Recent Posts

savannasanders
on 7/26/23 10:17 pm
Topic: RE: Increased Hunger, 5 years Post-Op

Hello! Mindset plays a significant role in managing hunger and overall well-being... . Stay positive and motivated it's important. If you ever have questions or concerns about the psychological aspects of your hunger struggles, consider seeking guidance from a qualified professional

(deactivated member)
on 11/19/20 7:27 am
RNY on 12/29/15
Topic: Increased Hunger, 5 years Post-Op

Just started struggling with increased hunger, I'll be 5 years post-op in December. Is this normal around 5 years out? Any good strategies to fight it beyond focusing on protein first? Thanks

Awkwardkettle
on 8/23/20 4:54 pm
Topic: Diagnosed with depression, anxiety and Binge eating

Hey everyone, I'v been sleeved in 2012. Went from 120kilos to 55 kilos in 9 months but I've been gaining weight for the past 2 years.

long story short; I've been diagnosed with depression, anxiety, binge eating and prescribed Citalopram (celexa) going on week 1 now.

my question; any experiences with anti depressants? Did it help with the binges?

did it help with anything???

(deactivated member)
on 7/24/20 1:56 am
Topic: Diner Envy

Does this happen to you? You're eating at a diner and once the food arrives, you kinda wish you ordered what your dinner mate ordered. Too many choices I guess, and hard to narrow it down.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/9/20 5:07 pm
RNY on 02/14/18
Topic: RE: Can't eat anything at all post surgery by 12 years or so

Given what you're describing you should definitely reach out to a medical professional. If you can contact your original surgeon, maybe they can recommend some one in Ohio? Or your insurance company may have a list of providers.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

mrskotnik
on 6/7/20 7:56 am
Topic: Can't eat anything at all post surgery by 12 years or so

I am at the end of my rope. I used to be able to eat a few things, now the best I can do is a small container of instant mashed potatoes. Anything else comes back up. Doesn't matter how much I chew it or not. I feel weak and exhausted all the time. Take supplements or would probably die. Does this happen to anyone else? I had my surgery in Duluth MN. I now live in Ohio. If I could get it reversed I would. I had the extensive one where stomach us mostly removed. Is there anything I can take to help break up food when I can eat. Or should I seek out a surgeon here?

FireFightersWife
on 12/7/19 1:36 pm
Topic: RE: Hunger And Food Troubles? Back To Basics!

I need to print this and put up on my fridge, bathroom etc.. I been off here for long time, I'm a repeat offender lol. Im still at battles. I am better with my comfort zone though. I read what you put on my wall, and honestly, my husband is my enabler, he's always bringing in junk, I had many talks with him, he stops for while then back. I get bad with cravings, and I do get whiny, but I need him to not leave stuff where I have easy access. I am at fault for even trying stuff to see if could have, so I started this mess. But I admit my weakness and how hard it is to him. I even see a therapist and psychiatrist to help. I just want to be healthy even if don't get back to orginal lowest weight, but maybe 25 lbs would be ideal. I am going to do my best to read daily with focus on my journey and getting inspiration like before.

HUGGS         
     TAMMY

~Failure is not trying~ Success is not given, but earned~
SW: 283lbs/HW: 287lbs/current 168lbs/NEWGOAL: 155lbs  
Living with PCOS/Fibromyalgia/Arthritis/MultipleSpinal-Hip Injuries/conditions
Hysterectomy 02/06/2012

Partlypollyanna
on 3/24/19 7:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18
Topic: RE: What do you want this forum to be for "YOU"?

With my program, we had to do a book/workbook/cd on Mindful Eating and I find that I use the head hunger techniques regularly. It's called Mindful Eating and the author is Jan Chozen Bays. I'll be honest, it goes a little too woo-woo for me but I just ignore the parts that weren't for me and I've found it useful overall.

Your program, especially, the dipping chicken in ho****er and calling it broth sounds very interesting; I'm only about 13 months post op but I don't feel like my surgery was forced starvation; that's a very unfortunate way for the surgeon to describe it, I think.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Kathy S.
on 1/21/19 1:17 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Here is a link to some great articles to help with head hunger issues.

https://www.obesityhelp.com/index.php?s=head+hunger

Let me know if you need anything else

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

sapphireis
on 1/20/19 11:16 am

Hi Kathy,

i would love to have a place where head hunger can be discussed. I was told the surgery is a tool, but there has to be other tools to help battle head hunger.

I was told I wouldn't care about food after surgery and wouldn't want to eat, well, I can tell you the day with no food and water and the two days of clear liquids which consisted of 4 oz jello, lemonade (acid) , Lipton tea(or 1 day warm water with no teabag, and 6oz of "broth" made by dipping a piece of chicken in ho****er and yanking it out, did not help. I was literally feeling like I was starving.

Now that I am home and on the protein shakes, which is better than the clear liquid diet, I am anticipating mushy diet and eventually adding back real foods.

The surgeon did not tell me the strong cravings and the need to chew would hit me so soon after surgery, but he did say this surgery is a form of "forced starvation ".

Most Active