What's on your menu today, RNYers? Tuesday!

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 12:17 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Yay, Susan!  That is an awesome NSV :)  Sounds like your menu is planned out well and you have some good activity planned.  I am glad you enjoyed your weekend with your daughter visiting.  How fun to be able to go out shopping together and shop in the same stores :)

Kirstin S.
on 9/30/14 12:07 am - CT

You look AMAZING DCgirl!!!

Highest weight: 296- Consult weight: 292- Surgeons goal: 167- My goal: 145 Hight 5'5. Had RNY on 8/11/14

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 12:21 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Thanks, Kirstin!  I definitely see SUCH a difference.  I just found a pic from the wedding last Oct when I last saw my extended family and it speaks VOLUMES - now I see why people are exclaiming how different I look.  Jesus, I didn't think I looked that bad but I feel like my body was about to bust out of my skin!  What an eye-opener to compare!

karenp8
on 9/30/14 12:42 am - Brighton, IL

Wow! That's all I can say!

Kirstin S.
on 9/30/14 12:44 am - CT

Holy hell! What an incredible transformation, you should be extremely proud!

I know that feeling, I didn't think I looked too bad when I was at my heaviest, now I look at pictures and feel shocked that I was ever that big. I never truly realized how big I was. Anyway, you look gorgeous and are always an awesome inspiration for me. 

Highest weight: 296- Consult weight: 292- Surgeons goal: 167- My goal: 145 Hight 5'5. Had RNY on 8/11/14

(deactivated member)
on 9/30/14 12:47 am

You look ten years younger.

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 12:53 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

LOL thanks!  And I act young so people often don't think I am my age ha ha.  I do feel good. I swear, I never saw myself the way I look in my before picture.  Crazy.

Oh and one cousin told me they needed a magnifying glass to see me.  Mind you, I am a size 14.  But when I see my "before" pic, I see why they say such dramatic things!

AngryViking
on 9/30/14 12:31 am, edited 9/30/14 1:42 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Looking good, Em!  You're a superstar!  Nothing too exciting on my menu front today, but last night at dinner I had a Morningstar Farms Mediterranean Chickpea burger with some feta and sliced tomato and Skinnytaste's zucchini tots on the side.  That may have been my favorite thing ever since the surgery.  LOL  So much flavor and yumminess.  Even my son and husband liked it, although they had their burgers on sandwich thins.  That's going in the rotation for a quick and easy weeknight dinner fo sho.

B:  coffee and L&F Greek in strawberry cheesecake

L:  A couple of leftover zucchini tots (yum) and 1/2 c. tortellini salad with turkey pepperoni and cheddar

D:  1/2 c. cheeseburger mac and sugar snap peas.

S:  None planned for now.

V/W:  underway

E:  ?  This is definitely my weak spot.  I need to make time to do more than just walk the dog.

Totals:  Cals:  753  Protein:  45   Carbs:  50  Fat:  36  Sugar:  18

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 12:36 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Your cooking inspires me!  I mean, I heat up chicken sausages on a grill pan but you make full on recipes :)  I love that your family is eating healthier now too since you do the cooking.  It's a win win win for everyone.  I also love finding new recipes for easy weeknight dinners.  

I bought one Light & Fit strawberry cheesecake yogurt at the grocery store last night.  I will have it in the next week.  My favorite is caramel machiato, but I also like Banana Creme Pie and Toasted Coconut Vanilla, and I am going to try strawberry cheesecake and caramel apple pie.  My grocery just has such a random smattering of flavors whenever I go in.

Have an awesome day!

karenp8
on 9/30/14 12:41 am - Brighton, IL

I love that dress Em! And you look amazing! Your weight gain was probably from a bit more sodium than you are used to. It'll be gone before you know it. How exciting to new thinking about plastics. If I had and/or were single I would love to get rid of some saggy skin. I am happy though that with Jillian kicking my butt on 30 day shred, my arms are so toned now and look MUCH better. Now there is wrinkly skin but it doesn't sag nearly as much as it did. Beautiful day here in Illinois and Lily and I have our 4.2 miles in already. I will also do 20 minutes on the healthrider this morning too. I am 25 months post op today. Weight is at 119 today. My biggest NSV so far happened yesterday. I was able to make it all the way through level 3 of the thirty day shred DVD. And to think 2 years ago I couldn't even do one plank! On track with vitamins and fluids. Here's my eats:B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 c burger with cheese and 1/2 c Greek yogurt S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D 1 c chili with cheese S Greek yogurt. Food is kind of uninspired on food because in my husband is out of town and I am cooking for just me which is pretty much a waste. He's gone to New Orleans for at least 2 weeks possibly longer working for Boeing. At least tomorrow afternoon my youngest will be home from college for fall break through Sunday so I will have some company. Hope everyone has a great day!

Most Active