Possible new forum/group

Cathy W.
on 3/20/15 12:25 pm

I also have an OH Group, Back On Track Together, and it has been great.  You need to get the word out about your group and offer something that members post about, want and like.  At the time I created mine, I had experienced a weight regain and wanted to have a group where other members with weight regain wanted to share, vent, exchange ways of losing it, and anything related to regain/WLS.  

You'll really only know of the interest in your group if you create it and start inviting members.  Make your group interesting so members of your group will not only want to join but most importantly be active and come back regularly to post and check in to see what's going on in your group.  

Cathy

Want to get back on track or stay on track? Get Back On Track Together!

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/20/15 12:44 pm, edited 3/20/15 12:45 pm

I think there may be an interest in it.  I know a few people reached out to me lately saying they felt bullied or intimidated by things written on other forum boards.  Starting a new group was actually an idea posed to me by someone else. 

The whole "build it and they will come" is backward to my nonprofit business brain.  I work in a world of seeing needs being addressed, not services waiting for clients. So it might be interesting and a challenge to do something that is completely different.  

Thank you for your encouragement and advice.  I'll have to see if I want to take the time tackle this or not.   

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Karen M.
on 3/20/15 12:53 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Patience is a virtue, or so I've heard.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/20/15 1:43 pm

I've heard that too.  It's not my strong suit.  It's one of the few virtues the universe keeps giving me opportunities to practice over and over and over again.

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/15 12:48 pm - San Antonio, TX

Are you going to be the moderator of this new forum and decide who is not being respectful or kind? Are you going to be the one to decide if someone gets kicked out for hurting someone's feelings? I think a safer place would be a forum that is not moderated, everyone acts like adults and everyone can speak their mind. Oh, wait, I think it already exists. Never mind.

happytoloose
on 3/20/15 1:10 pm

Im in!

Although, I may need to visit the "Tough love" forum from time to time just to keep me on my toes. lol

Obviously, some of us need to hear both sides. Being positive and keeping your enthusiasm at a high level is the most important part of this journey.

Its nice to hear the positive conversation, gives us all hope and keeps us motivated.

I love my sleeve!

Rod

Kate -True Brit
on 3/20/15 6:36 pm - UK
On March 20, 2015 at 8:10 PM Pacific Time, happytoloose wrote:

Im in!

Although, I may need to visit the "Tough love" forum from time to time just to keep me on my toes. lol

Obviously, some of us need to hear both sides. Being positive and keeping your enthusiasm at a high level is the most important part of this journey.

Its nice to hear the positive conversation, gives us all hope and keeps us motivated.

I love my sleeve!

Rod

Well said. Seeing both sides is essential. I used to belong to another board where everyone gave positive support. Sometimes people need to be tokd that eating tacos three days post-op is a bad thing! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Chilipepper
on 3/20/15 2:07 pm

The adult forum sounds like a good place to be. Wonder how I can get in.   Oh yea I am already in it. It is a refreshing change from the main board. We are adults who have adult conversations and when someone disagrees they don't go crying foul.

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Kate -True Brit
on 3/20/15 6:37 pm, edited 3/20/15 10:57 pm - UK

This sort of thing gets tried reguiariy and usually works for a few months. It is by far more sensible to leave yourself open to all views and simply block those who offend you, 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

Jackie
Multiplepetmom

on 3/21/15 1:06 am
On March 21, 2015 at 1:37 AM Pacific Time, Kate -True Brit wrote:

This sort of thing gets tried reguiariy and usually works for a few months. It is by far more sensible to leave yourself open to all views and simply block those who offend you, 

this, pretty much - people regularly get offended and decide it is because some others are so mean when it's just better to look at how you are reading and responding to posts.

better choices (than getting offended) - consider the source and ignore, block, argue back, realize it doesn't matter if someone on the internet doesn't agree with you.

if you continue to read everyone instead of trying to put up barriers to disagreement you might learn something. 

once upon a time I had a group to talk about Binge Eating Disorder, and later one about Clean Eating.

PM me if you are interested in either of these.

size 8, life is great

Most Active