STILL FEELING REGRETS PLEASE HELP

Kelley425
on 6/20/16 11:10 am

Im 11 days post op... no pain... but still very hungry everywhere i turn is food food food. This is far much harder than i ever imagined. Everyday i wish i didnt do this to myself throughout the day. Feeling very down :(

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 11:15 am

It gets easier. Think about the things you will be able to do when the weight starts falling off. Think about how hard it was before surgery going to a party worrying about if the chair will hold you or not. 

I have to say my life is so much easier now. I can be comfortable most everywhere. I have so much energy. I used to have a hard time walking up the stairs. Now I can walk 4 to 5 miles at one shot.

Take one day at a time. It may help to get some therapy for yourself. I know not everyone needs it. But it is good to have a mental tune up once in a while. 

Kelley425
on 6/20/16 11:19 am

Thank you.  I know it will and trying to be strong. This head hunger is the worst... and i dont have much to keep me busy so it gets frustrating. Family and friends go out to eat to celebrate everything and her i am sitting at home going crazy.. i hope the pureed diet is easier than full liquids

(deactivated member)
on 6/20/16 11:50 am

Head hunger is bad. I have it still. I wi**** would go away. One day at a time. 

mute
on 6/20/16 11:50 am
RNY on 03/23/15

11 days out and things will get so much better, I promise. Think of 11 months out when you will have accomplished so much and all the weight you will lose! It will get easier to not think of food. I swear I barely think of food down and can walk by temptation that would have had me weak in the knees before. It will get better I swear. I was 377 pounds before. So I don't say this lightly and I'm still only 15 months out and losing - it gets SO much better.

Melinda

HW: 377 SW: 362 CW:131

TOTAL LOSS: 249 pounds

Kelley425
on 6/20/16 11:52 am

Thank you and congrats

obxhatteraslight
on 6/20/16 12:07 pm - baldwinsville, NY

It gets so much better.... HANG IN THERE

Heather P.
on 6/20/16 12:12 pm

I am only 11 weeks out, but I can also assure you, things get so much better!   My first 3 weeks were pretty rough, but after that things really eased up.   Hang in there!

Ht 5'7" HW 406, SW 361

RNY 3/28/16

beachybikegirl
on 6/20/16 12:27 pm, edited 6/20/16 5:30 am

11 days out is hard, as the others have stated it gets easier... What gets easier is when you start seeing the weight fall off and your clothes big and people start saying things like "Wow your hair looks great" but really you've lost 40lbs.  At 11 days, your diet is unfulfilling and you haven't lost enough weight to start seeing it as worth it.  TRUST US when we say it will be worth it.... 4months out you will be down a lot of weight but people will probably start really noticing about 6 months out. At some point you get on the high of seeing the scale move and trying on smaller clothes and the food doesn't matter so much.  Once you start eating food it is a new journey of trying to follow the rules and figure out what taste good and what doesn't make you sick.

Maybe move your focus to something else that might be fun for you, like plan out rewards for getting to certain weight goals.  I bought a beautiful journal and fun pens/markers and stickers and started tracking all my successes.  I also created a wish list of clothes and shoes I wanted when I was smaller, and a wish list of things I wanted to do when I was smaller, like play outside with my son and not feel embarrassed of what I looked like or take a surfing lesson.  I am a year out, I hit my goal about 11 months out and I am continuing to check off both my clothing wish list and my things to do wish list.  IT IS AWESOME, I wish I would have done this a decade ago.

I say change your focus, focus on where you want to be and before you know it, you will be there. I get the focusing on the food thing, I couldn't wait to just have scrabbled eggs when I got to that stage in my diet and they tasted like squishy bricks. So your food journey will be ever changing, I used to love burgers like LOVE LOVE burgers but now I can eat about 2 bites of a burger, it just doesn't go down so easy.  You will find food that taste good and doesn't make you sick but it is trial and error.  I miss enjoying a yummy juicy burger BUT I would NOT trade it for my size 2 jeans I can now wear now.

You can do this

RNY on 6/25/15 Height 5.8 HW/SW 247 CW 142 (Normal BMI 21.5) GW 145

Hit my Goal on 5/1/2016 going for more...

et_alia
on 6/21/16 2:09 am - Pittsburgh, PA

This!! I am a bit over 4 years out. The first couple months suck, no lie. But they provide you the opportunity to re-establish how you think/relate to food. Find your new path! It's a bit crappy, I know, but now is when you redefine yourself. A new you, a new way of thinking about food and eating. 

It is awesome! Like the previous poster, I wish I had done this YEARS ago! I'm 4 years out; never regret one second. I wouldn't trade it for anything. You MUST stay on top of it, but it really is the best thing I've ever done in my life. 

The first couple months are tough, but you can do it! You can make it through them. Discover how you relate to eating and then make those changes! The first few weeks will force you to do so. You're going to do great! Just stay positive and you've got this! You're going to be great!

Also, Greek yogurt will be your best friend for the first few weeks! :) 

Most Active