What's on the Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

G2GAWAY
on 10/20/16 12:16 pm
RNY on 05/16/15

With Halloween just around the corner...you could test it out under the guise of a costume.

Cory

5'7" Starting Weight: 305

Current Weight: 145

stacyrg
on 10/20/16 9:59 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Good morning.  Telephonic court appearance for me, so a late post.  It's been a rough few days for me.  For the past week, I've had intermittent acid, which made me soooooo upset.  My surgeon called me last night and told me that just like a "normal" person, I can get heartburn occasionally.  He told me not to panic, and to take Zantac for the next week or so to see if it resolves.  We went through my food and, sadly, I think caffeine may have been the culprit.  He said that my system may not be able to handle it on a daily basis.  I told him I would gladly give it up again if it meant no more acid.  He also said (and not to minimize this for any who have suffered as a result of a traumatic experience, like war, etc.) that I likely have something similar to PTSD, so the minute my body feels "off" my brain takes me back pre-surgery, and I expect a full blown acid attack.  He told me that, given the repair work he did, that's unlikely to happen.  I'm feeling better about it today and hope that, once the caffeine is completely out of my system, the acid will disappear as well.  

For the last 2 days I've been so hungry, I could eat a whole cow and it wouldn't fill me up.  Today is a small pouch day.  I prefer days like today.

DQOTD:  Sleeveless tops, running shorts, bathing suits.  My upper arms were always big and they still are. . . although now it's mostly loose skin.  Same with my thighs.  I carried my weight in my butt and thighs.  From my exercise, my legs look good (in clothes) but there is a bunch of loose skin that I'm not comfortable exposing.  I never wear running shorts, for example.  I only run in capri compression pants or longer.  Something I need to work on.

Plan:

B: sliced deli turkey (took 3 oz, ate about 1.75 oz)

L:  Going for sushi with the other female attorneys in my office.  I'll likely have the sashimi box as I don't eat rice, so rolls are a no go for me.

D: NY Strip, tomato and feta salad

S: Skinny vanilla decaf latte, almonds, I also brought sliced roast beef that I may try to eat at some point since my protein will be low.

I haven't entered my food into MFP, but from the looks of it, Cals will be under 900 and protein will be in the 70-80 range, which for how I'm feeling, is good enough for me.

Queen JB
on 10/20/16 10:28 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Ok, I found a work-around for the caffeine induced GERD! 

I simply cannot have caffeinated coffee ever again. It gets me every single time. 

SOOOO, new solution. I drink decaf coffee, but add a shot of "Mocha Java Mio" --those little flavor shots. They are not sugar free, unfortunately, but they give the coffee a little kick of caffeine and for some reason I never get acid with it. I hope it works for you!!!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

stacyrg
on 10/20/16 10:32 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I'll give it a try!  I'd been drinking caffeine free since before my surgery, but he told me I could give caffeine a try. I was excited because I'd never had a starbucks cold brew or a Nitro cold brew from coffee bean.  It was like the whole world opened up to me!!!   I was fine for about a week and then my system rebelled.  I had a feeling it was the caffeine, but I panicked when it happened 3 days in a row!  Can't wait to try the Mio shots

Queen JB
on 10/20/16 10:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Yep the Starbucks Cold Brew lured me in with its siren song, too. But never again...... :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

stacyrg
on 10/20/16 11:51 am
VSG on 05/12/14

I hear ya, sister!

Emiepie
on 10/20/16 11:56 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad you're feeling better!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

CJ On Orcas
on 10/20/16 11:13 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Good morning, barely.

QOTD:  Belts.  Tucked in shirts.  Anything short enough to show my hanging belly.  Not a fan of anything form fitting.  LOL to whoever commented that arms do not look better in long sleeves.  I just started having the bat wings (so shocked already) and although I knew they were coming was very surprised at how soon they appeared.  Kids are appalled.  And I am wearing a short sleeved shirt today and they kind of hang out.  Gross.

B:  Premier Protein shake with coffee

L:  Greek plain yogurt with Syntrax Twisted Cherry

D:  Smoked Salmon lox with light cream cheese, cucumber slices

S:  Babybel cheese, 5 strawberries, Maybe a few Kay's Cinnamon Apple crisps

Totals:  638 calories (based on a full pack of Kay's), 89 protein 38 carbs

I tried steak the other night at Chipotle.  Had to spit it out, could not chew it up.  But then last night after reading someone's menu post, I bought some Boar's Head rare roast beef and had it with the Boar's Head horseradish sauce.  Now.  THAT was perfect.  Love, love, love.  I am once again a fan of meat - well at least the rare, thinly sliced kind.

Emiepie
on 10/20/16 11:42 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hi guys!! Another quick fly by post today! I miss my routine but enjoy spending some time with my team members here.  

QOTD: Belts!

Time since surgery: 2 years, 2 months

B: SF latte, boiled egg, 2 turkey sausage links

L: Deli turkey, boiled egg, light babybell cheese and a few baby carrots

S: Siggi yogurt

D: TBD

E: 6 miles this morning

V/W: On track

Totals w/o dinner: Cals:650 Protein:61 Carbs:45 Fat:24

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

(deactivated member)
on 10/20/16 2:43 pm

I actually do not like to wear leggings. I try to. But I always feel like I am not dressed to be out in public. I am also afraid of gaining weight back since they are stretchy pants. 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 48 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 378 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 371 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 312 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics