2 years...really? REALLY?

Nopenname
on 4/20/11 12:59 am, edited 4/20/11 1:06 am - Tacoma, WA
 It's really mind boggling how quickly everything can normalize. I go about my life day to day as if nothing about me is different, or changed. Things don't strike me as amazing anymore, I don't look toward goals, or think about how I used to not be able to do this! I just buy clothes, eat at restaurants, and have fun with my family like any normal person. I know people who don't know I had surgery, I don't feel compelled to tell them unless they see pictures of me, I'm forthcoming with the information it's just...not important day to day. 

That is until I try to get into a concert with my ID (which doesn't expire for another few years as I renewed it RIGHT BEFORE surgery) and the guy brings me inside, makes me take off my sunglasses, and scrutinizes every detail of the thing. Concedes only after a little bit that "It's you, you can tell around the eyes...but boy is it a different you."

At this point there isn't much new to tell: I lost over 220lbs, I hit goal, I wear a size 12 pants and a size 6 top (It was the same when I was heavier, I wore a size 26/28 top and a size 38 pants).  I'm currently 5 months pregnant - I get to find out if it's our fourth girl or a boy on the 29th, all my labs are spectacular. I eat what I want, it's kind of like a fun hobby, as my nutritional needs are largely addressed by the protein shakes and vites I take. I never have gas or loose stool that I either 1. can't predict or mitigate and 2. is so bad it'd make me stop eating half a lemon poppy seed muffin with my coffee in the morning. I'm pretty reactive to milk, my stomach gets gurly, but I buy darigold 100 percent lactose free and am back on the fruit loops for dessert trolly. I can eat salad, chicken breast, white rice, pasta, sugar, basically (and this is what my surgeon promised me with this surgery) what I WANT like an adult who is allowed to make food choices for herself. 

I am enjoying being pregnant this fourth time around, It's like getting to experience pregnancy fully for the first time. Every previous pregnancy I was 300+ pounds (All of them were spectacularly healthy, there is no reason a heavy gal can't be perfectly fine while pregnant). People comment on the fact that I am pregnant, Older ladies have started to try to touch me, I get to buy maternity clothing: Funny aside here, all my Small and Medium tops were starting to fit tight across my stomach or rolling up so I went to get maternity clothing. Well since Small and Medium in my regular clothes hadn't been fitting correctly for some time I pulled Large in Maternity. Silly me; they fit like tents! I had forgotten my size. So, I went and pulled some Small maternity tops, and LO they fit like magic again!!

I mean all in all this surgery gave me the ability to feel on the outside like I did on the inside. I feel more like myself than I ever have in my life. I feel free to express myself more with fashion; even if it's because there is simply more available in my size, I feel more able to get out and be with my kids. I have more energy, I keep a cleaner house (I think before I was tired and didn't know it, I thought I cleaned, I thought I was pretty on top of things but man, you should see my home now). I'm just ME now, everything is right and people see me for who I am, or at least I do when I look in a mirror.

And now the requisite pictures:

This was snapped by my now 7 year old when I was pregnant with my now 2 year old, not that you can tell I'm pregnant at 450+ lbs:

This is me this morning:

Edit: Man, I even KNOW the HTML code for posting pictures and OH makes it damn near impossible!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/11 1:08 am
You are so cute!  I couldn't see the pictures until I hit post reply.  Dang OH!
Sarah_Anne
on 4/20/11 1:10 am
I am always excited to hear about pregnancies after the DS.  I am 28 and single and I hope to have a few in my future.  

The photos did not come through.  I would love to see them!
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Sarah_Anne
on 4/20/11 1:11 am
 I see them now!  You are so so so adorable!  
 HW 315/ SW 297 /CW 173 /GW 150, size 8/10, 5'8 tall  (Updated December 1)
Nopenname
on 4/20/11 1:12 am - Tacoma, WA
 you may need to hit F5 for hard refre**** took me three tries at coding to put them up because when I right clicked to paste I could not get the dialoge box for pasting in the code. OH sure is contentious about posting pics!

HW/ SW/ CW/ GW

453/380/160/165

I'm pretty sure bacon tastes as good as thin feels!
*Feel free to call me "Pen" or "Nic" I'll even answer to "hey you" *

princesspopnfresh2
on 4/20/11 2:26 am
Congratulations on your great success! You look fabulous.

Hw 348/sw 306/  
lk1970
on 4/20/11 2:27 am
I had no idea you were pregnant, CONGRATS!! It looks great on you!!!

Lisa

Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning, the devil says "oh crap! she's up!

beemerbeeper
on 4/20/11 2:28 am - AL
I'm so happy for you.  You were one of the people who were just ahead of me so I followed your every post for the longest time.

Thanks for coming back and paying it forward.  I miss seeing you around these parts, but m so happy you are just living a happy life.

~Becky

curvalicious1
on 4/20/11 3:15 am
You look totally awsome!
sweetdew
on 4/20/11 3:19 am - CA
Thank you so much! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sweetdew
2005-Revision from Lap-band to RNY, 12/2010 Revision from RNY to DS
HW-305  DS,SW-262  CW-slowly going down  GW-140/160

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 678 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views