What's on Your (photo) Friday Menu, RNYers?

CathyV
on 9/9/16 5:44 pm

No but not far...we are in NW Arkansas

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Teena D.
on 9/9/16 3:15 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

You look amazing!

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

pammieanne
on 9/9/16 3:22 pm - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Ah, Thanks! I know I've lost a lot of weight... I know that... but when I look at that picture, I still see fat legs, and a big belly, and boobs! Sigh, I hope that changes once I get to my goal weight!

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

life_mirrors_art
on 9/9/16 7:26 am - Canada

Good morning! Your menu looks so good AV - may have to go out and buy some brie this afternoon!

QOTD: the Western Fair opens today in London, and the petting zoo, quilts and giant veggies are calling my name. With luck, tomorrow's thunderstorms won't materialize, and I'll be there when the gates open.

B: roast chicken

L: salmon and avocado

D: roast beef

S: yogurt, cheese sticks

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

RNY on June 23, 2014  -  HW: 280, SW: 230, CW: 166, GW: 140

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/9/16 8:06 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Happy Friday friends!  So glad this weekend is finally here. Last night was a lesson in what not to do.  Let me give you the dirty unvarnished truth of my personal brand of unhealthy relationship with food.  So...my Guy was working until 10pm and I only have one kiddo left at home and he was at theater rehearsal.  So there I was with just the puppy for company.   I realized immediately that being alone in the empty house is a huge trigger for me to eat.  Alone = Eat to comfort  Weird that I had not really recognized that previously but there it is. I have identified the enemy. And...of course...I immediately began eating.  The whole time thinking about the fact that I was doing this out of an unhealthy food addiction behavior.  Logical mind ticking away knowing this is a bad thing, I should stop, blah blah blah.  The best I could do was try to navigate toward less terrible choices for food.  So...several handfuls of Goldfish crackers in I made myself some high protein low sugar oatmeal.  That is pretty filling so I figured that would be a good choice.  Then I ate two slices of reduced fat Swiss cheese.  Then another handful of Goldfish...and then I remembered the no sugar added ice cream I talked the Guy into buying for me earlier this week. Ah ha!  This is the magic that will fix everything.  It is like a real dessert but not...yum.  I ate a cupful, like a whole 1 cup serving Eeek. And about five minutes later I thought I was going to die.  The gas from the sugar alcohols in the ice cream combined with the Goldfish carbs was pretty much like death in my belly.  I laid down is misery and eventually fell asleep. The whole night was lost to laying in bed moaning and when my Guy got home I was passed out cold asleep. Uhg. I know the evil I do and yet I cannot stop sometimes. This morning down to 138 and starting fresh. Going to make better plan ahead things for when I am going to be home alone. Also...that ice cream is in the garbage and I now know fake ice cream is not something I can eat. 

QOTD: This weekend I am not going out of town or anywhere.  Just going to be home and do some projects that have been put off for too long around the house. 

Photo Friday: This is a picture of my 18 year old and I from Monday.  She is in her first semester of college and is an hour away from home now.  I went and hung out with her and it was super fun. I love that she matched her shirt to her hair.  Also in this photo she is trying and failing to teach me how to properly 'selfie'.  I apparently am the worst at it. lol Am I duck-lipping?  Where am I supposed to look?  What is happening here. Side note...yes my skirt does have elephants, giraffes, and tigers on the print.  Wheee!

Menu:

Greek yogurt, Greek yogurt, cheese stick...dinner?  Uhg. I think hamburgers on the grill. Wish me luck.

~Elizabeth the Queen of Bad Selfies

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

pammieanne
on 9/9/16 8:48 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Your daughter looks so much like you! Those eyes!!! 

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

AngryViking
on 9/9/16 9:12 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, I love this picture!  Twinning!

karenp8
on 9/9/16 10:22 am - Brighton, IL

You two look so much alike and I love her hair Color! I also cannot have any fake sweets in my house as they are guaranteed to lead to overeating. Only boring snacks for me I'm afraid. I don't know why carbs have to taste so good except they are from the devil.

RNY_elizabeth
on 9/9/16 12:38 pm - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Carbs are indeed made of fresh baked devils. LOL

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

CathyV
on 9/9/16 10:29 am

I think you pulled off the duck lips. You do look a little surprised though, lol. Love the skirt! My oldest is a sophomore in college four hours away. We miss her!

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 55 replies · 478 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 401 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 388 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 340 views