What's on your menu this Tuesday, RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 12/16/14 3:10 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

CONGRATS DC on your one year! Looking gorgeous as usual!  That dress is wicked, I have one very similar!  Just wanted to touch base and say how proud I am of you and keep up the awesome great work.  You truly inspire a lot of people on OH, so keep doing what you are doing!  

BIG HUGS, Daze xoxo 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

phibbmom
on 12/16/14 9:37 am

You look amazing!  I cannot wait to be able to shop in regular stores and find steals like that!

Congratulations Em!

High: 295  Pre-surgery: 267  Current: 142   RNY: 10/7/14

karenp8
on 12/15/14 11:39 pm - Brighton, IL

Glad to see you back,Anny! And huge congrats to DC Girl on her amazing year! You look amazing my dear! I love the outfit. When my son is home for Christmas I will make him show me how to post pictures on here so I can post some of my own. My hubby got me a beautiful cowl necked sweater dress in eggplant. If you would have told me two years ago I would be wearing a size small body clinging purple dress out in public,I would have laughed. But I did with tights and boots--and it looked great! I love getting dressed every day now. Before surgery I literally lived in sweatpants and never cared what I wore. Amazing changes for sure. Almost 28 months post op and weight at 121.2 today. On track with vitamins and fluids. I already have done level 3 of 30 day shred DVD and will walk 2 miles at least at the park with Lily about lunchtime. Another 2 miles on the treadmill will finish off the exercise for the day. Here's the eats:B1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz salmon roll up and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt D 31/2 oz shrimp etoufee and 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt. Hope everybody has a great day full of smart choices!

AnnyBananny
on 12/15/14 11:58 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yes! You totally have to post pictures! The dress sounds awesome!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Daisydoo02
on 12/16/14 3:14 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I can't wait to see pics of you!  And your cowl neck sweater dress in eggplant sounds gorgeous!  That is totally my style!!  

I love that you like me take your furbaby Lily out every day, rain or shine because you know what it means to her and to us post ops for being successful!  I applaud that Karen!!  We currently have a lot of snow and my two Labs are snow crazy, they love it, they roll around in it and we go hiking every night when I get home from the gym!  keep up the great work, 28 mos post op and you are doing amazing!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

NYMom222
on 12/16/14 12:32 am
RNY on 07/23/14

happy Surgiversary DC Girl! You are rocking that outfit. Love the 'shopping like it's your job' ... hahaha... I feel like that now. Trying to find dirt cheap clothes that I feel good in.... not just cheap. Bought some turtlenecks online from Kohl's that were only $5 each... but returned then because they fit but did nothing for me. I want to feel great in what I am wearing. Am totally loving wearing dresses now too as fighting with the stockings/tights is not such a big deal. I used to only wear them in the summer when leg coverings were not required. Bought a new pair of over the knee boots that are dressier than anything I have so I can wear my dresses more easily n winter. At 5'11" they only hit my knee...haha..but they work.

Anny love what you said about the days being long and the months short. I am 4 months and 3 weeks out...unbelievable. The 100 lb mark is taunting me ...as I said yesterday. Watching and waiting each day. Weight loss is sloooowww this month, I am assuming from Holiday parties etc...and lack of exercise. Trying to take extra laps while Christmas shopping. LOL.

Been struggling with Constipation on and off last couple of weeks... actually both extremes.     Not sure what that's about. I did start a new multi that has higher iron than before... So breakfast of champions this morning, double shot of espresso cappuccino with cinnamon. (I have my own espresso maker)... hoping it will turn things around.

B: Double espresso cappuccino (made with about 6oz milk)

S: Cantaloupe with 3/4c plain yogurt (Made my homemade yogurt the other night. haven't done that since surgery. Soooo good)

L: Chicken soup, (3oz chicken) with added veggies

D: Chopped salad, 1/4c beans, corn, 1 1/2oz chicken, salsa

S: PB on celery

Calories: 887  Carb: 69  Protein: 64

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Dodgergirl27
on 12/16/14 12:35 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning All,

Welcome back Anny, I hope you're feeling better!  Em, super cute dress, you look awesome.  Karen, it really is amazing some of the clothes we can fit into now.  I mostly fit into 8 pants and depending on the brand either large or medium for tops and coats...the medium is what blows my mind.  I honestly didnt' think I'd ever get out of the 1X's, much less a large or medium (I have really broad shoulders and figured that would prevent me from ever going smaller, turns out I was wrong :).  Hopefully I'll just keep going down!

