NSV-I think I shocked them

CindyKae64
on 1/4/13 12:28 am
RNY on 05/22/12

The last photo of myself on Facebook was taken over 4 years ago at my daughter's wedding, usually put up a baby pic of myself or typically my main photo on my page is my granddaughter. Well last night I had my hubby take a new photo of me (my current avatar) and I posted it as my profile picture. Well the response was overwhelming! I live in a small town, but since I work 24 miles away I rarely go down to the store where people see me, so most of the community did not know I had been losing weight, well the do now and they now know that I had WLS because when one lady asked me how I was doing it, I was honest. Before surgery I didn't tell anyone except my hubby and kids, but since surgery I have been very forthcoming about my WLS. I have not had any negative responses to date! Funny thing too is that two of the first ladies to respond have also had WLS a few years before me, they are maintaining, doing great, and are very encouraging!!

Cindy

It will hurt. It will take time. It will require dedication. It will require willpower. It requires sacrifice. There will be temptation. But, I promise you, when you reach your goal, it's WORTH IT! (Author Unknown). I feel this sums up my ongoing journey to a healthier me!

RubyRoo
on 1/4/13 12:46 am - Canada

That has to be a great feeling!!! YAY!!! angry

HW: 294   Pre-Op W: 273  SW: 265

Surgery on: January 10, 2013 With Dr. L Klein at HRRH

Oxford Comma Hag
on 1/4/13 1:12 am
Right on, Cindy! Congrats

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

Cindyagogo
on 1/4/13 2:16 am
RNY on 02/21/12

woohoo!

kc82
on 1/4/13 2:19 am - MI
VSG on 05/28/13

Congrats! That must have been an awesome feeling!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 204 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 257 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 265 views