Happy Sunday-Whats New?

Margo M.
on 4/2/11 10:26 pm - Elyria, OH
since no one started this thread...
hey! whats new?????

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

Margo M.
on 4/2/11 10:36 pm - Elyria, OH
has anyone ever studied dreams??? i had one of the absolute strangest dreams this morning...i had wakened early and it took way too long to get back to sleep-when i did; i had this strange strange dream...wont go into details...just -wow----

got up from that dream and came out to "the chair"...absolutely gorgeous sunrise....

i need to clean today--tomorrow starts school and the next 10 weeks will be brutal i think! so i need to make some headway here...the kitchen is my battleground today....
and i think a trip to walmart....

my back is sore- i have a chair that i bought a few months ago- a pretty little platform rocker-well it sits at an angle like the adirondack chairs do and i think that is why my back is killing me...we used to have lawn chairs like that and i would spend hours in them on camping weekends -so comfy when you're sitting in them by the campfire but murder on my back!!!!

well---have a great day!!!!
hugs and prayers

I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one hell of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult.
- E. B. White

susandoeshair
on 4/3/11 12:44 am - Alexander, AR
Good morning Margo and my OFF friends,

AHHHH, it's my Saturday. Still in jammies, drinking coffee and puttering around while Gary's drug testing his peeps. LOL....Peep's pee....oh dang, I crack myself up.

Well, I have a sticky family situation I want my friends' take on. My SIL, Gary's older sister, has a son who was born on my birthday. Don't you think that she would therefore remember mine?  I got a teary, whiney voice mail from her yesterday about how she hadn't forgotten my birthday, but money was tight and she'd make it up to me. Folks, my b'day was almost a week ago....hello?  She works for a mortgage company and her husband is an attorney. She makes handmade greeting cards, couldn't she just slap a stamp on one and put it in the mail? Couldn't she pick up the damn phone???

I NEVER forget any of their birthdays or Christmas. A card might be a day late, but it gets there. Not once in Brian's 21 years, or since I met his dad 30 years ago have either one thanked me for anything. Once, Bea sent my b'day gift SEVEN  months late. Why bother????
This is the same person who got all pissy because I forgot (really, I did forget) to tell her I was having plastics. Big blow up over that.  I had to grovel and kiss her you know what to get her over being angry about that. Hmmmm.

Okay, I've vented and ranted enough. Nothing's going to change, but I feel better getting it out. Love you guys for being here!!!

Susan

Candygirl
on 4/3/11 12:57 am - Somewhere in, NY
I'd still "remember" to send a card to the nephew, but would "completely forget" to send her one, and never mention it.  No gift, no card, no mention.  Ever.

Or, since they never thank you or mention your thoughtfulness, just "forget" all their birthdays.  It may just not be anything that they bother with.  My boys are like that.  I always send cards and/or call them.  It's seldom reciprocated, even though they know I appreciate being thought of.  I didn't raise them that way, it's just the way it is....

OR, you can just do what you've been doing and feel good knowing that you care enough to bother. 

I've given up (most of the time) on hoping people will act the way I want them to.  My head hurts from beating it against the same wall over and over.

Candy

susandoeshair
on 4/3/11 2:28 am - Alexander, AR
Now that I think of it, I guess I'm not much better than her since I haven't thanked you for sending me my b'day card. Humble pie being served for lunch....how many calories do you suppose??

Gary says the same thing....I expect people to act a certain way and when they don't, I don't take it well. Is there room for another head banger on that wall?  Maybe next to that comfy chair of yours?

Susan

Candygirl
on 4/3/11 2:50 am - Somewhere in, NY
No need to thank me for the card.  If I recall, I sent it late.  It'**** or miss with me.  Sometimes I remember to send one, sometimes I forget.  Depends on what's going on in my life at the time, I guess.  Doesn't mean I love anyone any less.  Just me, letting go of a lifetime of compulsions.  One by one....

Lots of room for another head banger.  I haven't damaged ALL the drywall yet.....

The chair will remain empty for a while today.  Headed back out to the garage.  All the free junk I put out by the road for the drive-by collectors is gone.  Need to replenish their supply.  And make more room for the good stuff I want to keep.

Have a good day.

Candy

Monica B.
on 4/3/11 2:41 pm - Emery, SD
MMMM, you hit a hot spot here. Hubby loves to send cards. At Christmas we sent cards and he filled them with $$$. I wasn't happy that he chose to send the amount sent..too much.
So each day he'd check the mail for a return card. Each day disappointment. I knew cards wouldn't come except from Sara & kids. But none from her either. Christmas calls to kids contained not so subtle remarks about no cards.
When we met at Disney in Jan, Sara brought the cards sent to the wrong address that were returned to her. He smiled.
So when it came time for sending a Bday card to Angus, he picked out a great musical card. Didn't put anything into it and sent it off. Funny, Angus called the day he got his card and thanked us, but you could hear the 600 lb gorilla in his voice, not Bday gift inside.

Monica B.
on 4/3/11 6:18 am - Emery, SD
The world revolves around this woman in her mind. Your world revolves around everyone. Pity her, you have her topped and we all know it.

Judy G.
on 4/6/11 1:14 am - Galion, OH

Susan...the other night Rick's mom stopped over with Anthony and we were talking and I was telling her about this recipe and and she saw the horoscope and wanted me to read hers...ok I did...never thought about it til a couple days later...OMG I said to Rick...we forgot your mom's birthday!!! He said when was it? I said March!!! He said Opps!!!! I said oh well....she couldn't get you a card but she did come over for dinner and cake and ice cream...I didn't even get a happy birthday out of her!!! BUT she DID get her son Joe a really nice gift and took him out for dinner and a movie and always Joe this and Joe that...blah blah blah....so do we feel bad?? NAH...just saying...whats good for the goose is good for the gander!!! What goes around comes around...maybe she will figure it out (Rick's mom) but I am not holding my breath....LOL

Sorry that you were forgotten!!!

HUGS

seasheleyes
on 4/3/11 4:20 am - Manteca, CA
Last year before I had my car accident I bought a zero gravity chair. It has been a godsend for my back. Whenever I have any pain that takes the pressure right off. I have it at school to lay in at lunchtime when my back is giving me extra trouble. I spent 3 months in it after my fall. Anyone having back problems might consider getting one of those.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views