Just wanted to introduce myself!

Johanna !
on 2/26/12 9:13 pm - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
Hi I am Johanna!!

I have not visited OH in ages and really need to get back here to get my head back in it!!  I am 1 year out from a tummy tuck and gained a whopping 30 lbs after my tt surgery.  I have been wearing the same clothing all year up unitl this past week - it was as if my body just blew up a bit all of a sudden!!   In that year I "forgot" I have an eating problem and felt I was just normal again!  I do not need to ask why I gained weight - it was all the breads, cracker, cakes and cookies and gobs of swiss merengue buttercream... I am a carb ***** and really need to practice restraint!! 

I have been very bad and have not taken vitamins or had adequate protein in this past year.  So today I admitted to my husband exactly how much I regained - he just thought I gained the "bounce back" weight that we already were aware of.  I am also starting the 5 day pouch test today  - which to me should be called pouch reset! I said I was going to do this before and never followed through, but I mean business this time!!!

I may pop in time to time to read posts maybe comment on my progress so I just wanted to introduce myself!!

Johanna - like Joe-on-uh, or that movie, Juwanna Man!  

Miss Candace
on 2/26/12 11:07 pm - San Jose, CA
Welcome Johanna or Jowanna :)

Thats a heavy mental & emotional burden to carry around. I love how you "forgot" you had an eating prob. I often "forget" that myself, as im sure many of us do.
Anyways - no long drawn out blah blah blah preaching blah blah - I just wanted to say im happy you came to your decision to face it & do something about it & welcome :)

Candace

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.     

dawn4511
on 2/26/12 11:12 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
Hi Johanna good idea to get on track now before that 30 becomes 60. I know you can do it. I too am a carb ***** so I know where your coming from there one taste ends up with a binge. Stick around I look forward to see how your doing.

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Tigs
on 2/27/12 4:17 am - Petoskey, MI
Hi, Johanna and welcome! I also very recently started back with OH again. With fertility treaments, being blessed with a baby in 2008 and 2010, not eating the best or right amounts of foods and not exercising, I also regained...around 50 pounds. I also did the 5-day pouch "test" last week. It really focused me on eating more protein and elimintaing sugar and refined carbs (I am addicted to Dove dark chocolate). It went perfectly and  now I am my way. You can do this!

Jennifer
Johanna !
on 2/27/12 10:34 pm - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
Did you lose any weight initially after doing the 5DPT?  I have lost 3 lbs and am on day 2 of all liquids - I am sure it is excess water being flushed out now that my sodium intake is barely existing! BUt I don't care - it is still motivating! i also feel like I am starting to head into ketosis I have that sweet saliva taste in my mouth - makes me glad because I knwo that will burn fat!

Tigs
on 2/28/12 1:32 am - Petoskey, MI
Keep up the great work!  I did lose.  I started last Monday.  My Sunday weight was down 8 pounds but then my Monday weight was "only" a loss of 5 pounds.  So, like you, I know it was water weight but you're right it's VERY motivating and I definitely feel less blaoted. Sugar cravings are very manageable so far. I have added in vegetables but no fruit or other carbs. Hard when DH and kiddies are eating rice and bread but I try to keep the end goal always in mind. Ketosis here we come :-)
Johanna !
on 2/28/12 1:59 am, edited 2/28/12 1:59 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
Yay ketosis LOL! I have decided that after the 5 days is up I will add veggies in and do low carb for a while to really get me out of my sweet tooth!! I have already been thinking of using steamed beansprouts and jullienned zuchinni as a noodle/pasta replacement!

I am excited to get back into this!! Although - my coworkers did bring in a tray of cookies and when I walk by I have to look the other way LOL!!!

Yes it is hard with a family at home because you cannot just remove all the junk out of the house!!

Johanna !
on 2/27/12 10:32 pm, edited 2/27/12 10:34 pm - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
Thanks everyone!!! I definitely do not need a lecture so thanks for not giving me one!! I know all the dumb crap I have done LOL!! I appreciate the support!

MccGator
on 2/29/12 4:47 am - Northern, IL
I'm almost 10 years out and I too had that feeling that I was "normal" its interesting to hear that others have felt the same way. I have gained some weight and am working toward getting it off. I was surprised at how quickly my pouch seemed to shrink so thats a good thing. of course the restriction is nothing like it was the first few years.

best wishes

Don
Johanna !
on 2/29/12 5:09 am - Formerly known as jdcRI, RI
Yeah I have to remind myself that I am and always will be a fat girl at heart!!  I was watching some food show with my husband (who can eat 4 bagels a day with PB and never lose his athletic build - ass) and there was some meat thing and my husband was like 'oh my god that is like a heart-attack on a plate - my reply was "I am not gonna lie, that looks incredible, I would so eat that"

What did you do to get back restriction?  I am on day 3 of the 5 day pouch test and am hungry but I think it is in my head...

Johanna

Most Active
Recent Topics