Am I To Hopeful?

iHeartTeas
on 5/14/14 10:12 am

I don't have a date yet but I am sailing through my appointments required prior to surgery clearance and I keep thinking if this is really happening?  Will I being the market for new cute clothes?  Is it too early to even look?

What did you all do?  Thanks :)

BiggieSmalls
on 5/14/14 11:43 am

Sometimes for people it goes really well and very easy so keep thinking positive thoughts and hopefully you won't hit any road bumps. I am 2.5 months out and just now having to get new clothes since all my old and saved small clothes don't fit. You will find that a lot of your original clothes just start to fit better in the beginning too! Good luck with everything!

HW: 278 SW: 273  CW: 198 GW: 170 surgery 3/3/14  bypass 

2bTinkerbell
on 5/14/14 11:46 am - PA

I am 6 weeks post-op & have been looking at new cute clothes for a while now. I have been using Pinterest as my "shopping" cart. It doesn't hurt to look & dream about what you will be wearing when you hit your goal. I'm already down a total of 44lbs since I started the whole process, 31 since my surgery. I don't plan to shop until my clothes start falling off. Then I'm hitting Goodwill for cheap stuff until I reach my goal weight.

The time will fly, & you will be having surgery in no time..Good luck, & happy shopping!

iHeartTeas
on 5/14/14 11:53 am

Thanks everyone.  I suppose I was afraid to look.  I don't want to buy since I don't know where I will be and in what season I will be in when I hit various weights.  Still I have been avoiding looking at things not wanting to get my hopes up.  However, I thought with this situation perhaps protocol was different and I should feel like to could at least look without feeling as if I were headed for disappointment as I have been so many times before. 

Bubbles314
on 5/14/14 12:10 pm - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

I am in the same position your in.  I first saw my Dr in March, they made my next appt for June 5.  In these months I have had quite a few appts.

My Dr has a check list of things that need to be done between appts.  i hope since I have done what I can on his list he sets the date for my RNY and I can have my last few Dr appts and some lab tests and then surgery.  I am just so ready for a change that feels right.

mimiof2wins
on 5/14/14 12:38 pm - CA
RNY on 01/16/14

I am four months out and have changed sizes 4 times.  I don't want to spend a lot of money on something I might wear for 1 month. I went to my neighborhood Goodwill and found nothing. So I go to Ross and Kohls and try to find inexpensive things to get me by.  I am a school secretary so I can't be too sloppy. I get along with two pair of pants and 3-4 tops. Until I reach my goal weight, I won't do any major shopping.  However, I have bought several pairs of cute sandals. LOL

Professor Sonja!!!!
on 5/14/14 2:12 pm - Miami, FL
RNY on 08/15/12

When I was first losing weight I bought 3 pairs of work pants each time I dropped a couple of sizes--one black, one grey, one khaki.  I'm a professor so I had to dress nice.  I would buy the pants kind of tight and then wear them until they were loose.  

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want an invite? PM me here.

martitalinda
on 5/14/14 10:09 pm

It is happening!!! Congrats ... before you know it you will be there .... awesome health first and foremost IMO and cute clothes an amazing bonus too... Once I made my mind up and the insurance papers were submitted by my surgeon's office I had a date in less than two weeks ... and I freaked out LOL ... up until the morning of the surgery I had periods of fear and excitement and butterflies and wonder.... so I occupied the time sewing and getting awesome duds that could not even fit over my knees and legs ... but I promised myself I would get into them one day .... and I did and do ... but that is the least of my NSVs ... the best NSVs for me are being able to climb stairs and run and swim and not getting winded ... and my energy levels as an old fart that I am today are better than when I was at my prime ... go figure.... you have sooooooooooooo much to look forward to and to start doing even now ... so nope ... IMO it is not too early to even look..... Best wishes on your journey!!!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

autumnsiggy2RNY 2/5/07 no regain having implemented lifestyle changes....

iHeartTeas
on 5/15/14 4:08 am

Thank you so much. :)

Ocalasam
on 5/14/14 10:24 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

Definitely don't buy anything yet, and I wouldn't even look . . . you may be surprised that your "style" will change once you have so many different shopping options.  Do consignment shops or Target until you get close to your goal weight, or you will spend a fortune.  Save your money, because once you get to your goal weight, you will have to replace EVERYTHING - shoes, underwear, bras, pajamas, it's really everything except socks!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 54 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 243 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 258 views