Recent Posts

Wendy Kipp
on 2/26/18 10:49 am - MI
Topic: Pouch Reset

I have had some regain from the Roux-N-Y I had back in 2005. I had lost 210lbs and weighed in at 395. I am now back up to 230lbs. I started some medications which have weight gain as a side effect and this has contributed to the weight gain, although I do have to say, I have also not been following my bariatric diet. I did some research on what I should do to get this stubborn weight off, and found this advice on getting back on track. It is called a "pouch reset". It is supposed to shrink your pouch back to the post surgical size and also get you back on track with your bariatric eating regimen. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I think it sounds good, but I don't really want to go to my surgeon or a dietician like it says since I am so far out post surgically. It has been 13 years and I haven't seen anyone but my family doctor since about 2 years out.

https://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-pouch-reset-losing-weight-after-weight-regain/

Wendy Kipp
on 2/26/18 10:44 am - MI
Topic: RE: REGAIN

Hi, I haven't been on this site in a very long time, but have had some regain myself since starting some psychiatric medications a couple years ago. I have put on about 40 lbs of the 210 I lost. I started to research some options and found something called a "pouch reset". I decided to start this and maybe it would help you too. I am starting today, so I can't really say if it will work. But it sure is worth a try. Here is the link I found.

https://www.obesitycoverage.com/the-pouch-reset-losing-weight-after-weight-regain/

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/18 5:19 pm
Topic: RE: Don't Tell Me You Can Relate, You Skinny B****

Yes food addiction is so annoying ... we can switch to another seat on the titanic... like excercise .. jes saying.

Believe it or not excercising first thing in the morning can be really ENJOYABLE - and it really cuts the food cravings .

(((()))

(deactivated member)
on 2/9/18 5:15 pm
Topic: RE: Dreaded Regain!! Can I get back on track???

The key if you read other posters' experiences is to move every day no matter what. I used to get up every morning and made excericising first thing my number one priority.

Besides this I personally would emphasize a low fat diet. Perhaps try weigh****chers just to get an idea of free foods and food choices portions and parameters.

You CAN do this. ((())))

H.A.L.A B.
on 2/3/18 10:42 pm
Topic: RE: Help! I think I?m in big trouble!

I replied on your other post.

1000 calories is not a lot, but it is not very little. Some people post op RNY in maintenance eat that many. But the critical part is to make sure you get enough proteins.

50-80 gr of proteins every day plus good fat and take vitamins and minerals. The last 2 are critical.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Sweetjewels72
on 2/3/18 5:30 pm
Topic: Help! I think I?m in big trouble!

I'm almost 11 years out. I had my first gain 2 yrs ago, 30lbs due to thyroid. Today I sit here and thank God I gained that weight.

Im very sick. I have a rare headache disorder that is out of control and for the past 5 years I've been bedridden. I haven't had eating issues prior to this but last year these 3 sick in the head men set off a ptsd trigger that started stomach issues... vomiting, stomach pains, nausea and not eating much (although I eat a lot less now). So that went away in sept/oct. But eating issues never came back. I don't get hungry and even when I'm not nauseous I still can't eat much. I can get some in maybe 4-5 ounces but not enough to sustain life when you are only eating like that a couple times a day.

My doc had me back on protein shakes which helped with strength. My finances changed and I can't afford them now. I've lost 35lbs since April laying in bed. I'm scared! I can barely get 1000 calories a day in me. I do have medical marijuana for my pain. I found one that works for pain and appetite but I'm broke and can only get a little. Anything else that can make you eat? I wanted to know if I can starve to death? I have RNY. Sorry so long. Any advice or ideas would be great. Thanks

I

lisag58
on 12/20/17 12:14 pm
VSG on 12/15/16
Topic: RE: Eating disorder and WLS

Hi: What does "TRG" mean?

SiennaSun
on 11/17/17 8:43 am - CO
Topic: RE: Soda

I needed the comfort of my pop but the acid from Diet Coke didn't work. I do a Diet Mt. Dew at least 6x/day. I have continued to lose weight. I really recommend anyone who can quit to stay away. I'm sure water is the best answer. For me, I had way too many changes in my life and this is a crutch. No excuses but please save me the lecture? I wanted to give you an honest question to a real question. I tried it, got away with it and so I continue to do it. I am at goal but still continue to lose. I exercise for 1 1/2 hour every day, 6 days a week.

newsuzicue
on 7/18/17 9:59 am

I just logged back in to this site after being gone a few years and came across your post from May. I am battling regain as well and also need encouragement/support/ideas. If you see this, please respond. Maybe we can help each other.

HW253  SW222  CW153    

brendalee253
on 7/12/17 8:04 pm - IA

How are you doing? I am dealing with this as well.

Most Active