HELP!! I need some support

DEBGG
on 2/19/16 5:32 pm

My surgery is set for Feb 24th. I've been on liquids for 10 days now and I'M STARVING. I mean my stomach growls so loud, my husband can hear it. I'm drinking my 60-70g protein with water, broth and decaf tea in between, and it helps, but the hunger sensation comes right back. And the headaches....holy cow! they wont go away. I'm a type 2 diabetic and I'm sure that isn't helping. I only have 5 days left and sometimes I feel like I'm not going to make it, like i can't do this. I am not having any depression from not eating, I feel "down" because of the headaches and stomach pains. Argh...

Dakotapuppy
on 2/19/16 6:48 pm
RNY on 01/26/16

What kind of protein are using. I had good luck with GNC - lean shakes.

DEBGG
on 2/19/16 6:50 pm

Syntrex from The Vitamin Shoppe

Dakotapuppy
on 2/19/16 6:56 pm
RNY on 01/26/16

Lean protein from GNC- they are meal replacements. Not sure how many calories you are getting in on shake.

DEBGG
on 2/19/16 6:59 pm

Each one is 160. I will try those shakes. Thank you for the info

CerealKiller Kat71
on 2/20/16 5:32 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

Syntrax was/is my favorite protein.  

Everyone is starving on the pre-op diet.  You aren't alone.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

catwoman7
on 2/19/16 8:58 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Syntrax is actually pretty good protein...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

JuliaP2016
on 2/19/16 7:46 pm - Prentice, wi
RNY on 03/01/16

I love the chocolate lean protein from GNC, my Dr said I can only use Bariatric Advantage for my 2 weeks of liquid. 

They did say I could have non starchy Veggies if I was "starving" maybe your Dr can offer you suggestions if you call...

I am on day 5 of liquid, day 1 was the worst... migraine :(

selhard
on 2/19/16 8:01 pm - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

Today, I received a frantic phone call from a support group member in the midst of the same thing. Mostly, I sympathized with her but told her to phone the medical staff on Monday to ask for help, also.  I told her to try Fairlife milk that has higher protein and lower sugar than regular milk. Then I suggested she make a list of things to do that will get your mind busy:  take a bath, surf the net, go places, visit with friends, or something that was a favorite.  Before hanging up, I said I would be thinking of her often and would be cheering her on.  So, here's a cheer for you, too:  DEBGG, DEBGG she's our gal, if she can't do it, nobody can. Goooooooooo, DEBGG !!

(deactivated member)
on 2/19/16 8:13 pm

Hi Deb

Stay strong girl!!  5 days is nothing,  you can do this!  Just think of all the hard work you have done up to this point.  Is there something you can do to try to distract yourself, walks, puzzles, computer, movies?  Do something out of the ordinary.  Research a plan to have a photo shoot when you reach your goal, so you can show us all how beautiful you look.  YOU CAN DO THIS!