for the Peanut Butter lovers

Keeves
on 1/18/12 4:17 am - Elizabeth, NJ
In the thread titled "Plain potatoes corn and dry roasted peanuts Good or bad??" (http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/rny/4492580/Plain-potatoes -corn-and-dry-roasted-peanuts-Good-or-bad/), Nik wrote: "Remember, however much protein peanuts have, they are primarily a source of FAT. Not bad fat, but fat nonetheless."

While this is very true of peanuts in general, I picked up my first jar of PB2 a few days ago, and it is FANTASTIC!

For those of you who are peanut butter lovers and haven't heard about it, they took almost all the fat out of these peanuts, and ground them into an instant peanut butter powder. All you do is mix two tablespoons of PB2 with one tablespoon of water, and in a few seconds you have a delicious peanut butter that I find indistinguishable from most natural peanut butters. (In other words, it is very slightly grainy, and not quite as smooth as the "creamy" peanut butter of any brand.)

BUT -- read the nutrition facts: The same 2 tbs standard serving has 5 grams protein, only 1.5 grams fat, and only 1 gram of sugar, for a total of 45 calories!

Compare to:
Skippy Creamy - 7 g protein, 16 g fat, 3 sugar, 190 calories
Skippy Reduced Fat Creamy - 7 g protein, 12 g fat, 4 sugar, 180 calories
Skippy Natural Creamy - 7 g protein, 16 g fat, 3 g sugar, 190 calories
Jif Creamy - 7 g protein, 16 g fat, 3 g sugar, 190 calories
Jif Reduced Fat Creamy - 7 g protein, 12 g fat, 4 g sugar, 190 calories
Jif "Simply Jif" (reduced sugar) Creamy - 8 g protein, 16 g fat, 2 g sugar, 190 calories
Jif Natural Creamy - 7 g protein, 16 g fat, 3 g sugar, 190 calories

Granted, PB2 has "only" 70% of the protein, but it has only 10% of the fat, and a lot less sugar, and only 25% of the calories!

More information is available at their website: www.bellplantation.com
You can easily find stores near you which sell it, at www.bellplantation.com/locator/index.php

By the way: The price online is $15.96 for a pack of four. By going to the store, I was able to buy a single jar for $3.99.

Blondie76
on 1/18/12 4:31 am - AL
Thanks for the info! What store did you buy it at? I've only seen it on Amazon. Think after your post I'm going to have to try it!!
Keeves
on 1/18/12 5:20 am - Elizabeth, NJ
Their website has a store locator at www.bellplantation.com/locator/index.php

There's one in Montgomery AL, and also in Floriday, in Pensacola and Panama City. Good luck!

Brenda C.
on 1/18/12 4:36 am
PB2 can be found in many stores, I have even seen it at Walmart.  If you get a chance, look for Peanut Flour!!!  I make baked goods, and SHAKES with peanut flour.  I used to get it at Trader Joes, but now have to go to glutten free & health food sections to find it.

Brenda : )~
Blondie76
on 1/18/12 5:05 am - AL
Thanks Brenda....I'll give our health food store a call!
Seht
on 1/18/12 5:07 am
You can buy it directly from the source.

Bell plantation
http://www.bellplantation.com/

The first time you do something - It's going to be a personal record!

Cleopatra_Nik
on 1/18/12 4:59 am - Baltimore, MD
Oh yeah...me and PB2 have a thang going on. But my statement still stands PEANUTS are primarily a source of fat. Peanut flour...not so much.

Glad you like it!!!
(deactivated member)
on 1/18/12 5:10 am
 Thank you so much for this post. Very informative. 

I am certainly going to give this a try. I don't eat much peanut butter. But I sure do like it 
every now and then. 

Keeves
on 1/18/12 5:23 am - Elizabeth, NJ
I just tried their store locator, and now I see that you get many more results if you enter a specific city or state, rather than just browsing that map.

exohexoh
on 1/18/12 6:52 am - West Chester, PA
 i tried to like it. i really did. but it just didn't do it for me. i had the majority of a jar go to waste.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

Recent Topics