Possible new forum/group

sleevedin2014
on 3/21/15 2:52 pm

Thanks.

hollykim
on 3/21/15 11:34 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On March 21, 2015 at 5:03 PM Pacific Time, Modest_Phoenix wrote:

There's certainly interest in having a new group where people feel safe to share and not intimidates by others.  I'm not getting what I need from this particular online community outside of the articles so I'm not certain I will be sticking around.  Time will tell. 

My WLS path will most likely be very different from the main line of thinking here and I think my best source for community and support will be with others who share the same way or at the very least an understanding of it so I am switching from OH to another group where the monitors are active and rules of conduct are followed.  I'm not deactivating this account at this time and will check my inbox for messages so please feel free to contact me there directly if you would like to stay in touch.

Be well and take care. 

For those who think it would be a great idea for a "safe" group and plan on sticking around for it to become successful please start one if you can devote the time and energy to it.    

maybe you could try to hook up with the guy who was so sure a vegan forum was way past being needed ,so he created one. 

Ipt is pretty much dead in. The water from day one,so maybe happy vegans could revive it? It.could be the "happy Vegan group.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/21/15 11:57 am, edited 3/21/15 11:57 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Aka: Failed WLS group... 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/21/15 12:45 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Gwen M.
on 3/21/15 10:26 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Good luck!  We'll still be here and happy to help if you come back. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Karen M.
on 3/22/15 1:33 am - Mississauga, Canada

I think you need to do some personal reflection on what it is that you think you need from these forums.  Anyone can find and read articles - a forum is an opportunity to put a human slant and actual experiences to the "theory".  I would have been so much more lost in my own journey if I didn't have the input and resource of people who had gone before me.

Quite frankly, a forum full of people lacking experience and only "allowed" to hand pat/agree is not only fairly useless (other than the social interaction) but potentially dangerous without a common sense voice of experience.

After your multiple posts on this forum, I would venture to say that you are getting exactly what you "need" - which seems to be constant interaction and drama.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

hollykim
on 3/22/15 2:06 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Modest_Phoenix
on 3/22/15 5:59 am

Interaction yes. Drama no. Which is why I think a support group with people who have had WLS and follow a vegetarian or mostly vegetarian diet is what I need. That way it won't seen like a constant, uphill battle. 

Highest weight 208 in 2008 ** VSG 11/27/15 weight 193 ** Current weight 128 ** Goal weight range 100 -110 ** Height - 4'11" ** Age - 49

Karen M.
on 3/22/15 7:12 am - Mississauga, Canada

Honestly, I am at a loss as to what else I can tell you (nicely) to have you understand the point I am trying to make to you.

Good luck on your journey.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 3/22/15 8:50 am - OH

So then you think that there are other people who would benefit from support for a vegan/vegetarian lifestyle? Why not start that group here, then, rather than a "hand-patting only" group?  That way others could learn from your journey as well. 

If there are specific people here whom you feel are creating drama here, you can block them. (You can also unblock them later on, if you choose to do so.) 

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active