time to count our blessings

poet_kelly
on 4/3/11 7:48 am - OH
I just think it's important to do this once in a while. For me it is, anyway.  Join in if you'd like.  Yesterday I was feeling kind of down about some things I don't have in my life that I really wish I did.  But I think that's always the case, right?  I mean, do we ever get EVERYTHING we'd like?  I doubt it.

But we all have blessings, nonetheless.  So here are mine:

1.  I am getting ready to have what I believe are life saving treatments that I really, really  need.  And my insurance pays for them!

2.  My mom and sister are being more supportive than they've ever been in my life, I think.

3.  My partner is incredibly supportive and has been for the two months I've been incredibly depressed.  I'd be sick of me by now - I am sick of me by now, but he does not appear to be.

4.  His car was not running right and we went to the garage we always used and it turned out something was just not conducted to the battery right and they fixed it in five minutes and did not even charge us a cent.  I love our mechanic.  I sent him a thank you card.

5.  I just did my taxes, which I was dreading, but found I owe significantly less money than I was thinking I would.  I can actually afford to pay the whole amount now.  I was afraid I'd have to do one of those payment plan things and get charged a fee for that plus interest.

6.  My cat, who had cancer, is in remission and doing very, very well.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 4/3/11 7:54 am
1. Hubby and I both have jobs with fairly good job security (even if we are teachers and apparantly to blame for the entire economic meltdown)

2. Hubby and I purchased a house that we could afford, with a logical interest scheme, and with such low interest that we can't even itemize our deductibles.

3. We have healthy cats who don't have any health issues whatsoever.

4. Hubby's kids are doing well and maturing into decent adults.

5. I have my health, and hopefully will soon be back at work.

6. I'm respected for what I do, and I'm very good at it.

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

poet_kelly
on 4/3/11 7:57 am - OH
Teachers are responsible for the economy?  Well, glad I know who to blame now.  Shame on you.  Please stop messing up the economy, now, OK?  (jking)

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Lady Lithia
on 4/3/11 8:09 am
We're the new scapegoats... it has NOTHING to do with Wall Street, and has everything to do with how highly us s****ucking leeches on society are paid. (cops and firefighters too)

Silly us.

SoulLips
on 4/3/11 9:33 am - Cloverdale, CA
Don't worry Lady Lithia... I work for the government (Child Protective Services)... we're to blame too!  Our Board of Supervisors is in negotiations with the Union right now... the BOS has proposed a pay cut of 15%-20% and a 10% reduction in work hours!  I'm happy to be in such good "s****ucking" company!  *smile*
Start weight: 306   Surgery weight: 282   Current weight 199.5

Lady Lithia
on 4/3/11 11:58 am

soldierzgirl36
on 4/3/11 7:54 am - WA
Glad to hear your cat is in remission, of course along with the other good things happening to you right now. I am a cat lover, I have 2. I am still in the depression mode, dont know when this will all stop. Tired of hurting, tired of being hungry etc. But I am thankful for my family and doctors, and that I had insurance to pay for this surgery that had put me in this wonderful depression, lol

SOLDIERZGIRL

melissa22886
on 4/3/11 7:58 am
your #6 stood out to me. so happy to hear a cat is in remission for cancer. i just lost my cat of 10 years who fought a hard battle with intestinal lymphoma and we had to put her down on 3/5/11.
poet_kelly
on 4/3/11 8:06 am - OH
Oh, I'm sorry for your loss.  I know my cat's cancer will likely come back within the year but it's in remission now and she's doing great.  We do not plan to try any other agressive treatment but we are glad we did the chemo this time.  We are just not quite ready to lose her.

Lady Lithia
on 4/3/11 8:13 am
Our oldest kitty has cancer too, but it's a very slow-progressing skin cancer that is often seen in cats with a significant amount of white fur (he's half orange tabby, half white).... the spots have grown about one millimeter a year for the last four.... I had a cat with the same condition before, and in his case he was about six when the spots became visible, twelve when they turned into sores, and 18 or so when old age (or the cancer?) did him in.

Here he is as a young gentleman cat:

Most Active
Recent Topics