What's on your menu today, RNYers? Tuesday!

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 12:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Karen, your arm toning inspires me.  I may have to invest in a Jillian DVD.  I did not want scars on my arms but now I feel like I need brachioplasty 100%.  And boobs 200% lol.  We will see.  I have to have some consults first.

queenbmamafranks
on 9/30/14 2:04 am
RNY on 12/19/13

Oh wow, girl! Lookin fabulous!!!! I had a bad weekend too and sadly I also discovered I do not dump... But I'm telling myself the portions were so small it wasn't enough to make me dump. Not going to pu**** 

I am really happy with where I'm at so I'm playing with the calories to get close to maintain. I'm in a 6-8 bottom and M-L top. This is just right for me although my bmi still is in the overweight category. I would be ok with losing another 10 pounds but no more. I would be afraid it would make me look old. 

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 2:09 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I see you continue to lose on MyFitnessPal - you are kicking ass, my surgery sister!  Woohoo!

Dodgergirl27
on 9/30/14 2:24 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone,

Em, you look great, I love the dress!  Karen, completing JM level 3 of shred is a HUGE NSV!  As someone who struggles with level 1 still, I bow down to you.  QueenMama franks, OMG you're so close to goal!  That is so exciting, congrats!

I just had the weirdest experience yet (since surgery), I took my first sip of Chike shake and all of a sudden was violently ill.  I ran to my work bathroom, was in there for like 10 min yaking (sorry, but it's the truth), but didn't have anything to throw up, so it was all saliva and water from this morning.  The horrible part was apparently I was way louder than I realized and I walked out and the whole office is looking at me.  I keep having people ask me if I'm ok.  It was very strange, it wasn't the foamies, but I don't think I'm sick sick either.  Does anyone else ever get randomly ill like that?  I still feel kind of queasy.  Maybe my almond milk went bad?  So weird....

Time since surgery: 8 months

B - TBD (it was Chike, but now I can't imagine taking another sip)

S - Almonds

L - I was planning on a salad

D - Out with family, I think we are going to Mexican so fajita's without the tortillas most likely

W/V - In

E - Nothing planned, but maybe 30 day shred if I can fit it in tonight

Have a great day everyone,

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 3:22 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

OMG DG, that's crazy.  I have never had that happen.  I have gotten the foamies and thrown up from food, but never from a protein shake.  I really do like Chike with water - I don't think it requires the depth of any kind of milk - so maybe give that a try tomorrow?  I am not sure what caused it today and I don't blame you for not wanting to continue drinking it.  

Way to go doing two hours of pilates and spinning the other day (saw it on MFP).  Damn girl, you go hard at the gym!  I am impressed!

Dodgergirl27
on 9/30/14 3:31 am
RNY on 01/22/14

It was super weird.  I may try jus****er tomorrow.  I think it taste mildly better with the almond milk and it's a way to up my calcium and my cals without actually "eating" anything.  My stomach is still upset, maybe I am just coming down with something.

The workouts are to atone for my bad eating this weekend as well.  And honestly if I'm at the gym working out, I'm not at home sitting on the couch thinking about snacks.  By the time I get home from the gym I'm to tired to eat much and I go to bed shortly after.  One of my triggers is/was watching TV and snacking, so now I'm trying to replace the TV watching with gym going :)  As always, some days are better than others.... 

karenp8
on 9/30/14 3:40 am - Brighton, IL

I tend to want to eat when I watch TV too in the evening. So I took up knitting. I can do it while watching but my hands are busy so I can't eat!

Grim_Traveller
on 9/30/14 2:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Em, I meant to say earlier, I love the new avatar!

I do like crunch, and I have the 100 calorie packs of microwave popcorn pretty often. I also always have popcorn, with obscene amounts of salt, at the movies. Which can add up. I went to four movies last weekend. And I don't mind the salt. My BP is low, and I was told by my doc to get extra.

Portion control servings at home is really important. I could probably eat 7 or 8 of those 100 calorie bags of popcorn if I let myself.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Dcgirl
on 9/30/14 3:20 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Grim - popcorn is crack!  Delicious crack, but crack nonetheless :)  I have to buy the 100 calorie packs from Skinny Pop because the big bags supposedly have 3.5 servings but ummmm let's just say I have eaten them in less.  Sigh...

Glad to know you occasionally eat something that isn't protein.  I like to know that I am not alone in my serious imperfections.

Thanks for the avatar pic compliment!  I figured it was time to update :)

AnnyBananny
on 9/30/14 5:54 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Hey all, I'm posting to you from my phone during a break at my conference. Today is go, go, go and my introvert's heart is aching a bit. I'm actually being a bit naughty - skipping a session, but I just need a break! I went to two workshops in the morning, presented a poster session (think science fair), went to another workshop session, am breaking now, but in an hour I present another poster, then head to a reception followed by a banquet - le sigh. 

I annoyed myself in one session though - of course they wre throwing out little Halloween candies to entice people to talk and share - so I got a little KitKat and ate it. Not a huge deal, 70 calories, but I wasn't hungry, I had JUST had my snake! It was just habit and we all know old habits die hard. 

Time since surgery: 6.5 mobths

B: Greek yogurt with almonds and fiber one

S: Chike, coffee(s), almonds, small KitKat

L: Chocolate Brownie Quest Bar

S: peanuts I think, but I also have a Kays Naturals bag in my tote so we'll see

D: it's another Quest bar (which makes me think the peanuts are a better snack since my carbs will be crazy with TWO Quest bars in one day)

S: a Babybel Light later in the evening, I think I'll need it. 

TOTALS: Calories are around 1100 and protein is at 90+, probably didn't need that Chike with two Quest bars, but didn't think that out this morning...

v/w: on track

E: hit the elliptical this morning and have had a ton of steps already. 

Hope everyone is having a good day and I look forward to be back on the post as usual on Thursday am!

PS. Em, You. Look. Amazing. 

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Most Active