Time since surgery: 10.75 months

B - 2 string cheeses

L - TBD, but it's cold and rainy here, and I really really feel like chili, so I think I might go out and get some

D - TBD, I have tenative plans, if those go through hopefully we'll go to sushi, if I don't go out, then I need to go grocery shopping (lol).  I feel like I need to be eating more fish, my weight loss was always good when I loaded up on fish, so if I go to TJ's I'm going to have to buy this crab stuffed tilapia everyone is always raving about!

W/V on track (my goal is to get 120 oz of water in this week, which is harder than I realized)

E - Versa Climber or 30 Day shred depending on the nights plans

Have a great day everyone!

Dcgirl
on 12/16/14 2:54 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I am always so surprised by sizing!  I am at 159 lbs and a size 10...and you are an 8 - body types vary greatly, you know?  Plus you are tall and I am short.  And I can't help but compare my loose skin to Anny's awesomely smooth and not hangy and wrinkly skin (after all, we shopped together at Ross and critiqued outfits!)  And don't get me started on how different all of the 10s fit on me.  Some are loose, some I can barely pull over my thigh!  You are definitely going to keep going down with your awesome workout plan and great menu!  I personally think you eat too LITTLE (but I am far from a nutritionist so feel free to ignore).  Your calories are so low, I don't know how you do it!  Enjoy the Versa Climber - are you loving the new gym???

Dodgergirl27
on 12/16/14 3:05 am
RNY on 01/22/14

I am actually thinking of raising my calories again.  Dropping them worked great last month (I lost just over 10 lbs, after a couple of slow months at only 5 -8 lbs loss)...but this month, I've only lost 1 freaking lb!  I know holiday parties play a roll, but I've been pretty good and the days where I havent' been at parties (which has been most of the time), I've been really good with low cals and carbs, and yet I haven't seen any movement.  The low cal thing comes from the VSG boards, so many of the vets there insist on 800 cals/day, 40 carbs or lower, and 90+g protein.  I tried it last month, it worked great and now this month my body is rebelling...so I think it's time to up the calories, or at the very least give my body downtime, and I'll drop them back down after the new year. Hopefully mixing it up will be good for my body :)

I do like the new gym, lots of good options.  I really liked the vibe at my old gym, but I was getting bored.  This gym has an older clientele, but more options. So we'll see.

As for vanity sizing, it's CRAZY!  I'm a 6 in Banana Republic, but a 10 in some other sizes/stores.  It makes shopping hard, esp b/c I need to buy the majority of my pants on line so I can get the tall (ps. I love my leather legging from Express, such a good find!), but I never know what size to get...it drives me bonkers.  Also, I have tons of loose skin and carry the majority of my weight in my stomach, so my pants are always way smaller than my tops.  I wish I was more evenly proportioned, then I could rock cute dresses:)

Dartmouth
on 12/16/14 1:26 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

Glad the scale is finally moving for you Anny....I really have such a complex love/hate relationship with that piece of equipment! Great dress DC and lucky you NYMom.....at 5'11 the high boot**** your knees......At 5' high boots are at my crotch!

I always thought I wasn't too fat, just too short!  ( now I know differently!)

Sitting by the fire here surrounded by Christmas presents for our daughter and her husband to have a family dinner before they are off to the in laws and we cross the big pond as my husband calls it to Colorado to be with my sister.....can't wait!

Food has not been my friend lately...don't really enjoy it much but seem to be hungry more often....grrr

B: 40grs smoked salmon, 40 grams low fat cream cheese and 2 rice cakes

L: .8 container pret a manger ham hock soup and .5 pack Kale chips

S: grande skinny decaf cap from Starbucks and 1/3 berry quest bar....( I think I am becoming too fond of these bars)

D:  going out with friends ...probably some grilled fish and vegs.....

early night as tomorrow is the last day to wrap and pack!

joan

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 344 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 342 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 288 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 458 views