What's on the Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Kakesie
on 10/20/16 7:42 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Daisy and the Menu Gang!

Cooler here today, too.  The last burst of Summer is over and Fall is officially here.

QOTD:  I agree on panty hose.  I hate them and won't wear them even now that I am smaller.  I also have loose skin on my arms so I don't like sleeveless or cap sleeve shirts.

My menu for today:

B:  2 eggs sunny side up, 3 slices bacon

L:  lettuce, spinach, tomato, chicken, bacon, cheese, low cal dressing

D:  hamburger patty

S:  Light N Fit Strawberry cheesecake Greek yogurt

S:  Watermelon

Exercise:  Walking the dogs around the subdivision.  Saw the wild turkeys again last night on our walk!  YAY!

Have a GREAT day!

~ Karen  

Daisydoo02
on 10/20/16 4:46 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Karen I think we have to accept Fall is here right LOL

Yup panty hose is just horrible UGH, why are they even a part of any clothing line HA HA HA  

Eggs & bacon for breakfast, yummmm!  Do you like your yolks runny or firm? I have to  have firm yolks, I am weird like that LOL

The wild turkeys you keep seeing are funny!  Do they just ignore you or are they bold and get in your way?  And I can't believe they just live in your subdivision?  We have some around here but they live in the deep woods, not where people & dogs are!

Have a good one!

Kakesie
on 10/20/16 4:59 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Yup, Daisy, Fall is here.  I'm okay with Fall, but I really dread Winter.  I'm not a blizzard and ice type of person!  

I like my yolks runny, but the whites must be firm and done.

I got to see the wild turkeys for the THIRD time tonight and I got pictures of them!  They are such pretty birds!  I will post a picture of them tomorrow for Photo Friday!  They let me get pretty close to them, but they slowly move away if I get closer than a car length away from them.  And of course, when I have the dogs with me, Tippy has to bark at them.  Silly Tippy!

Dcgirl
on 10/20/16 8:03 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Happy almost weekend, Daisy and all!

Such a great QOTD, Daisy!  When I was SMO, I always tried to be fashionable, though as some of you have pointed out, Lane Bryant had its limits.  I wore a lot of boot cut black pants and cute tops.  Now I wear almost anything - jeans, leggings, sleeveless tops...my only "no" is shorts and short skirts.  I have hanging inner thighs (my lower body lift improved my outer thighs but the inner, ugh) and my knees are fat and my calves are veiny.  It's sad, but even knee-lenght skirts and dresses make me feel a little self-conscious.  I try to let go of it so I can dress up nicely for my boyfriend (who doesn't see my flaws like I do) but it's hard!

I have an awesome weekend planned - my bf's 3 kids are coming this afternoon and the oldest is bringing a friend.  We are going to a pumpkin patch tomorrow, and going shopping in DC Saturday.  I have some good things on the menu - homemade chicken tenders, fancy grilled cheeses (a variety like regular, brie and fig ham, pesto and mozzarella), cheesy quiche, and sticky chicken wings.  I try to get the kids to understand that every meal needs a fruit or vegetable, having an array of colors on your plate is a must, and protein is good for you.  Obviously they would eat cake and cupcakes for every meal but hopefully some of what I say (and serve) gets seared in their brain :)

Time since surgery: almost 3 years!

B: We are breakfast twins - I had two hard boiled eggs mashed up with a squirt of mustard, a little mayo, salt and pepper

L: Leftover crockpot chicken, coleslaw, half of a half of a sweet potato

D: Homemade chicken tenders, cucumbers and snow peas, mac and cheese for the fam and I will have a few bites

S: Maybe Thinables, these great crackers I got from netrition - they are kind of like cheez-its but 30 of them are 60 calories (they have 11 g fiber, 4 g protein, 26 g carbs ugh)

E: probably none today.  Too hectic with picking up the kids and working.

Have a great great weekend, all!

achelle131
on 10/20/16 8:08 am, edited 10/20/16 1:08 am
RNY on 08/30/16

Hi! I'm somewhat new to the thread, and saw that you live in DC. I lived in Springfield, VA for 32ish years, before I moved south with my husband in 2011 about 30 minutes from Williamsburg. I still have family up there, and most of my friends are there too. Where do you live? Maybe you'd like to meet up sometime? I'd love to make a new friend, esp one that knows what I'm going through. I have a friend who did the sleeve, but know no one personally who's done RNY.

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

rachelp
on 10/20/16 8:33 am
VSG on 08/01/16

Good morning everyone! It's 50% chance of rain today because of this "cold front" that's supposed to blow in. Tomorrow it will only get up to a whooping 78 degrees!! Burrr!!!

QOTD - Shorts, dresses, skirts or anything that shows my lower legs. I don't even care about my thighs. It's my cankles! I have them even when I'm skinny . I once had a man tell me that I had some of the biggest cankles he's ever seen! There is no difference in the size of my calf and my ankle no matter what size I am. I've looked into surgery options (none really) because I rather have that fixed than anything else on my body. It's too hot here to not be able to wear anything but pants. I hate my mom's side of the family because it's their fault!! LOL

B - Protein shake

L - Rotisserie chicken salad

S - Cheese & lunch meat

D - Something chicken

Sleeved 8/1/16

HW 285 / SW 276 / GW 160

RNY_elizabeth
on 10/20/16 8:33 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

Rushing to a meeting.  All is well here. Menu is the usual.  More later!

QOTD: Shorts only at home, not out. Unless it is really really hot...then to heck with it. LOL

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Grim_Traveller
on 10/20/16 8:41 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Hey DD2! Tell Arun I'm sorry about the Jays. We both got our butts kicked by a really hot team.

You should never feel bad about wearing whatever you want, Daisy. I know, I still have the fat guy in my head, too, so I know what that's like. But you look great, and have zero to fear. Really.

QOTD. There were always things I chose not to wear. Like sweat pants. I wasn't going to be one of those fat guys that only wore sweat pants. Likewise, I don't think things like tank tops look good on men, so I don't. I won't wear tights, either. I don't wear skirts, but I do occasionally think about getting a kilt.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

One Bad Beach
on 10/20/16 8:50 am
RNY on 11/28/16

Most favorite reply, ever! 

Queen JB
on 10/20/16 10:23 am
RNY on 07/20/15

You'd be slammin' in a kilt.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
Recent Topics