Removal of ghrelin hormone....is it really permanent?? Vets??

Kelly Jean
on 3/4/15 3:17 am
VSG on 04/08/14

As you know amber I'm no vet and I'm at almost the same amount of time out as you... I get hungry once in a while but I've noticed it's when I'm bored out of my mind so I don't believe for me it's true hunger !!! I have to remind my self to eat sometimes still like yesterday I had an egg and cheese omlet for breakfast at 7 am went to work was so busy that when I got home at 8 pm I remember  I hadn't eaten all day... but I got my water in lol.. so I had another egg omlet! ! I hate days like that!!! :-) 

♡ Kelly 

Amber G.
on 3/4/15 3:27 am
VSG on 04/02/14

Heyyyy Miss Kelly! Its just been lately, and its been horrible! I am have a lot to factor in with the responses too! I have not been doing a PPI (I love spicy food), I suck at fluid intake, and I am drinking a ton of coffee to keep up at work. So I got a few things possibly contributing to this :( 

Kelly Jean
on 3/4/15 3:42 am
VSG on 04/08/14

Your still on a PPI I was off by 3 months out??  I eat some spicy mainly buffalo chicken and crackslaw !! Get tha****er 8n cause that will curb your hungry ... and if you drink when your hungry it will curb your your appetite if its not true hunger water is a huge part of our weight loss so you know you gotta get that in you don't need dehydration especially this far out be easy on yourself don't worry about it you got this you can do it stay focused..!!! :-*  

♡ Kelly 

Julie81
on 3/5/15 9:43 am

I'm three weeks out and convinced they left my hunger hormone in!

VSG 2/11/15 with David Lautz

Cindi A.
on 3/4/15 8:54 am - Vancouver, Canada
VSG on 11/26/12

I can usually trace feelings of hunger to sugar intake. Usually about 45 minutes after suagr I feel hungry. Carbs are turned into sugar in the body so carbs do the same thing to me. I've always had hypoglycemia and I'm insulin resistant (probably why I gained weight originally) and the surgery didn't change it. As long as I am good at getting my protein and fluids in, I rarely experience hunger.

I hate drinking water so I put Ener-C powder in my water. Yummy, not full of sugar like powerade or fruit juice, and extra vitamins. 

centurycard     

Surg: Nov. 26/12 1st Goal: Lose 100lbs Reached Feb. 14/14 New Goal: 135lbs

bikrchk
on 3/6/15 12:51 am

From what I've heard some of it centers in the stomach, some in the brain.  I'm a year and 1/2 out and I do get physical hungry, I just have a lot more control now than I used to!

Sweat is fat crying

Most Active
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 0 replies · 5 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 190 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 277 views