What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

NYMom222
on 9/2/16 6:50 am
RNY on 07/23/14

OK I am going to add something about your menu.... You are planning less than 600 calories. you are not a newbie... I would rather see you plan more calories and not binge, than punish yourself with super low calories and then go off on a binge.

Can I suggest you plan at least 5-6 meals/snacks a day. Doesn't mean you have to eat them all... but if you get stuck with hunger you look at your menu and "Oh, I said I was having ...xyz... so I'll have that"...

Tortilla chips for breakfast are doing you no favors....

You need to keep veggie snacks, or salads handy for when you 'need' something... also make sure you are getting fat, that helps with keeping us satisfied...

I personally do not count calories, just protein and fluids. Something to consider, at least for awhile it might help change the mindset you are in...

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Deanna798
on 9/2/16 7:12 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Yeah, the tortilla chips are something that was a binge thing this morning.  I woke up and grabbed the bag while making coffee. I had to force myself to put them away and get a yogurt for breakfast.  

My hubby and i have been scaling back on our grocery shopping, as I'd normally have the fridge and freezer overflowing and have to throw away so much food because it would go bad, etc.  The problem with scaling back is that i have so much less that I can choose from, and I'm at a loss for what to have as a snack.  I baked a ham earlier this week with the intention of eating it during the week as snacks and lunch meat, but it went a lot faster than I expected.  

I'm just feeling a bit overwhelmed with life right now and that makes my will a little less strong when it comes to food.  Then I make the mind boggling choice to go and buy things that I don't want in my house.  

and then I'm dealing with this wonderful little boy that is demanding every moment of my day.  It's all just so overwhelming.

This is how I'm typing this to you.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

NYMom222
on 9/2/16 7:31 am
RNY on 07/23/14

He's a sweetie, and yes that face is adorable, but it is about learning balance.... and he is not too young to start having routine as well...You have to take care of yourself first, if you want to take care of him. It's like on the airplane when they tell you to put your oxygen mask on first...

I know you walk, but have you considered doing something like the 21-day-fix exercise videos I do? I love that there are 7 different routines so you don't get bored...and 30 minutes- done. Little one might get a kick out of doing it with mommy. I really credit it with sculpting my body and my arms. Doc may have taken the skin off, but those muscles are all mine.... and I had 2 Plastic Surgeons (including Dr. M) tell me even before surgery that I had good Abs...totally credit the 21-day-fix for that.... again that routine and physical exercise can help our mental state as well... something to think about. You are worth the investment.

Take a deep breath. Things don't change overnight...but step by step. Put one foot in front of the other, and then one day you will look back and see you are not in the same place anymore.....

Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

Save

Save

AngryViking
on 9/2/16 7:01 am
RNY on 07/17/14

That's scary!  A few years ago we took our neighbors to court to force them to keep their two dogs under control.  I'm not even sorry, either.  The dogs were/are nuts and were always loose roaming in the streets.  You couldn't even walk down their road because they would charge you.  One time we were out walking with the dog and they came barreling at us.  Matt had to pick up Bagel and spray the dogs in their faces with this protector spray we bought just for those little ****s to make them go away.  Even then they were still following us.  After the court incident, the neighbors built a kennel to keep them contained. 

supershopper
on 9/2/16 7:51 am

We live in the country and there are loose dogs around here. There IS a leash law in our county. So if there is one in yours, make the neighbor follow the law. It is not appropriate to have your dogs wander around the neighborhood, no matter how 'good' they are or not.
Generally cattle dogs (and other dogs) chase people running, even if they are running away from the dogs. It is in the herding nature. it probably was that Kal was running away and the dog went to herding.

hope this helps.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

karenp8
on 9/2/16 4:03 pm - Brighton, IL

And we need you here too,Deanna! When you're having a bad day get on here and let us know. We are your friends and are here for you when you need us. None of us have a normal relationship with food--that's why we needed surgery. Every day is a struggle for me too. Any emotion or stress makes me want to eat,so I take it just one choice at a time and ask myself does this get me to my Goal? If not I get away from it. I have been known to buy chips then throw them in the garbage and put coffee grounds on top of them. Whatever Works! Reach out sweetie--we'really here for you when you need us!

Emiepie
on 9/2/16 6:44 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Happy Early Anniversary! We don't have much planned for the weekend so there shall be some DVR items to get caught up on and the weather is supposed to cool down a *****igh 80's) so maybe a few walks or something else outdoors.

QOTD: I'm Kelly, live in Central CA and have since I was 2. I am married (March 2004), have an 11 year old daughter who just started 7th grade, a beagle named Ruppert, a grey tabby named Twinkie and a red eared slider named Sheldon. Pretty stable and have worked at my current job for almost 15 years and have lived in our house for 14 years. I prefer a schedule and a plan. Oh and I like to run.

Time since surgery: 24 months

B: SF latte, egg beaters and one turkey sausage patties

L: Bananas and cream protein shake with powdered PB2 with chocolate

S: SF latte, Siggi's yogurt, and pork rinds

D: TBD

E: 45 mins stationary stepper and elliptical at lunch

V/W: On track

Totals:without dinner Cals:856 Protein:109 Carbs:52 Fat:22

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Queen JB
on 9/2/16 6:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Friday!

QOTD: I am Julia, 42 and live outside of Boston. I work in education administration for a network of re-start charter schools in urban areas around the state. I have a meat-lovin' boyfriend who I met on this site (see pic below). I used to do a lot of artwork (book making, specifically) but it's been months since I even attempted to make anything, and it's bumming me out. I need to get back into it. I'm currently pet-less. I was cat sitting for 1.5 years but they just went back to their forever Mom. I miss them, but it's nice to have some freedom, again. I love to explore Boston and other areas nearby and go to museums, parks, shows, etc. 

B: PUMPKIN SPICE Latte from Dunks with Skim & Egg & Cheese Wake Up Wrap

S: Mr. Cheese Os

L: 4 Slices of Deli Chicken on top of 4 Finn Crisp Crackers with 2 Laughing Cow Swiss Wedges

S: Dannon Light & Fit Greek Peanut Butter Crunch

D: Dunno?? I'd kill for a grilled cheese, though...!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 9/2/16 6:56 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I'll have grilled cheese waiting for you.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

NYMom222
on 9/2/16 7:16 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I can't believe you said Grilled Cheese!! I was thinking about that yesterday when I was having my food meltdown... a reason I don't keep sliced bread in the house.....

I keep low carb tortillas, but they don't ever call my name...

Save

Save

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 432 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 360 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 294 views