Sorry...........Problem with Diaharra

Holly O.
on 9/3/11 7:27 am - FL
O.K. this has been going on for 2 weeks..........late evening......for about 2 hours non-stop, diaharra!!  I went back to school........I teach full time....high school...........but honestly my diet has changed at all.  Getting 85-90 g. protein daily and 80 oz. fluid.  I was reading about gastric bypass and they said diaharra isn't a side effect from ths type of surgery........article said it could be an infection maybe in the digestive track???  I don't know but I will call my dr. Tuesdy.  Just wondering if anyone else hadt this experience???  Thanks!!
   Holly                                      
Ladytazz
on 9/3/11 8:11 am
If this is a new problem and you can't identify and food that may be causing it then it may be a bug.  Are you having anyting with sugar alcohol in it?  I know that will cause problems with me.
Have you tried Immodium?

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

aanmarie
on 9/3/11 8:20 am - NY
I had this problem early out.My doc gave me medicine and it happened on and off a few times after that.They did check for ecoli and other bacteria but I didn't have them.Its annoying I know but give them a call.Im sure they can help.
Holly O.
on 9/3/11 8:33 am - FL
 I have used immodium............doesn't work!!  I do have sugar free popsyciles.........not going to have them for a few days and see if that works..........very frustrating!!  Thank god I am home from work ........... happens late evening!!  Sugar alchol is that in popsicles??
   Holly                                      
YankeeRose
on 9/3/11 8:53 am - Meadville, PA
I don't think SA's are in sf popsicles. Could you be developing lactose intolerance? Maybe try using Lactaid milk or soy milk and see if that helps. Sorry I don't have any other ideas. Good luck.

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

Holly O.
on 9/3/11 9:39 am - FL
It could be a milk intolerance..........  I got some Lactaid skim free milk today to put in coffee and tea.  So I'm trying to see if that s the culprit.  Ugg......always something............but on the flip side I feel great!!!
   Holly                                      
Dave Chambers
on 9/3/11 12:39 pm - Mira Loma, CA
Are you taking any antibiotics at this time?  Cipro causes the big D with me, and another poster noted that amoxicillan caused her issues.  My diet did not change at all, but the Cipro I got to prevent an infection from a bad cut caused me several days of misery. DAVE

Dave Chambers, 6'3" tall, 365 before RNY, 185 low, 200 currently. My profile page: product reviews, tips for your journey, hi protein snacks, hi potency delicious green tea, and personal web site.
                          Dave150OHcard_small_small.jpg 235x140card image by ragdolldude

rbb825
on 9/3/11 3:11 pm - Suffern, NY
some of these antibiotics can cause C Difficile - which causes severe diarhea but needs to be tested for via stool tests.  It isn't that common but it does happen.  It can get really bad

mickeypal
on 9/3/11 1:18 pm - Tell City, IN
I had this problem.  The doc gave me probiotics and took me off all dairy products.  Been fine ever since!
Surgery 3/1/2011

rbb825
on 9/3/11 3:09 pm - Suffern, NY
There are several possibilities - too much sugar or sugar alcohol - sugar alcohol is very often found in sugar free candies - make sure your read labels. Many of them even say on the label, limit your consumption because will cause a laxitive effect.  IT happened to me from sugar free jelly bellies.  Can also be lactose intolerance.  Try to either avoid dairy for 2 weeks or use lactaid pills/lactaid milk or soy milk and see if it helps. If so, then you know that is the problem.

Have you been on any antibiotics lately?  There is a rare side effect of some antibiotics called C difficile - you build up toxins in your digestive tract causing severe long term diarhea.  You need stool tests to test for this.  It needs to be treated with special antibiotics geared just for that - usually flagyl.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 268 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 280 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 279 views