Kaiser Options Program - Worth The Wait? What Can I do?

onlysunnydaysahead
on 8/4/14 7:27 am
RNY on 05/12/15

OK So when I went to orientation for the options program, I asked specifically when the next classes I could sign up for would be. The lady said She has 2 Classes starting in August. I got my labs and approval for program appointment done with the quickness. I wanted to be sure I wouldn't miss out. My Iron came back a little funky so they called me and on the phone I asked when I would get to enroll for the classes. She said Monday or Tuesday. Of coarse I am rearing to get the ball rolling and when I called today to make sure that all my labs were in and try to enroll, they told me it would be 2-4 weeks before I got a call for classes and that they are scheduling into October at this point. Is there anything I can do to get these buns in classes sooner? Are you aware of how I can spark a fire and get started? Does this really take a year or longer? Now I am really not ready to start trying to loose the weight and stop the minimal smoking yet. I feel like I have been lied to. I was under the impression this would take 6-8 months. Not 68 months! Any advice? 

~Only Sunny Days Ahead~

molly3613
on 8/4/14 7:46 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Did you say you are NOT ready to start trying to lose the weight and stop the minimal smoking?  So you are NOT READY?

onlysunnydaysahead
on 8/4/14 7:53 am
RNY on 05/12/15

Yes, That is what I said. I am a consistent yo yo dieter. I hardly smoke. The stress of the inadequate and misinformation is driving me into a slump. I thought that this time I would be working for something that I wont mess up on. If you are here than you know food issues and how thing affect your mood which in turn affects what you put in your mouth. I was asking how to speed up the process if possible so I feel like I am working toward an attainable goal. I would like to get started already.The yo yo info is as reliable as a yo yo diet. Thanks for the criticism tho. Peachy. 

~Only Sunny Days Ahead~

molly3613
on 8/4/14 8:00 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

That was not criticism.  That was just a question.  I don't have your insurance so I dont know how to speed them up.  Mine took 5 months from first phone call to going home from the hospital.  

onlysunnydaysahead
on 8/4/14 8:23 am, edited 8/4/14 8:23 am
RNY on 05/12/15

Actually it was more so a statement. Easy to pick that up by the uppercase wording. And thanks I guess, for just wanting to post and not really reading. I thought this was a site for support and shared experiences. Sheesh. :( And It says my question right at the top. IDK but I am pretty sure you were just trying to make me feel bad. 

Oxford Comma Hag
on 8/4/14 9:22 am

If you are this thin skinned now, you will be a peach after surgery during hormone dumping. THAT was criticism. See the difference?

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

molly3613
on 8/4/14 10:03 am - TX
RNY on 01/24/13

Thanks Rosy! I really meant it as a question to clarify things.  Thanks again!

CerealKiller Kat71
on 8/4/14 11:20 am
RNY on 12/31/13
On August 4, 2014 at 2:53 PM Pacific Time, onlysunnydaysahead wrote:

Yes, That is what I said. I am a consistent yo yo dieter. I hardly smoke. The stress of the inadequate and misinformation is driving me into a slump. I thought that this time I would be working for something that I wont mess up on. If you are here than you know food issues and how thing affect your mood which in turn affects what you put in your mouth. I was asking how to speed up the process if possible so I feel like I am working toward an attainable goal. I would like to get started already.The yo yo info is as reliable as a yo yo diet. Thanks for the criticism tho. Peachy. 

Really uncalled for response to a perfectly reasonable question.  Is there a reason you are so angry?  

Just because you aren't getting to surgery as fast as you expected doesn't make your goal unattainable.  Delayed gratification is a key component to success in  the long term -- even with weight loss surgery.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

onlysunnydaysahead
on 8/4/14 11:47 am
RNY on 05/12/15

The question was about starting classes. 

~Only Sunny Days Ahead~

poet_kelly
on 8/4/14 12:09 pm - OH

You stated in your original post that you are not ready.  I think the person responding to your post was asking a legitimate question.  I thought she wanted to make sure she understood what you said correctly.  It does seem confusing for you to say you want to speed up the process but also that you are not ready.  Those things seem contradictory.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 253 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 274 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 440 views