olive garden

yary500
on 4/19/13 7:38 am
RNY on 03/14/13
Ok friends i need your help. My husband invited me out to olive garden but in not sure what to order. Im 5 weeks post-op i can eat anything at this point as tolerated. So plz any suggestions from d experts jejeje
Ps. Plz no kids menu suggestions. Thank u
Pittsteelers
on 4/19/13 7:41 am - PA
RNY on 08/06/12
I am 8 months out and have a hard time finding something to eat at Olive Garden, too much pasta!!! I would just get some grilled shrimp and the minestrone soup.

Kat1313
on 4/19/13 8:52 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13

They have chicken, salmon, shrimp entrees without a lot of sauce and pasta, as well as shrimp appetizer that might be about the right size.

daubbermom
on 4/19/13 10:42 am - OH
RNY on 01/28/13

Minestrone soup, salad(they have fat-tree dressing)(very good), no breadsticks, mixed grill.

yippeex8
on 4/19/13 2:07 pm - Jenison, MI

Ask if they have a gluten free menu. Online, they show quite a few non-pasta options. Personally, I'd get the children's meal from that menu, Grilled chicken. It comes with broccoli and grilled veggies.

honestlinzel
on 4/19/13 5:24 pm - CA

They actually have a lower calorie area on the menu now also! You can probably get any of their fish or shrimp, or even chicken stuff, without pasta.

I have no idea you are not going to eat their salad and bread sticks though. ./dies

RNY Surgery was on 4/12/2013. Now currently on the Never hungry ever bench

Starting weight: 320lbs

Current Weight:  203lbs

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 4/19/13 6:22 pm, edited 4/19/13 6:23 pm - IN

When i go out i order what i want but eat for my pouch. If l ordered something with pasta, i would make sure it had protein on it and  mainly eat the protein off of it.  I would stay away from the bread and enjoy some soup as well. i have gotten so much better at eating in social situations. I look as if I am eating like everyone else. But i really focus on the atmosphere and conversation and i just pick, pick, pick at my food while everyone else is shoveling it in.  90% of what I order ends up in a to go box.

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
FinallyFit1
on 4/19/13 10:15 pm

Sonya your advice sounds very sound, but my problem when going out is I started to "shovel" it in also.  If I am talking and interacting with others I tend to forget to chew chew chew my food. I end up cleaning my plate and not even remember what the food tastes like.   Does anyone else have this problem??

sugarbabyhoneypump
kin

on 4/19/13 11:50 pm - IN

It takes practice. I make a concerted effort to feel my pouch in those situations. i have become adept at pacing myself and looking at what started out on my plate vs what is left. Since i am eating along with everyone else, i don't feel deprived. lf I could not handle it without losing my mind, i definitely wouldn't try. You have to know your own triggers.  Rich foods tend to satisfy me very quickly now.  So  a few bites stretched over an hour at the table with company and conversation is enough for me. Yet, I could eat my weight in apple slices or oranges  and things like that if I am not careful.

~~Sonya~~
(Roux-en-y 07/05/2012) Heighest Weight/Surgery Day Weight 240lbs     
Hollie313
on 4/19/13 11:26 pm - MI
RNY on 05/09/12

I was safe with the Apricot Chicken....although this reply may be too late.  ;)

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 62 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views