Snack Ideas

denaraye
on 8/15/13 6:27 am - MI

Okay, I am not going to lie.  Work is extremely slow right now and I am bored.  Bored for me equals grazing tendencies - I know it is easy for many to say do this or do that instead of eating but if I am being honest that is not likely to happen.  What I can do is change what it is I am munching on for the moment.  School starts again in mid September and work will again pick up around this time also.  Therefore, as I know my "habit" is not going to change itself in the next four weeks - but I do NOT want to ruin my progress - I am seeking advice on better things to snack on then ranch flavored doritos.

Snack ideas have to be easy and travel well (as I am work 10 hours a day).  I also do a lot of reading while at work and tend to munch without really realizing how much I have eaten because I am not paying attention to the food - but the material.  I KNOW that this "habit" needs to be broken in the long run.  And maybe if BEFORE munching I take time to write in a journal or something it will help redirect my attention - but for those times I do reach for something - I am open to your ideas. 

Thanks!

I am no longer defined, by the wreckage behind!

angeleigh
on 8/15/13 6:49 am, edited 8/15/13 6:49 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

How far post op are you?

I know when I work over night shifts I take a bag of popcorn, with parm cheese, garlic and sea salt on it. I do the simply salted ones and it is so good with out being a ton of mindless calories.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

denaraye
on 8/15/13 6:50 am - MI

I am 11 months out and I do love popcorn...

angeleigh
on 8/15/13 6:53 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Ya at 11 months popcorn is my safe snack for long boring shifts. It doesnt take much to fill me up but it works the best to keep me from eating 1000 calories while not really eating anything. I also do beef jerky sometimes for the protein, or PB on apple slices..

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Neaucora
on 8/15/13 8:57 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12

bubble gum.   I can now blow some really big bubbles. lol

or popcorn. I pop mine in olive oil and sprinkle on nutritional yeast and sea salt. Awesome.

jamienichols22
on 8/15/13 2:19 pm - MI

There is a website www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com she has really good ideas!  Also you can go to better homes and garden's website and they have a healthy section with quick easy things that are good and they give the nutritional info on them as well :) hope this helps

VintageChick
on 8/15/13 7:02 pm

I like the chili flavored pea protein snack chips from Simply Protein. I order online. I also like the EPIC bars - bison is my favorite. Also found online. 

Regardless of what you choose for snacking, if you keep it limited to a single serving size, pre-packaged or measured into a ziplock, maybe it will help keep your portion in control if you tend to graze or boredom binge. Personally, I like to keep sugar-free spearmint or peppermint breath mints on hand. They last a while and the strong flavors help keep me from wanting something else. 

lap RNY 5-15-13

denaraye
on 8/15/13 9:25 pm - MI

Thank you everyone - these are some great ideas that I am going to try!  I bought some popcorn last night, cut up some cucumber and I even baked some boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders.  Today we start again! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 244 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 313 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 271 views