What's on the menu today, RNYers?

Dcgirl
on 5/7/14 11:26 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi, regulars and newbies!  WOW so much to comment on already!  Pam, you are obviously a better wife than I will ever be!  First of all, I am not making anyone homemade biscuits when I can't have 'em lol.  And especially not at 2 am!  I was also awake then - got up at 12:30 am Eastern time (since I am in London) and that's when my day started.  It's gonna be a long one.  Already logged five hours in the office and now I am at the United lounge in Heathrow waiting for my flight.  All sorts of free food - carbs, carbs, carbs.  I mean, spring rolls, samosas, bread.  All the cheap stuff.  I am sitting here with my 24 oz blender bottle filled with water.  It felt SO good to hand over my 50 lb bag at the check-in desk, let me tell you!

Anny, 17,000 steps WOO HOO!  I mean, I could see if you were spending the day in Paris but that was just exercising and working?  That's amazing.  Hope you have a great day off and enjoy your friends!

Sara, lol@Wendy's!  Hey, if your craving is a salad with chicken on it, go for it!

I know I get notes that people love this "What are you eating post" and conversely, I imagine there are people who find it annoying or repetitive.  But I continue to love it :)  I love seeing what you guys are up to.  AND, it's 2 pm here and I didn't even think of vitamins until I came to the post.  I know, I know...set an alarm, get your **** together...I deserve whatever you say to me!  I have to be better when I am off routine.  At home/work I have the box right in the family room and at my desk so I never forget, but traveling has been challenging.

But I digress...here is my menu:

B: Premier Protein shake (I brought 5 over and today was the last one...drinking it is probably why my bag squeaked by at 50.2 lbs and not more! Ha!)

L: I went to the Marks and Spencer grocery store next to our office on Oxford St.  They have all of these prepared foods.  I got a prawns with sweet chili sauce and a chicken satay with peanut sauce.  I ate all of the prawns (110 calories) and half of the chicken (100 calories).  Remember, servings are NORMAL here.  Honestly everything I have bought or been served has been half the size or LESS than an American portion.  Not that I am blaming anyone else for my obesity but man, our portions are out of whack.

D: I have to scrounge something up in the airport since I am sure the plane food will not be WLS-friendly

V: Just took first set

W: I am on ounce 60 now...I will really hydrate today because of the 8.5 hour plane ride

E: None planned but I am at 5,000 steps and I have to get to gate 249 (god knows where that is) and also walk through Dulles at the other end, so hey, not bad.

Tomorrow I start a super intense package of personal training sessions.  3x a week for 50 minutes a session with a master trainer, for 2 months.  The goal is weight loss.  I am slightly scared, but very excited.  My first one is tomorrow at 12:30.  I hope I don't keel over!  Ha!  Will have to figure out how to adjust calories because I can't just have 150 calories of protein shake in me and do intense training for 50 minutes.  BTW, based on the cost, I better drop like 1,000 lbs...just sayin'...

Sorry for the long post - guess I should go kill time elsewhere here at the airport.  Have an awesome day, everyone.  Em

(deactivated member)
on 5/7/14 11:44 pm, edited 5/7/14 11:52 pm

Glad you are on your way home from England have a safe flight.

I was up at 7.I think a nap may be in order today. It is a dreary day.The weather I am going to pull my head out of my ass and get moving

Vitamins got the morning ones in.Drinking 32 oz of water first than I am going to eat.

B:Poached eggs 

L:Crab legs I think

D:I am hoping for steak

In this country portions are huge.I was watching a commercial for cereal and there was a little boy fixing it himself.Well the bowl was huge and he put at least two cups of cereal in.I know I am reading way too much into this but it was way over a serving.It seems like more is better in this country.

My parents when they talk about eating out they love when they get huge portions I don't mind but it's not why I am going to go to a restaurant.I like having a few meals from one.

Cunning_Pam
on 5/8/14 2:34 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Hi 3BH! Crab legs sound awesome, I may have to go out and get me some now! Yum!

Good for you for getting the water in before eating. I need to switch my water drinking up a little bit, I find that I'm not drinking too much in the morning, so that come afternoon I realize that I'm behind a bit and step it up through the afternoon and evening. I don't have a problem getting plenty in, but I'd like to even it out a little bit so there's more available for my body to use throughout more of the day.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

AnnyBananny
on 5/8/14 1:09 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ok, this personal training package sounds TERR-I-FYING Emily! I've been rocking the gym, but I'm still totally scared/self conscious about working with a trainer. I think I'm going to tackle water aerobics and then I'll work on getting over my fear of a trainer and be inspired by you and Pam!

