What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 6/22/16 6:00 am, edited 6/21/16 11:04 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning AngryViking and the menu gang! I have to say, I rocked my menu yesterday! the only thing that changed was I ordered a small skinny chai latte at the hospital last night, but only drank half. I am thinking I'm becoming very sensitive to sugar, so yay for that! I'm feeling pretty good today, and I got an update from my kids trip in Ecuador. Here's a pic of overlooking the city of Quito. they visited the Presidential Palace and a chocolate making shop, since cacao beans are a major export of Ecuador. Today he's visiting Papallacta volcanic hot springs and then crossing over the eastern Andes mountains and visiting an Amazon Animal Rescue Center.

QOTD: I have a few jams, but right now I have 2 that stick out in my mind. If I want to get pumped I put on either Burning Beard by Clutch, or Lucky Strike by Maroon 5. Polar opposite songs, but both get me hyped. I have a play list for when I'm running and they are both at on it twice.

10 months 18 days since surgery

B: 2 eggs, 2 slices of center cut bacon, 1 slice of velveeta and a coffee with cream and splenda

L: 3oz of Boarshead London Broil, 1oz of goat milk gouda, tomatoes and mayo on 1/2 a light flat out wrap

D: 4oz grilled chicken breast, carrots

S: Meijer Lite Greek yogurt (this has 80 calories and 14g of protein!), enlightened ice cream bar

totals:

Calories 886 Protein 96 Carbs 47 Fat 41

Have a great day!

Edited to add that I hit the gym this morning for the first time in weeks and I feel good!  Like I said on facebook, I'm back on the train!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

karenp8
on 6/22/16 6:12 am - Brighton, IL

It's a aging how much better you feel when you do exercise. That's why I rarely skip a day. I just don't want to get out of the habit!

karenp8
on 6/22/16 6:14 am - Brighton, IL

Why did my tablet autocorrect? It was supposed to say "amazing"!

Ereiam
on 6/22/16 6:32 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Deanna, 

How is your MIL?

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Deanna798
on 6/22/16 6:35 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I went to visit her last night and she looks good and is in good spirits, despite everything.  They are doing a heart catheter this morning to see if there is a blockage and place a stint if needed.  If all goes well she will be able to come home tomorrow.  I'll update later on when I hear how the cath went.  

Thank you so much for asking, and for all the thoughts, prayers and poultry swinging! 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

Ereiam
on 6/22/16 6:28 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Qotd: my guilty pleasures are all from the 80s. I love "Kiss" by Prince. (I've been listening to that a lot lately.) My all time favorite rock out song is "Love Shack" by the B52s. My kids cringe when that comes on the radio, lol.

My scale hasn't moved in 4 days, but the last time it moved it was 2.5 pounds so trying to keep that in perspective. Here's the good news: I've been trying to find a way to exercise. I can't walk very far without experiencing a lot of knee and hip pain. So yesterday I bought a summer pass to the outdoor pool and swam laps for 30 minutes. Today I may go to water aerobics but I also have a couple of hours of tough yard work ahead, so that may be my exercise for today. Oh yeah, I stopped into Goodwill and I found an elliptical machine for $7.99!! Score!

Here are my stats from yesterday: 

Calories 663.  Carbs 26.  Protein 87

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

karenp8
on 6/22/16 6:39 am - Brighton, IL

Goodwill and yard sales are great ways to find workout equipment. I have a healthrider,a recumbent exercise bike and a treadmill and paid very little for any of them. Of course when it's nice I prefer to walk outside with Lily but when it's bad I have the treadmill I can use. No excuses allowed here!

Deanna798
on 6/22/16 6:56 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I saw B52's in concert in 1990.  Ziggy Marley and the Melody Makers opened up for them.  It was an awesome show and I dressed up in a hot pink poyester dress and gogo boots for the show.  I was 17 years old!

Capogirl
on 6/22/16 6:31 am

It is shaping up to be a gorgeous sunny day in Boston and I am rocking a very cute floaty tank with my white capris today.

Girl, my jams are not secret, I sing along with whatever happens to be on the radio.  This morning was "Take the Money and Run".  I get caught often at the light singing my hear out.  People are probably like "who is that old ***** thinking she's all that and a bag of chips in the skanky mommy van?"

Anyway, have an appointment with the podiatrist this afternoon, lets see if he has anything to say about the sad situation of my left foot.  

B:  1 Egg, 1/2 fiber one english muffin, decaf iced coffee w/cream

L;   Chicken again, bbq sauce

D:  ?  Whatever hubby finds at the store

S:  Sargento balanced breaks, yasso bar

life_mirrors_art
on 6/22/16 6:33 am, edited 6/21/16 11:39 pm - Canada

Good morning! Took advantage of the cooler weather yesterday to spend time in the garden. By Friday the temperatures will soar again, so there's a lot to do today and tomorrow.

QOTD: My all-time favorite is Delibe's Flower Duet - it sends chills down my spine. Oldies like Stairway to Heaven, Dancing Queen, It's a Wonderful World ... plus I love singing along to the car radio, and Adele's songs are perfect for that!

The unplanned menu yesterday was a disaster calorie-wise, so today I will cook enough to keep me going 'til Friday.

B: roast beef

L: chicken

D: bunless ground turkey burger

S: chicken nibblers, cantaloupe, sf jello

Cal-852, carbs-16, protein-119

Edited to add: nothing secret about my jams!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140