kdemeter299, new to obesityhelp.com

Kara D.
on 11/29/14 11:30 pm
VSG on 03/02/15

Hello, I am new to obesityhelp.com. My eventual surgery will be at Cleveland Clinic sometime next spring, I think. I have an appointment with the surgeon, nutritionist, a follow up with the psychologist on January 13. I live 3 hours away from the Cleveland Clinic so they have scheduled this round of appointments together. I don't know what to expect after these appointments. I am interested in the gastric sleeve procedure. I have been reading a coupe of books on the subject and am starting to have more questions than the books can answer. I would love any feed back, advice and support I can get! I look forward to meeting others like myself who are new to the process as well as talking with those who have had the surgery and are into their new lifestyle.

Roz !!!!
on 11/30/14 3:50 am, edited 12/1/14 2:31 am - Butler, PA

Welcome to our LW Board!!! Do you live closer to PA or the other way? 

Bring any of your questions to the LW Board and we will answer them the best we can.  I had my RNY 6+ years ago and other than the first couple of weeks after surgery I have never regretted it.  Take this time to learn as much as you can.  Now's a good time to practice some new habits and preparing yourself for this Wonderful Life Changing Event. 

The LW Board is my only Support Group.  Posting before surgery and now after has been the #1 reason for my success.

Roz

God is walking with me every step of the way. Because of HIM this is possible!!

RNY 10/15/2008 9+ Years!!!
Height: 4' 11" HW: 203 SW: 197 CW: 119
on Maintenance

Kara D.
on 12/2/14 9:50 am
VSG on 03/02/15

I live on the PA side of Cleveland sort of. I live in Parkersbug WV which is across the river from Marietta Ohio. I am really glad to know I am not the only person out there who does not live in the same local area as their doctor. Its good to know the this noard does help

Price S.
on 11/30/14 4:20 am - Mills River, NC

Welcome!!  The process seems never ending and then, your surgery is right around the corner.  I was 1.5 hr away from my surgeon and they demanded a lot in terms of classes, meetings, etc.  12 before surgery then one with every phase change after surgery.  But they were really good and I have always been glad I used them even if I was burning up the highway for many months.

Feel free to ask away with the questions.  We support all surgery types.  Sometimes we will just tell you to follow your doctors plan, but some doctors don't offer much help and then we are here.

Looking forward to following your progress.

LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat  66 yrs young, 4'11"  hw  220, goal 120 met at 12 months, cw 129 learning Maintainance

Between 35-40 BMI? join us on the Lightweight board.  the Lightweight Board

Kara D.
on 11/30/14 8:27 am
VSG on 03/02/15

Thank you. 

Linda B.
on 11/30/14 11:04 am - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

Welcome, I have a sleeve and am a little over two years out. This is a great group of people, very supportive. I also suggest you check out the VSG forum, lots of sleevers over there who can answer your questions. You can always ask me too, but because I am swamped with work (I'm an online teacher), it may take a few days to get back to you.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

Kara D.
on 11/30/14 11:18 pm
VSG on 03/02/15

Thanks Linda, I will check out the VSG forum. I am excited, nervous and impatient for my next appointment, but at the same time I know there are quite a few things I have to get a better understanding of before I can really start to know what I do in preparing. I have been reading what I can find out about the surgery as well as weight loss surgery books.

MajorMom
on 11/30/14 6:06 pm - VA

Welcome aboard!  

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Kara D.
on 11/30/14 11:14 pm
VSG on 03/02/15

Thank you!

lerkhart
on 12/2/14 1:04 am

Welcome to the LW Board.

I was 4 hours away from my surgeon, but it was in the town that my parents lived so I stayed with them.

This board is pretty much my only support also due to the length of travel time I only made it to one support group at the surgeon's office.  I did do all my follow up appointments and now do the annual follow up appointment with my surgeon because I feel that is very important for me.

I had RNY, but we have all types of surgeries on this board.

Good luck.

Linda

14.5 lost pre-surgery  5'1 1/2"                                      LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
Most Active
Recent Topics
10 years today
Linda B. · 1 replies · 304 views
12 Year Surgiversary!
Lee ~ · 1 replies · 428 views
Post Iron Infusion Dizziness
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 491 views
Still kickin'...
STLfan · 0 replies · 509 views