What's On Your Monday Menu, RNYers?

mschwab
on 7/25/16 9:35 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning everyone!  It is day one of my two day prep for a colonoscopy, so it is nothing but clear liquids for the next 60 hours.  Also, I get to start taking laxatives and drinking 2 gallons of prep stuff. So, yay!  Adulting is hard.  The good news is that I have a freezer full of chicken and beef stock, so I'm good to go. So those of you on your pre or post surgery liquid diet, I feel your pain.

Had a good weekend.  Saw Willie Nelson, which was a lot of fun.   It was a beautiful evening, and perfect for an outdoor concert.  

QOTD: My first paycheck job was stuffing envelopes after school at an insurance company. I also worked at a candy shop at a local shopping center. The owners were certifiable nut jobs, so that did not last long.  

My menu is water and broth.  I need to take a trip to the store and see if I can find a Popsicle or jello that is not red or orange.

Have a great day everyone!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Pokemom
on 7/25/16 9:54 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I love Willie Nelson.  Such a gifted musician in a way that gets lost in today's music scene.  I would love to see him in concert.  Jealous of you. 

stacyrg
on 7/25/16 10:04 am
VSG on 05/12/14

OUtshine makes sugar free strawberry-kiwi popsicles . . . they're pink!  Also, Luigi's makes a sugar free lemon Italian ice which is awesome!  I get it at my local Ralph's grocery store!  Good luck with the prep

Theduffman27
on 7/25/16 10:43 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Nice - I love Willie - looks like a real intimate setting.

Nicole K.
on 7/25/16 10:24 am - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

Happy Monday! I'm so jealous of everyone's cool weekend pictures, I'll spare you from mine - as I was in the ER all weekend, with a glorious neck IV, per usual.  

I'm one of the statistics for the bad gallbladder right after bypass, I had 2 TERRIBLE gallbladder attacks this weekend, but it wasn't septic, so they wouldn't take it then.  I'm sitting at work with a pillow in my chair (I threw my back out throwing up so much) and trying to get into my surgeon ASAP.  Starting the IV is THE WORST on me, so I was so upset they wouldn't do the surgery this weekend, that means I have to get the neck thing, again.  I'm such a wuss about needles, especially giant ones in my neck.

QOTD:  My family owned a chain of big craft stores, like Michaels, I worked there from ages 14-18.

If I eat anything with fat in it, I get sick, so I'm super careful right now.  Meat and cheese don't work real well into the fat free diet, if anyone else has that has gone through this has any suggestions, I'm all ears.  I'm living on fat free Greek yogurt and fruit right now, it's the only thing I've found that doesn't make me sick.  I know fruit isn't the greatest.  I have a call into my surgeon, so hopefully this damn thing will be gone soon.

It's all fruit and yogurt, I may try some chicken broth later and see how that goes. Everyone have a great week!

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

ttfan
on 7/25/16 10:38 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On July 25, 2016 at 5:24 PM Pacific Time, GlitterGirly wrote:

Happy Monday! I'm so jealous of everyone's cool weekend pictures, I'll spare you from mine - as I was in the ER all weekend, with a glorious neck IV, per usual.  

I'm one of the statistics for the bad gallbladder right after bypass, I had 2 TERRIBLE gallbladder attacks this weekend, but it wasn't septic, so they wouldn't take it then.  I'm sitting at work with a pillow in my chair (I threw my back out throwing up so much) and trying to get into my surgeon ASAP.  Starting the IV is THE WORST on me, so I was so upset they wouldn't do the surgery this weekend, that means I have to get the neck thing, again.  I'm such a wuss about needles, especially giant ones in my neck.

QOTD:  My family owned a chain of big craft stores, like Michaels, I worked there from ages 14-18.

If I eat anything with fat in it, I get sick, so I'm super careful right now.  Meat and cheese don't work real well into the fat free diet, if anyone else has that has gone through this has any suggestions, I'm all ears.  I'm living on fat free Greek yogurt and fruit right now, it's the only thing I've found that doesn't make me sick.  I know fruit isn't the greatest.  I have a call into my surgeon, so hopefully this damn thing will be gone soon.

It's all fruit and yogurt, I may try some chicken broth later and see how that goes. Everyone have a great week!

how about turkey and fat free turkey gravy?  Turkey is extremely low in fat

Queen JB
on 7/25/16 11:56 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Girl, you can't catch a break, can you? Hang in there! I'm sending good thoughts for a painless recovery!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Nicole K.
on 7/25/16 12:13 pm - Santa Monica, CA
RNY on 02/12/16

You're so sweet, thanks! I got in touch with my surgeon, I have an appointment tomorrow so he can look at my images and we can schedule surgery.

Nicole 

RNY on 2/12/2016 with Dr. Kent Sasse

First consultation weight: 309  Goal weight: 150

Emiepie
on 7/25/16 4:07 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm so sorry to hear of your GB issues. Hope you feel better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Ereiam
on 7/25/16 4:27 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

I had GB issues pre surgery and had it out three years ago. I remember how sickening fat was, both to eat and even to think about. Ugh. I hope you can get in soon.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Most Active