I totally felt like my FitBit was lying yesterday, I don't know how I got 17,000 steps in - but even if it was lying, I know I'm WAY more active now than basically any time in my adult life, so I'm ok with it. The FitBit keeps me accountable to myself, even if it isn't 100% accurate.

Also, I would like to magically be transported to Paris please.

Safe trip home! 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dodgergirl27
on 5/8/14 2:09 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Sounds like you had a great trip Emily.  Your new personal training package sounds awesome and I'm sure you'll get great results.  If the focus is weight loss I'm sure we'd all love to hear the types of exercises the trainer has you doing.  I'll be curious to see if it's HIIT based or cardio intensive.  Anything to get that toning and see the scale move down faster, right :)  I'm house sitting for my parents right now so I haven't weighed myself since Monday and I won't step on the scale again until Sat.  It's driving me a little nuts, I like the accountability the scale gives me every day.  Have a great trip back and good luck at the training tomorrow!

Cunning_Pam
on 5/8/14 2:31 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Emily, 3 personal training sessions a week? For 2 months?? Oh my goodness, now that is commitment!

I have to admit, I did take one teeny bite of one biscuit. And it was as wonderful as I thought it would be. But tasting it actually made it better, because I didn't have to sit and imagine it and get myself worked up over it. Also, I was smart, if I do say so myself: I cut the recipe way, way down and only made two biscuits. No leftovers to tempt me!

That's a good point about portion sizes being so different. I know that in America we feel that bigger is (almost always) better, and that our portions are enormous. Many people judge the quality of a restaurant based on the quantity of the food served, it seems. But after surgery restaurant food now equals two to four meals, so it's easy to see how out of whack the portion sizes have gotten. Do they post nutritional information on food labels like we do here? Which I guess wouldn't apply to prepared foods, but it's just a random thought.

About the supplements, get yourself some pill boxes, silly! It's so easy to break out a big old box once a week and fill up seven little containers and then stuff them in my medicine chest. Every day I grab one and keep it with me, either on my desk or in my purse, and when my phone alarm goes off they're right there for me to take. It's the only way I could have gotten to the point where I get all my supplements in every day now.

Enjoy your flight (hard to do, I know!) and a preliminary welcome back home! I'm sure it will feel great after having been away for so long.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

ReginaPhelange
on 5/8/14 1:59 am
RNY on 02/24/14

My Food Diary For:

10 weeks 3 days post op 47.9 lbs down. I don’t know what is wrong with me but I been skipping vitamins left and right. I got to work today and realized I left them all at home. I need to fix that! Happy Thursday Everyone

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Breakfast

Calories

Carbs

Fat

Protein

Sugar

Beneprotien - Protien, 3 scoop

Dannon Light & Fit Greek Blends - Key Lime, 5.3 oz. (150g)

Lunch

Dickey's Bbq - Pulled Pork, 2 ounces

I am going to a luncheon I know we are have BBQ

So I am guesstimating what it is and what I will have

I will update this after lunch

Dinner

Costco - Ground Beef (90% /10%), 3 oz

Eggs - Fried (whole egg), 1 large

Kraft - Cheese - Shredded, 1/8 cup

Totals

Your Daily Goal

Remaining

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

AnnyBananny
on 5/8/14 2:13 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

I was just thinking yesterday that I might bring a small "emergency" stash of my vitamins into work so I have them for days I've forgotten.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

ReginaPhelange
on 5/8/14 3:18 am
RNY on 02/24/14

That is a brilliant Idea!!

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

Cunning_Pam
on 5/8/14 2:42 am
RNY on 12/18/13

Hi Regina! Good to see you posting here. Having to guesstimate is hard sometimes, but I like how tracking my food and posting here makes me really have to think and make decisions about what I'm going to eat. I always try to guess to the high side when I can't get a very specific set of nutrition information for a food, because sometimes you just never know what's in a sauce or dressing and how that effects the numbers.

Good for you for making a luncheon fit into your plan!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 252 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 267 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 272 views