What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?

Dodgergirl27
on 12/16/14 3:08 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Very good tip!  I also do rely heavily on gift bags and tissue paper, but they are so expensive!  I try and recycle and use the bags I was given from the previous year, but some years everything I get is in wrapping paper...and I'm to cheap to buy the bags, LOL (I get wrapping paper through work for free, a vendor sends it to us, so I suck at wrapping, but it's free so I just go with it :)

AnnyBananny
on 12/16/14 3:31 am, edited 12/16/14 3:31 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Homegoods! I get bags and wrapping paper there for cheap - and, of course, my mom and I usually go out the day after Christmas and snap up good sales. This is actually the first year I wrapped gifts at my own house and didn't use my mother's LOL - but our Christmas plans are different this year and I won't be there pre-holiday so I had to pretend to be an adult and buy stuff on my own.

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

phibbmom
on 12/15/14 10:38 pm

Good morning!  Thanks for sharing the muffin recipe!  I have a student of the month breakfast tomorrow and that sounds perfect! 

Time since surgery 2 1/2 months

B: egg, 1/2 oz mozzarella, applegate savory turkey sausage

L: Chicken soup w/ protein powder

D: Chicken tikka masala, broccoli

v/w: started

E: elliptical - 10 min; treadmill 50 min

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

AnnyBananny
on 12/15/14 11:56 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

It was soooo easy. The batter is super thick and you're just supposed to follow the cake mix's baking directions - but since I did mini muffins I had to wing it - I found 12 minutes was perfect.

Deana_
on 12/19/14 8:47 am

Are you making the chicken tikka or buying it?

phibbmom
on 12/19/14 12:33 pm

I buy a simmering sauce (which has pretty low carbs and fat) and make it with that.  The best I've found is at Williams Sonoma.  It's fairly easy, just cut up the chicken and brown it then add sauce and simmer on the stove for about half an hour.  It's delicious!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

Dcgirl
on 12/15/14 10:51 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awwwww...thanks, Anny and everyone!  I cannot believe that one year ago today I was under anesthesia.  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF!!!!  It has both flown by and been a long time, if that makes sense.  I just feel so incredible, I want to shout it from the rooftops.  I know you guys understand.

I am in our Virginia office today, which means I am not wearing  yoga pants!  As a person who works from home, I now love love love to get dressed up!  So I went to the gym and did a 50 minute strength training class followed by 30 minutes on the elliptical and got dressed there.  One of my gym friends said I looked so cute she had to take a pic.  So I inadvertently have a one year pic.  This dress cost $15 at H&M in San Fran last week, by the way.  I shop like it's my job, but at least the clothes are cheaper!

So onto my menu - dinner tonight is a TBD since I will stay here in the burbs and meet friends I used to work with.  But I packed breakfast and lunch and snacks so I am on track!

B: Chike protein shake before workout, coffee with french vanilla creamer NOW

S: Light and Fit banana creme yogurt with 1 tbsp sliced almonds

L: 4 oz ground turkey with taco seasoning, 1 tbsp guac, 1 tbsp light sour cream with hot sauce, 3 tbsp shredded Mexican cheese and possibly some popped cheddar crisps.

S2: Kay's Naturals honey mustard jalapeño 

E: 500 calories burned in 80 minutes of gym time

Totals without dinner are about 1000 calories, 77 g of protein, 78 g of carbs.  I am eating around 1,400 calories a day right now.

I have done zero Christmas shopping but I am traveling over Christmas (to Tunisia for 10 days!) so I can hopefully buy things there :)  

I hope you all feel as good as I do today.  Hugs, Em

AnnyBananny
on 12/15/14 11:56 pm, edited 12/15/14 11:57 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Looooooooove the dress! You know how I love a short dress and boots, Em!

I think I've shared this saying before, but my aunt always says, in reference to raising children, that the days are long but the years are short - that's totally how I feel about WLS - some days are long and hard, but the weeks and months just fly by! You've been rocking this journey and I know you'll keep it up!

AngryViking
on 12/16/14 12:40 am
RNY on 07/17/14

You look so great!  I think I need to buy myself a dress to wear with boots.  Like right now.

Dcgirl
on 12/16/14 1:07 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Awwww thanks!  I love today's outfit, I have to say.  The dress was $15 at H&M, the boots are Naturalizer wideshaft boots (got a 30% off coupon online), and the leggings are from Kohls.  I feel kinda sassy today!  Ha ha!  And Anny inspired me to rock a dress and boots.  I didn't think I could do it lol.

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 345 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 343 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 290 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 461 views