Recent Posts

MarieCeeJay
on 9/25/16 7:42 am
Topic: RE: Saying Hi at the OH Conference in Anahiem!

Hey Rustimart!

I wish I could be there too but not this year. Enjoy!!

rustimart
on 9/22/16 12:09 pm - Corona Del Mar, CA
Topic: Saying Hi at the OH Conference in Anahiem!

Looking forward to the upcoming conference in Anaheim, just 8 short days away! Excited to meet in person several of our members flying in and attending the conference!  Please stop by and say hi to me!  

JEMilesATL
on 9/10/16 7:45 am
Topic: RE: Hello Atlanta LGBTQ Bari's!

Wow, 23 views and not a single hello....   I'm FEELING the love!!!!!  

JEMilesATL
on 9/8/16 4:09 pm
Topic: Hello Atlanta LGBTQ Bari's!

Hello,

My name is Jamie and I had Lap-Band in 2009.  Re-joining Obesity Help and thought I'd say hello to my fellow LGBTQ folks who are banded.   Open to meeting new people in Atlanta and outside of Atlanta.

Take care all!

Jamie

gamethinker
on 8/10/16 4:06 am
Topic: RE: Holiday Plans! Question?

Hey guys, I guess suggestions are being given for the holiday plans. I need few some pretty gud suggestion of holiday plans for gay couples. I mean, a tourist spot where people don't see them weirdly and they must feel more comfortable with each other.......wowwww....love is the air.He is my bestie and he found his love from a Toronto based gay match making service providers and really happy for them. Juz planning to gift them a tour package for them where they can spent quality time with each other and no one to disturb them. So I'm expecting some good replies from you all.

gamethinker
on 8/10/16 3:06 am
Topic: RE: Hi Everyone...

Hey Mathew....great to have you all here

ChubbyHubby82
on 5/12/16 12:35 pm
VSG on 07/06/15
Topic: Does it get better?

https://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/it-gets-better-unless -youre-fat?utm_term=.tcVDgaaeMD#.lenNP00AbN

This was a very interesting article that hit really close to home for me. It was most definitely a double whammy of sorts. 

RNY_elizabeth
on 5/9/16 10:16 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15
Topic: RE: Catching any feminist side-eye for losing weight?

Healthy is sexy.  We are getting our bodies healthier.  Our minds will need a minute to catch up. Self love has always been a challenge for me.

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

ChubbyHubby82
on 5/8/16 6:39 pm
VSG on 07/06/15
Topic: Post Surgery

Hello LGBTQ community,

As a large gay man, it was hard enough trying to find someone. When I did, they did like me for me and who I was even though I was on a bad track and my luck was starting to catch up with me. I will admit it; I liked being liked by guys smaller than me.

Now, I have lost over a 160 pounds and falling like a rock. I went on a date, and that ended up not going as planned so to speak and it was awful. In a way, it was almost easier in the cocoon. However, that external image is now gone...and what I have is a deflated misshaped body. I don't feel attractive, and I want to date, but I also want someone normal. The weirdos have come out of the woodwork so to speak. I am not a bearded lady or some sideshow freak.

How did you combat this? How do you get over it? My feelings right now is vanity run amok.

Steph Meat Hag
on 5/7/16 8:21 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with
Topic: RE: Catching any feminist side-eye for losing weight?

I suspect just like those people who still think they're fat when really they are far from it feel similar too.  I see that on the boards all the time, they still go to buy large clothing or choose larger places to sit.  

I reasonably believe I will not be changing what types of clothes I wear so I'll still look my part.  But unlike the previously mentioned people I believe most of them are driving forward to a social image which is more exceptable.  However for me I feel like it's not exactly like that concidering larger is often saw as powerful in the lesbian world. 

However your right about presence that can override size in most any sistuation.

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I'm new on here
Zellawillfly · 2 replies · 375 views
No activity!
Corey150 · 0 replies · 948 views
RNY Surgery date closing in
missymoomoo12 · 1 replies · 1326 views