Help on bathroom issue.

M. Walker
on 3/13/13 2:37 am
DS on 02/12/13
I know I am a new DS, but I am really getting nervous about the bathroom issue. I have already did not make it to the bathroom the other day and that was just awful. I was home so that made it a little better, but I work full time sometimes 40 - 50 hrs a week, so I will be at work a lot ore than home. Pretty close to a bathroom, but with what happened a couple days ago, that was a shorter distance. I am really scared. Anyone have any suggestions as to when I do return to work or am out. Do you wear Depends and carry wipes. Ugg!!!!!! That is just so gross to think about. Help.

beemerbeeper
on 3/13/13 2:43 am - AL

How much calcium are you taking?  How many and what types of carbs?  

~Becky

M. Walker
on 3/13/13 3:05 am
DS on 02/12/13
I am taking the chewable calcium tabs (2 at 4 times a day). Bariatrics Advantage.

And really no carbs. I did have 6 crackers with my soup the day before I had the issue. I am really not eating correctly. I just don't feel like it then in turn I forget. I am trying harder today to get in small meals with protein.

Huneypie
on 3/13/13 3:01 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

No special underwear here and I've not had a single accident since I got switched nearly 8 months ago.  I was pretty much 6 weeks out by the time I went back to work.  Being a 2 parter my diet was close to being DS normal by then.

Keep the carbs to a bare minimum and probably go a little easy on the fat until you know your new intestines a bit better.  Are you on the Vitalady regime of vites?  That should help firm things up a bit for you.  HTH.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

M. Walker
on 3/13/13 3:08 am
DS on 02/12/13
Wow that would be great. I am a 2 parter too if that means my sleeve was 2 years ago and the DS was last month.

The Vitalady regime will give me all I need? And can I start taking them this close out.

Huneypie
on 3/13/13 3:25 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I was a month out when I started taking them.  She also does mostly chewable vites if you want to want to start with those.  I didn't but I do still take the sublinguals in her standard bundle as they really are very good.

Until you get your first labs done you won't know what you need more/less of but it's a very good starting point for a DSer (please don't think her quantities are excessive in any way - you need this type of supplementation).  I had to add more zinc and vit D.  You should add K2 as that's not her bundles but she does sell it (K2 helps you better absorb calcium and you really should be taking some as a DSer).

I'm still using her pre-packaged vites as I take everything plus a few extra.  My CC is 75cm so I guess I malabsorb more than someone with a longer CC and as always it's a case of YMMV.

I've added extra calcium since getting my dexa scan in January as I have borderline osteopenia in L1 and L2.  I'm pretty sure that the scan was too close to my surgery for it really to have had much of a chance to have an effect and I attribute this to the depo injections I had for a few years (it's a possible side effect).

The Vitalady bundles you're after are on this page https://vitalady.com/vitanews/pre-packaged-regimens/

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

M. Walker
on 3/13/13 3:32 am
DS on 02/12/13
Thanks for the info. I think I might check her website out. Sounds like having it all in a neat package would be great. And if I need additional, I can always get them too. Thanks so much again.

on 3/13/13 3:06 am

I have to say it gets better, probiotic helps me a lot.

VSG TO DS REVISION 

M. Walker
on 3/13/13 3:12 am
DS on 02/12/13
When did you start the probiotics? And did you dr approve or did you just do it? I am just a little apprehensive to take something right now that the dr has not prescribed.

Huneypie
on 3/13/13 3:34 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

I'm not 096096 and I've not needed probiotics yet per se - I did however have Greek yogurt that has them in.  It's not such a big dose as you'd get in something like Primal Defense Ultra, but I'd start with the yogurt first as some people find that probiotics make them worse - hence my not having them in pill form yet... as they say if it aint broke... ;-)

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 677 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1005 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 338 views