What's on Your Wednesday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 6/22/16 7:26 am
RNY on 08/04/15

You can do it!  I finally reset yesterday and I'm feeling strong today!  Hubby is using the new grill tonight for some yummy chicken breast, so I'm looking forward to it.  

Get that grill going and eat some meat, you can't go wrong with that.  And I've never heard of anyone having a grilled donut before, so you should be safe. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

AngryViking
on 6/22/16 8:12 am, edited 6/22/16 1:16 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I don't know if I should be sharing this, but grilled donuts are a thing.  LOL

Deanna798
on 6/22/16 8:13 am
RNY on 08/04/15

sssshhhhh!  lol

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

NYMom222
on 6/22/16 8:35 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Still in Chicagoland, and met LadyTazz at O'Hare Airport at 6:30am this morning. The OH Meet-up train continues.... Pics to follow as I am in a deadzone and can only get data on my phone to work sporadically. Forget w-fi on the phone... We sat in baggage claim, drank Starbucks and talked for like 2 1/2 hours. She showed me the stash of food she was carrying, so funny. We are all the same in so many ways, right? Great to talk to someone in Maintenance at length as I am scared ...this is much harder than losing, and right now the scale is going in the wrong direction. Did my DIL I couldn't do lentil tacos tonight, and I would just thaw some salmon they had in the freezer...

QOTD: I am older than a lot of you so when I am want to jam on my road trips...or keep myself going it is "80's on 8" on xmradio... A little Boy George, Eurythmics, Michael jackson...whatever...

B1: Tea latte- 6:30am

B2: Coffee latte- at home with miralax and protein powder 9:30am

B3: 2 hardboiled eggs- 10:30am

L: ??

S; Kirkland protein bar

D: Salmon, grilled plaintain, veggie

S: PB on spoon

Ex: pool at Y doing froggy jumps x infinity with my grandson :)

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

stacyrg
on 6/22/16 9:14 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Love 80's on 8 and although I don't remember music of the 70's, I am somehow drawn to 70's on 7  The best!

Daisydoo02
on 6/22/16 8:49 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Gotta post fast... its sunny and beautiful here, perfect summer weather. 

When I am PMSing I am saltly like shrivelled up oyster left out in the sun, so ya I get where you are coming from!!!!

QOTD: Life Mirrors Art already said it, Flower Duet from the Opera Lakme, its so amazing.  I also can't get the soundtrack of "Pitch Perfect" out of my head, it was on TV on the weekend and I have been randomly singing songs from it, so fun!

Here was my dinner last night, I was feeling lazy and didn't want to cook. I cut up 8 slices of Turkey Kielbasa and put it on the bbq, I only ate 5 slices and gave the rest to the dogs.

Time since surgery: 2 years 7 months

B: skipped was not hungry

L: Today is our corporate work BBQ.  They serve everyone a HUGE hamburger, ice cream & pop. I will get the hamburger and maybe eat half and throw out the bun and I never get the pop or ice cream just a waste.

D: either turkey burger with cranberry goat cheese or more kielbasa on the bbq

S: ???? shrimp maybe, protein bar maybe??? 

vits are done, calcium on alarms, and already doing great with extra water & tea.  Maybe that's why I am not hungry, I upped my water intake??? hmmmmm

E: going to the gym after work an then a hike with the dogs later in the evening.  

Happy Hump Day gang!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

stacyrg
on 6/22/16 8:54 am
VSG on 05/12/14

G'Morning from LA.  It has cooled off a bit, which makes me and the siberian very happy.  I don't think we'll break 100 today.  I survived yesterday's photo shoot, even though I feel like I looked like a sweaty fat cow.  At least it's done and I will never have to check out my firm's website, so I'll never have to look at the photos.  Victory.  I am wearing a dress today and I was appalled when I put it on and it felt tight.  Shark week is approaching (sorry Grim), but it was a huge wake up call to me.  I've got to get myself together.

KQOTD: Beyonce Get me Bodied or Single Ladies.  Also pretty much anything by Usher.

Here's my plan:

B: 2 eggs, 1.3 oz black forest ham and 1 oz cheddar cheese

L: Grilled chicken breast (4 oz) mixed veggies (it's half of a chicken bowl without the rice)

D: Tri tip, asian slaw

S: Light and fit, sliced chicken breast (deli meat); Skinny vanilla latte

Totals: Cal. 994; Protein: 120; Fat: 42g; Carbs: 41g

mschwab
on 6/22/16 9:23 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Happy first-full-day-of-Summer!  I do love this time of the year, and it will be so much nicer at 1/2 my previous body weight.  Also, I am not afraid to wear shorts in public.  In Public!  Makes those hots days much more pleasant.  Sleeveless shirts are another thing.  My arms are terrible.  I want Cynthia arms!

QOTD:  My jams are Blurred Lines by Robin Thicke and All Summer Long by Kidd Rock.  I know Blurred Lines is horribly misogynistic, but it is so darned catchy.  And All Summer Long blends some great Warren Zevon and Lynyrd Skynyrd songs.  What's not to like?

Time Since Surgery:  19 months

B:  Egg Beaters, mozzarella and bacon omelette

S:  Ellenos Greek Yogurt - Marionberry

L:  Working lunch, so I have no idea.  Likely some sort of salad with chicken.  I have my own salad dressing I keep in a fridge in my office.

S:  Chicken Breast

D:  4 oz seared scallops

Not sure of the totals since I don't know what lunch will be.

Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

AngryViking
on 6/22/16 9:37 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I want Cynthia arms, toooooo!

karenp8
on 6/22/16 11:12 am - Brighton, IL

Me too,please! After the first summer where I wore 3/4 length sleeves,I decided if people don't want to see my saggy arms then they can look away. I look better than most 56 year old women so there you go!

Most Active
Recent Topics