Tuesday WLS express

Stephanie G.
on 5/5/09 12:35 am - Rowlett, TX
Michelle, my take on the whole thing is that maybe you need to shake things up.  You post everyday that you "took a walk".  Eventually your body comes to expect that exercise so what it needs is something new and different.  Drag out that Wii or do an exercise video, ride a bike.  Also I get the impression that you eat the same things over and over.  Shake that up too and I bet you see a difference.  Liquids are a "punishment", just try something new and different, you need to get out there and enjoy your life, not focus on your WLS all the time!!   Go get 'em sweetie cuz I think you've done an amazing job!!

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

cajungirl
on 5/4/09 8:52 pm
Morning!  I haven't been posting as much lately and decided it's time to own up to my eating and weight gain while it's still within a reasonable amount.  Since I've quit smoking my eating is aweful, horrible.  The sugar has a strong hold on me.  Everyday I tell myself today is the day I change that and every day the sugar wins.

I have a couple of co-workers that are challenging me this week to make better choices so I'm hoping that helps some.  I'm seriously thinking about going back to shakes/liquids only for a few days to de-carb because I know that's my problem.  Trying to regulate the sugar levels with more sugar and carbs just isn't right, and yes I know that but I haven't done anything about it for any length of time.

Looks like lots of 2005 surgeries babies are at that point of more regain and feeling pretty frustrated.  I've talked to several that are in the same places, some gaining around what I've gained and some gaining lots more.  I'm grateful to a degree that it's 10 lbs above my goal but it's 15 damn lbs above my comfort of where I want to be.  Losing 10 lbs is a MUST, however I have to do it I have no option.  Significant money has been spent on my body (surgery and PS) that could of very well been used and/or saved for other matters.  I'm not about to allow this to happen, now it's time to get the mental part to agree with me and fight the carb monster.

Phewwwww ok I've said it, this isn't easy.  When your clothes is to tight there is no denying the weight gain.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

George T.
on 5/4/09 8:56 pm - Grand Prairie, TX
No lecture.  No kick in the pants. 

Just plain old prayer.  You will be in my prayers.  You are acknowledging the problem, that is half the battle.  I can't make any suggestions, because I have not been in your shoes.  But prayer, I can do. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!                   

Susan T.
on 5/4/09 9:10 pm - Waco, TX
I'm not alone!!!  Thanks for letting me know that.  I don't know what happened!! When we first moved here I got to my all time low of 133 and held it for over 6 months and then last year (as I was getting ready to go visit my parents and was STRESSING over it) I started gaining weight.  It happened slowly - so slowly I didn't really notice it, but now I'm at 145 and staying there.  I don't like this!!  All my clothes are tight and I feel uncomfortable in EVERYTHING I wear unless it's a couple of things I never got around to donating.  UGH....  I'm so disgusted with myself.  I've lost back to 140 a couple of times but it keeps going back up.  I'm so scared that I'm just going to slowly gain my way back up to 270 again.....but I don't seem to be doing anything about it. Stress levels in my life right now keep pushing me to those darn chips and other salty things that I LOVE and CRAVE and use for comfort.  UGH UGH UGH

Okay....I've admitted it too.  And, today I'm going to the gym with my son to work out after school.  He's got a PRT test in NJROTC and he wants to use the treadmill to train for his run.  Guess I will too.....well, I'll walk on the treadmill.  Not up to running on one yet.  I do that for short distances with the dogs.  :)
Susan   Cheeleader Jump 

Karla Lewis
on 5/4/09 9:12 pm - Livingston, TX
I feel your pain...in same spot...take some off, seems to find me again.  I could easily stand to lose 20-30 lbs. or more...haven't put that much on, just never got tiny like you and some others...wish I had now and I'd have a little more wiggle room.  It is scary.  Hang in there...post on May Motivation...you know when your accountable you'll think about some of it before you put it in your mouth; not everything, but at least some!

Karla

Karla Lewis     337/194/175
Lap RNY 1-23-2006     Dr. Terry Scarborough   Houston, TX
Lipo 4-27-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
LBL 11-13-2007           Dr. David Wainwright      Houston, TX
BL & brachioplasty  7-18-2008       Dr. David Wainwright    Houston, TX

Gina 21 Years Out
on 5/4/09 9:23 pm, edited 5/4/09 9:24 pm - Burleson, TX
DANA--I'm trying to avoid sounding like a snake oil salesman here, touting "the next great miracle", but, have you heard of the book "The Beck Solution"? It was recommended to me by someone I trust non-WLSer). I just got it-and the workbook-and plan to do them-haven't started yet. Google and share your thoughts with me, please

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Lynnette S.
on 5/4/09 11:35 pm - Whitesboro, TX

Dana,

You are certainly not alone. I'm struggling with my eating also. Same ol' bad habits keep coming back. I'm barely holding on to my size 12's and I'm back down to goal but the whole month of April I was bouncing around with 10lbs. I've got to start logging my food again, that makes a huge difference with me when I see my carb count.

Your loved!

Lynnette

Vivian Prouty
on 5/4/09 11:36 pm - Fort Worth, TX
Dana.....you got that right.   I have been fighting a 10-15 lb gain for months now.    I am the only one to blame...no one else.    It is very difficult to get it off the farther out you are and yes....I too am a 2005 baby !!!!   We all just  have to stick together on this one.    And yes...clothes....particularly pants are tighter this year than last.   Don't EVER plan on going back to any huge sizes.    Maintance is so very hard....I have never hit that with any diet ever in my entire life.    At least you are young and not my age trying to pull off a weight gain.    With age it does become harder....not impossible...just harder to do.   Love ya and try not to let it get you down.   We are all here to support and encourage one another !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

Misty750342002
on 5/4/09 11:44 pm - Frisco, TX
Dana, I am so sorry you are going thru this.  You are such an inspiration to us newbys...not sure I am still a newby.  But you have done so many great things.  This is probably just because you stopped smoking and you will get back on track and have it off in no time at all.,  I will keep you in my prayers and will be thinking about you.

Karen
Susan T.
on 5/4/09 8:56 pm - Waco, TX
Howdy TMB!!!

Well, I'm feeling a little better today.  And, avoiding calling the people in TN to see how they are doing.  Sometimes I can't handle the emotional stress so I just don't call.  Does that make me a bad daughter?  According to my mother, it does.  But, I've been on so many of those guilt trips that I'm getting sort of tired of packing and unpacking my bags. KWIM?

Having lunch with a friend today (hopefully) and really looking forward to actually talking with someone face to face.  What a novel concept!! 

Hope everyone has a great day.  Love and prayers to all. Please keep praying for my parents (and me). 
MAKE GOOD CHOICES!!
Susan   Cheeleader Jump 

Most Active
Recent Topics
constipations remedies
BrandonApafe · 0 replies · 49 views
Good morning Texas! 1/3/2024
Laura P. · 0 replies · 125 views
I'm new here
TattooMom · 4 replies · 434 views