What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?`

Bubbles314
on 11/18/14 12:59 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Congrat' on the job.

mamata2
on 11/18/14 1:02 am

Thank you ladies!  It will be different to start over clean slate... I just hope they don't notice my interesting eating on the first day :)

soozy_q
on 11/17/14 11:09 pm
RNY on 10/20/14

Happy Surgiversary and hello size 10.  That is just a dream for me at this point.  I too struggle to get in all of the liquids.  I find that it helps if I get 48 oz in before I leave work.  Then I only have 16 more when I get home.

Time since surgery: 4 weeks

B: Egg, FF SF Latte

S: String Cheese

L: Tuna, Lt Mayo, Relish, Ak-Wak Cracker

S: Cottage Cheese

D: Refried beans, cheese and salsa, broccoli

S: greek yogurt

Totals: Calories 925, Protein 87.6, Carbs 74.6, Fat 29.5

V/W: Started

E: 10,000 steps

AnnyBananny
on 11/18/14 12:43 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It might feel like only a dream but you'll be there before you know it - seriously! I can't believe how fast the time has flown. My mom is found of "the days are long but the years are short" in regards to raising children, but it fits here as well - some days are long and a struggle, but the months fly by!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 11/17/14 11:48 pm - Brighton, IL

Happy surgiversary Anny! You sure have done amazing,and I agree about how important this post is for staying accountable. I really need this reminder to myself to have a plan. I really think that that is key to continued success. And I am NOT a planner by nature! I have my day set up with goals for liquids: 2 glasses of liquid and a cup of coffee before lunch for instance. It seems to keep me on track because if I lose focus in the morning and don't get them in I don't get caught up. It is 14 degrees here in Illinois so a walk at the park will likely not happen unless it warms a lot this afternoon. Lily and I did do one mile yesterday afternoon and she had so much fun in the snow! She had her little pink snow coat on and pranced and frolicked all the way around,but it was too cold to do more. Its supposed to warm a bit tomorrow. I will do at least 4 miles on the treadmill at some point and have already done 20 minutes on the bike. On track with vitamins and fluids and here's the food plan: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 1 c chili S apple with peanut butter D 31/2 oz shrimp with garlic butter and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everybody has a great day with healthy choices!

AnnyBananny
on 11/18/14 12:44 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks Karen! I love that you still post even though you're in maintenance and rocking this! 

I used to drink 8oz as soon as I woke up and I think that set me up well for the day - but now that it's cold in my kitchen in the morning I'm like "oh I dont' want to go out there yet," but I made myself this morning so I'm off to a better start liquid wise.

NYMom222
on 11/18/14 12:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Water is hard for me. I try to drink at least 32 oz of liquid before I put any actual food in me. Once I start eating I find it difficult to drink the water. Even when I wait after meals. On a good day, I will drink 16oz while I am taking my shower and getting ready. Then for breakfast my protein shake (if I make it myself) is usually 16oz.  That's 32oz liquid there. Then a cup of coffee or tea a little later in the morning has me well on my way. then I need to only manage 2-3 glasses in the afternoon and evening. Some days I can get more in, but at least I won't feel stressed about it. After a great weight loss in October, things have been a little slow, but they are moving. In a few days is my 4 month Surgiversary and my Surgeon follow-up next Tuesday. So we will see where I am at then.

B: Premier Chocolate

S: Tea

L: 1/2 Stuffed Peppers

S: Greek yogurt plain with sweetener and cinnamon

D: Meatballs, salad, fresh Mozz. and Prosciutto roll up.

(Going to a friends for her daughter's 21st Birthday dinner. She's making Spaghetti and meatballs. I offered to bring this appetizer tray I brought at Costco the other day, it's little Mozzarella fingers wrapped in either prosciutto, pepperoni, and pancetta.) I also have some apple slices in the crockpot with a little honey and cinnamon. I may bring a little of that too, so I stay away from and cake and cookies.)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

AnnyBananny
on 11/18/14 5:19 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Is this crockpot apple thing just something you made up? Sounds delicious - I want to know more!

NYMom222
on 11/18/14 12:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

It's really just sliced apples with some kind of sugar and cinnamon, like the inside of an apple pie without the pie. If you leave it too long you will be making applesauce. Actually it's awesome for overnight oatmeal in the crockpot. I have 2 crockpots and one of them is small. I haven't done it since surgery but you slice 2 apples and put in crockpot, sprinkle 1 tbsp sugar and sprinkle some cinnamon on. Cover with 1 cup dry oatmeal(not instant) and 2 cups water. Add a little salt, sugar and cinnamon sprinkled on top. By morning it becomes like a baked oatmeal with apple pie filling underneath. You could half evaporated milk, but regular milk might curdle.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Bubbles314
on 11/18/14 12:54 am - Kalamazoo, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Hi All, 

It is a frigid 0 degrees here in Michigan and white out conditions.  The snow is blowing like crazy and wind chill so below zero, Brrrr.

My niece was so happy no school (kindergartner), she wants to go out to play in the snow.  I was informed bright and early that the snow doesn't bother her anyway, "I am like Elsa, Aunt Dale".  Could be different if she is outside a few minutes but that isn't going to happen anyway much to her dismay, just to cold.

Congrat's Anny. (It is just a dream of mine to wear a size 10.  I must have been 12 years old the last time I wore that size.)  Inspirational congrat's again, it just shows me what is possible.  I know you feel good, makes me happy for you.

6 weeks out (finally broke my stall and dropped a pound and a half)

B  ham, cheese and egg bake (made it in silicone cupcake cup to portion out sizes, just heat to eat yummy)

L  soup or ricotta pancakes (still have left over soup)

D  country style ribs in crockpot 2 oz  and a veggie tbd

S  cheese stick, sf pudding, protein shake (not sure with eating dense meat I haven't really been hungry so haven't needed a snack)

V/W started

E  riding the bike, I did do it twice yesterday and might do it again today since I might not be going anywhere.  Breaking the stall I want to keep losing so go me.