12 days post op

helainy
on 1/9/12 9:58 am - MD

Had surgery 12 days ago and feeling great, I even when to the gym today and walked for 35 minutes at speed 3.00 it that ok or am i pushing my luck???????????????????. I dont wan't to over do it

poet_kelly
on 1/9/12 10:05 am - OH
Didn't your surgeon give you guidelines about activity and exercise?  If not, call the office in the morning and ask.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Keeves
on 1/9/12 10:10 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Be careful! The euphoria can be dangerous. Double check with your surgeon as soon as you can.

Pre-op I was going on my treadmill for 45 minutes at a time, at a 3% incline and 2.5 mph, barely sweating at all. A week post-op, my surgeon said I could go back to it, but for no more than 10 minutes a day, and then gradually increase it.

I was all psyched up to do 15 minutes at my usual 2.5 mph and I was surprised how difficult it was. I ended up being cautious, going for the prescribed ten minutes, and at only 2 mph. Obviously, you healed better than I did, and I'm happy you got such a workout. All I'm saying is to report back to your surgeon and check how HE feels!

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/12 12:17 pm - Canada
I'm not sure what 3.0 speed is like but my surgeon wanted me taking 2 15 min walks a day in early post op days. He wasn't saying a power walk, just get moving. So best to check in with your surgeon and ask him - I am finding on these boards that each surgeon seems to have his or her own way of doing things - Keep up the great work, glad recovery is going well for you !
jc75035
on 1/9/12 12:49 pm - TX
 I had surgery December 28 and did about 35 minutes on the treadmill today at 3.7. I feel great - the key is listen to your body and don't overdo it!!

Most Active
Recent Topics