Officially too Fat to Function... sick of this

Sherrie P.
on 8/19/12 6:59 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
Hi all. Just got back from our family vacation -- missed the forum ;-)

I had a string of fat disasters...and my friends here are the only ones I can vent this nonsense to.

I am still pre-op Sep14th (yay) and I know that things will change, but listen to what happened on my vacation...

We went on a cruise and our first stop was Key West.  We booked a catamaran dolphin watch/snorkle.  It was a four hour tour.  When it was time to snorkle, I almost stayed in the boat, but I thought, no... you have done this before and you don't want to miss this time with your kids.

So first off, I was the fattest person there of course.  That is just usually a given.  My husband is big, but he comes across as a big guy - not like me just a fat chick.  Well I jump in the water and make such a ridiculous splash my stupid mask flies off. I get that all settled and managed to have a good time snorkling.  At least when I am in the water I don't feel like everyone is staring at my ugly fat legs. 

It is time to get back in the boat and it is one of those dangly ladders and I not strong enough to pull my fat a$$ out of the water.  I was afraid I was going to have trouble and sure enough I did and fell back in the ocean.  The guide and everyone else was being nice and encouraging but it was crazy embarrassing.  So after the third friggin try with people hauling me up I made it out of the boat.

Then on the walk back it was 97 degrees and a zillion percent humidity, I managed to rub myself raw at my bathing suit line.  I had no cream or anything.  I finally found a $5 bottle of baby powder at the gift shop.  Thank God for that.

Then, as if my day weren't bad enough, after dinner, I FELL UP THE DINING ROOM STAIRS!!!  I banged my left knee and it is still black and blue, cut it open and sent my drink flying.  Oh Lord, fat girl down... so I scrambled to my feet and practically RAN around the corner so no one would see me wallowing on the floor.  I had some Vicodin with me, because I had the Essure last week - thank goodness. 

The next day it was off to the Bahamas.  So I drugged up and headed out.  We went to Atlantis and were scheduled to play in the water park all day. 

I hate hate hate hate water rides.  However, they had this river ride and the family convinced me to get in this tube (which I feel like I am falling out of) and float down the river.  Well, this river was not LAZY, in fact - it was a rapids ride.  Sure enough, after about 30 seconds in the water we hit a rapid and I kid you not, I flipped over, fell off the tube and was swept down the rapids.  I got over to the side and banged the other knee on a rock that was jutting out.  So now that knee is bleeding and the entire place is staring at me. 

So after that I parked it in a lounge chair and did not move until it was time to go.

Then, the last night we were at the comedy show...and the comedian starts making fat chick jokes! Really... grr ... my skin starts crawling as all these eyes of skinny twenty year olds start staring at me.  Ugh.  Ugh.  Ugh.

Then on the way home, we took the long way to Turner Field and watched the Dodgers beat the crap out of the Braves last night.  I barely fit in the seat. It was awful.  I was squeezed in so tight the circulation was practically cut off and my ankles quadrupled in size.  I never have trouble with foot swelling!  My ankles were so swollen my socks hurt and I could barely walk.

So, thanks for listening. I am sure I am not alone in my embarrassing fat moments -- but for whatever reason it makes me feel better to share.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

stlfocus
on 8/19/12 7:06 pm - IA
I am so so sorry you had all these issues.  I am sure each and every one of us on this forum can identify with one thing or another you experienced. It sucks.

But, the good news is you are on your way to a new life on September 14th.  That is close to my one-year anniversay (9-19), and my life has changed in so many ways.  I never realized how nice it was to feel normal.  I just feel normal, and that is a wonderful place to be.

Good luck.  Soon all these problems will be in the past!

bugsmommy
on 8/19/12 7:09 pm
(((Hugs)))

Sorry you had a rough vacation! Just think about it, this time next year you wont have those issues.

Cherie

a_dmond_n_the_ruff
on 8/19/12 7:16 pm
RNY on 09/17/12
This is THE last vacation you will have to feel like that.  I get it.  I always want to go places that involve water(because I love it) but I always try to plan our vacations away from somewhere I'll have to wear a bathing suit.  I'm sorry you had such a bad time. 

Shannon
Cleopatra_Nik
on 8/19/12 7:27 pm - Baltimore, MD
Oh no...

Well like Shannon said this is the last "fat vacation." I tell you the last vacation I took as an obese person was years ago to Disney when my kids were little. I look at the pictures and literally cringe remembering some of the indignities I had to face on that trip. From the airplane belt not fitting to not being able to ride some of the rides. Sigh...not a great trip.

If I ever dig myself out of this financial hole we'll go back and I'm going to allow myself to be a total kid.

I hope you get a vacation like that too. And kudos to you for coping through it and talking about it here.

I'm glad to have you on this forum.
happy_baker
on 8/19/12 7:27 pm, edited 8/19/12 12:28 am
RNY on 02/15/12
Oh no, that sounds like such an awful time.

All I can do is echo everyone else--you've made the decision to have RnY, and by this time next year, these issues won't be plaguing you anymore. :D Good luck, and keep your head up!
_._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. _._._._._. 
Check out my video blog!  www.youtube.com/user/HappilyShrinking/videos
Highest weight: 269.  Surgery weight: 233.  Goal weight: 144, and then we'll see.. 
OH2012
on 8/19/12 7:31 pm - OH
I hear you.

I'm sorry that this was your experience.

Will these be events that propel you along in victory? I certainly hope so.

Better days await you.

Best Wishes.

Sherrie P.
on 8/19/12 7:33 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Thanks for the kinds words.

I have tried not to let my size get me down.  I vacation around my weight mostly.  This time, well...

I actually had a great time overall.  It is sad really that I am "used to" stuff like this.  I have been big since birth -- so it certainly isn't foreign to me.

It was just frustrating to have several instances all in one stupid week.

I have RNY on 9-14 and we are going to Cancun on 1-23... so hopefull I will be down some LBS!!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

karenp8
on 8/19/12 7:47 pm - Brighton, IL
I can relate to everything you say here and that is the biggest reason I am having this surgery on the 29th of this month. I am tired of holding my family back and causing all of us to miss out on fun. At least you were brave enough to get out there and go with your family, I have gotten to the point where I just want to stay at home. I feel like I have lost my life and I plan to take it right back better than ever before. You and I will both be there having fun next summer instead of suffering. I can't wait!! 
Sherrie P.
on 8/20/12 5:26 pm
RNY on 02/06/13
Wooo Hooo we CAN do this!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 164 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 248 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 261 views