What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 8/26/16 10:46 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Karen as your official MC (Meat Coordinator) I speak for all of us her on the menu thread who have become your friends and menu pals that we are all so THRILLED on your success this week.  I love that you have learned you can "survive without your beloved protein bars" and that you have lost 4 pounds!  I am really really really impressed that on your crazy long road trip you didn't turn to protein bars that you stuck to your AMAW-C menu and you choose really great (SUPER GREAT) protein choices. 

Congrats on your 6 month check in and that your surgeon is happy with your progress and gave you a pass until your 1 year!

I have a renewed excitement that the next 6 months for you will get easier and better as you fine tune your menu and your routine and since you have kicked those damn protein bars to the curb your weight loss will be so much more!  Just because the AMAW & AMAW-C challenge is over does not mean we have to stop following it. I hope you will continue on and continue to be successful!

Have a great weekend!  Keep up the great (SUPER GREAT) work!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Kakesie
on 8/26/16 10:52 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks so much, Daisy!!!  I may eat a protein bar now and then, but I'm definitely going to try and limit them from now on!  And now that it's getting cooler I'm going to be better about getting out and walking those doggies, too!  Thanks so much for your support and encouragement!  Hugs!!!  

AngryViking
on 8/26/16 12:27 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

SUPER GREAT!

yvonnef1964
on 8/26/16 8:17 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu gang,

I was 100 percent compliant this week. I lost 3.4 lbs since Monday. 

QOTD I don't have any plans. I'll probably go over to a friend's house tonight. Church on Sunday. 

B hamburger patty

L tuna salad

D bbq pulled pork

S light and fit Greek yogurt strawberry, Turkey sausage snack sticks and horseradish cheddar cheese 

Capogirl
on 8/26/16 8:49 am

Happy Friday everyone.  So far AMAW-C has been a success, I have lost 2.6 lbs since Monday morning.   However it will come to a screeching halt tonight as we are going out to dinner with bil and sil.  And yes, the Capo's will be going once again to Capo!  Can't wait.

QOTD:  See above, dinner tonight at Capo, birthday party for my great niece tomorrow, breakfast with my high school girlfriends on Sunday, and 2 more inviites for Sunday, not sure about either one though.  A Silpada Sister reunion, as you may remember I used to sell the stuff, Silpada recently closed down so the ladies in my group are having a get-together, also a friend from work invited me to hear her boyfriends (and my dd's former karate instructor) at a local pub on Sunday evening.   OMG, I'm tired just reading this. 

Time  since surgery: 16 months

B:  2 eggs, 1/2 muscle milk 100 w/decaf coffee

S:  4 oz cottage cheese

L:  2 roast beef, provolone rollups

D:  Oh the possibilities are endless, I'll try to be good and have the chicken Cacciatore, but I'm having the tiramisu for desert!

Totals???  

Have a great weekend everyone.

lizz122964
on 8/26/16 9:57 am

Happy Fridayeveryone, 

QOTD Nothing special planned, housework and probably taking grandkids to the beach. 

I did well this week lost 4 pounds. 

Menu 

B  Protein drink 

S Greek yogurt 

L Chicken nibbler,cheese slice 

D 2 oz of steak 

S  Cottage cheese 

Totals 595 Protein 94 

Have a great weekend 

Pokemom
on 8/26/16 10:01 am, edited 8/26/16 3:09 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Hi AV and everyone. 

AV, you are really on a roll with your sealife memes.  I love today's complimenting shark.  We all need a shark as a friend.

QOTD:  Trying to decompress from the craziness of the past few weeks!  Sooooooooo much craziness.

Well, AMAW-C:  I was not in the official running, because I was still allowing vegetables, so my own compliance was to cut all carbs but vegetables, sticking to 70% dense protein/30% vegetable.  I was mostly compliant, like 99% on days 1 and 2.  Day 3, I was 100% compliant until after dinner, and then I fell from grace.  I wondered if I could consider Nutella or trail mix a "condiment," but I couldn't.  I would have been better to be less restrictive, eaten the orchard peach, and satisfied myself with real food.  In spite of my embarrasing "must report" fail, I did lose 2.1 pounds in the 4 days of focus, and I am 1 pound lower than ever before. 

It is good to have community challenges, even if I am not 100%, because striving is better than giving in altogether.  My brother likes to say, "Don't let the perfect get in the way of the good."  Also, whenever I strive for compliance to something really restrictive, I face myself more and re-learn what my triggers are (hello, eating on the run or skipping meals). 

Editing now because I got my photos to upload! 

Craziness lately: 

--This summer, I have been helping outfit my son for his 2-year service mission for our church.  He is a very physically active kid (like, who has ridden in a 200 mile bike race and finished 17th out of 800 adult male riders), and he had a goal to hike the highest 3 mountain peaks near our home in the month before he left on this mission.  On the way down from the second hike, he injured his knee.  So we had a lot of medical appointments, MRI, physical therapy to fit in.

--In the 3 weeks between injury and mission departure, son did his locally famous hand-pressed, hand-shaken fresh limeade business he runs at the city fair.  He also did this for a wedding and for a backyard concert.

--The day after the dawn-to-dark city fair, the son spoke in church, his "last words" to the congregation before leaving on this mission.  That meant lots of guests after, and a big open house party to throw at our house!  We had about 100 people show up.

--Final packing and into the mission/language training center 3 days later.

--After loading the luggage that morning, our younger son fell and broke his arm.

--I had a medical procedure early the next morning.

--School started for the younger boys the next day.

Here are photos of the limeade booth at the fair.  The whole family and some of his friends help out--it is really popular, and this year we estimate we pressed about 1000 limes, and that he served about 600 people.  It is exhausting but fun, and a good income for him (especially since his pokemom and dad work for free):

Photos of me and the young man, minutes before he went into the mission/language training center.  (He is going to Korea and will study Korean for several weeks before heading there.)  I truly adore this boy and will miss him.  As parents, I guess we all work to launch our children as hopefully responsible adults, hoping they make good choices.  This mission is a challenging experience for him, but a good and overall happy life choice for him before college.  But a big part of my parent heart will always be with him.  It has been such a gift to have him in my home.

AngryViking
on 8/26/16 12:32 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

There are too many things about this post that I love.   Yay for you and your awesome kid and your limeade stand and, and, and...

Pokemom
on 8/27/16 9:09 am
RNY on 12/29/14

Thanks for that, AV!  It was a very long post, I realized after submitting.  It is kind of you to read it all.  Sometimes life seems big, and it seems lonely unless someone notices. Thanks for noticing.  :-)

Emiepie
on 8/26/16 1:16 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Awesome!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 39 replies · 197 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 319 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 270 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 440 views