Recent Posts

Dricha
on 9/23/19 3:17 pm
Topic: Molina of Illinois Surgeons in the St. Louis metro area.

My daughter, age 27, is seeking weight loss surgery. She has Illinois Medicaid-Molina of Illinois. We are having a difficult time finding a surgeon who accepts Molina. Does anyone in that area know of one? Her sister and I used Dr. Eagon at Barnes in St. Louis, but he is no longer accepting Molina.

Deja_2011
on 7/29/19 7:18 am - Racine, WI
Topic: Molina Healthcare in Wisconsin/Dr. Thomas Y. Chua

Hi! I am looking to get the VSG sometime soon. Does anyone know the requirements for Molina Healthcare to be approved for this surgery, and I am planning to go to Dr. Chua.

Wolvesfan1
on 7/21/19 7:13 am
Topic: RE: Denial - Appeal - Lindstrom

Can you please give me the contact information for Lindstrom? I'm having major issues with my insurance company and need assistance.

Thanks in advance.

hollykim
on 7/17/19 3:23 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: Denial - Appeal - Lindstrom
On April 10, 2018 at 12:28 AM Pacific Time, brttnyj89 wrote:

So, I know that I keep posting about this but I'm desperate to find someone who has used Lindstrom. I was denied by insurance company with a peer to peer. My doctor only does peer to peers, and not appeals. So now I am stuck doing it. I contacted Kelley Friday and spoke with her. She made me incredibly hopeful. The basis for my denial was there was no mechanical failure of the band. Kelley suggested I see a Gastroenterologist. I made the appointment as soon as she suggested it. Went today for a consultation and barium swallow. My barium swallow showed reflux, which I knew I had. However it showed that the bad was positioned correctly. Has anyone else been in this situation.

I used them and they were great. They told me it was a long shot cause there was an wpexclusion on my policy,but I chose to have them try anyway,

they will do a free phone consult and let you know what they think. I would use them again.

hollykim
on 7/17/19 3:21 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
Topic: RE: Self pay and being asked for Insurance "run through"???
On May 8, 2019 at 5:08 PM Pacific Time, michele035 wrote:

Hi

hoping someone where can help. I just had my final meeting with my doctor and scheduled my revision RNY to DS. 2 years ago my insurance denied my revision so I am 100% self pay. I got all my payment information today and the woman at the doctor's office told me she would need to "run the insurance info through" for the hospital just so they have the denial info? huh? the LAST thing I want is for my insurance company to have any info on this surgery. I majorly understand the risks of any complications in the hospital and being responsible for the costs personally since I am paying for the initial surgery. I understand that risk and am willing to take it. I also understand that if I go home a few days or weeks later sometype of complication happens, that I should be able to run that through insurance and have it be covered (different medical coding). So with all this being said the LAST thing I want is for the insurance company to have any inkling of this surgery

Has anyone ever had this experience? I am very concerned now that she said that this morning and I cannot think of anything else...any insight would be appreciated.

just tell her no you don't want your insurance info run through. She can't make you if you are self pay and if she still gives you trouble,ask for her supervisor.

Drea2019
on 7/11/19 7:35 am
Topic: RE: Appealing Panniculectomy Denial

Hello all! I had the sleeve March 8, 2016. I recently got denied for panni/abdominoplasty. Has anyone had any luck with an appeal???

michele035
on 5/8/19 10:08 am - PA
Topic: Self pay and being asked for Insurance "run through"???

Hi

hoping someone where can help. I just had my final meeting with my doctor and scheduled my revision RNY to DS. 2 years ago my insurance denied my revision so I am 100% self pay. I got all my payment information today and the woman at the doctor's office told me she would need to "run the insurance info through" for the hospital just so they have the denial info? huh? the LAST thing I want is for my insurance company to have any info on this surgery. I majorly understand the risks of any complications in the hospital and being responsible for the costs personally since I am paying for the initial surgery. I understand that risk and am willing to take it. I also understand that if I go home a few days or weeks later sometype of complication happens, that I should be able to run that through insurance and have it be covered (different medical coding). So with all this being said the LAST thing I want is for the insurance company to have any inkling of this surgery

Has anyone ever had this experience? I am very concerned now that she said that this morning and I cannot think of anything else...any insight would be appreciated.

Dianamar
on 3/5/19 6:58 pm - NY
Topic: Medicare requirements, and gastric sleeve

I'm new to this website, and have been surfing the internet for answers. First I'm 5'6", and weigh 270, with sleep apnea, and asthma. I've had knee arthroscopic surgery on both knees due to weight. My primary referred me to a bariatric surgeon that accepts Medicare, and he has sent the surgeon a letter of medical necessity for the surgery. I've read conflicting information with regards to the 6 months of medically supervised weight program. Can amyone answer if Medicare still requires this? I have my appointment with the surgeon next month, and I'm hoping I qualify for surgery. Any information would be so helpful! Thank you!

desertdancer
on 2/4/19 11:56 am
Topic: RE: Insurance says -one surgery per lifetime.

i have the same issue and would like to know if there is a way to fight this as well. I see you posted this quite some time ago, so i wanted to reach out to see if you had any advancement on this? Thanks in advance

signatureshort.jpg picture by desertdancer2008  

Most Active