What's on the Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

achelle131
on 10/20/16 5:30 pm
RNY on 08/30/16

Thanks! I totally know what an orange Julius is! I have a fuzzy navel sample I'll try soon. The kiwi strawberry was also a sample and tastes a bit like a virgin strawberry daquari. I'm trying to find some non-milkshakey protien alternatives. Isopure is great but expensive.

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

peachpie
on 10/20/16 7:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning folks!!

QOTD: No there isn't anything I fear wearing. Honestly I never understood women (of any size) who said they refuse to wear sleeveless tops, or skirts etc for whatever reason. I always wore skirts, sleeveless top, dresses even belts. Actually I think my appearance looked neater with a belt when I was SMO, than w/o. The belt gave me confidence to tuck in shirts in too. One thin I'll more frequently wear outside of my house are leggings-- that used to be my lazy day around the house attire. Now I'll wear them out. The only thing I HATE wearing/refuse to wear are things like spanx/girdles, "foundation" garments. Too many bad memories of my mother stuffing me into them as a kid telling me I need to lose weight. I'd literally rather have it ALL hang out. 

17 month post op

Weight today 194.8

M1: 1Tbs peanut better

M2: chicken quesadilla filling

M3: 3oz deli turkey/cheese 1oz cashews

M4: t-bone steak, spinach, 3oz sweet potato

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

RNY_elizabeth
on 10/20/16 8:31 am - TX
RNY on 10/06/15

You are my hero. For real. I adore everything about this post. Say no to "Foundation" and hush to Mom's nagging in the past.  Yes!

~E

Consultation weight: 265, Surgery date: 10/6/15, Goal: 150, Current weight: 129; 5'5, 46 years old

"I am basically food's creepy ex-girlfriend. I know we can't be together anymore but I just want to spend time hanging out" ~me, about why I love cooking so much post WLS

Daisydoo02
on 10/20/16 4:28 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I applaud you for your confidence to wear anything at any size.  That was not me at all, and I am very PRO Spanx, I wore them when I was MO and I still wear them now. We are so opposite Peach, but good for you for having the "have it all hang out" attitude, that takes some serious guts girl!!! 

yvonnef1964
on 10/20/16 7:21 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi menu gang,

QOTD I didn't like to wear jeans, buttoned up shirts, horizontal stripes on shirts but I do now.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and colby pepper jack cheese bites

L cottage cheese,  baby carrots and orange pepper

D pork loin and lima beans

S Greek yogurt,  apple and turkey sausage snack sticks

Have a good day

Daisydoo02
on 10/20/16 4:35 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Oh I totally forgot about jeans! I NEVER even owned a pair of jeans when I was MO, not one pair. I know hard to believe but I refused to wear pants that huge in denim.  Now I own several pairs, several! Its so wonderful!

Great menu Yvonne!

Patty R.
on 10/20/16 7:38 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Good morning all!

Quite a cool down, left windows open over nite and awoke to a freezing house!!(no heat on yet!!)

QOTD: I have long standing "issues" when it comes to fashion. One of my greatest joys was wearing scrubs instead of a white uniform dress with white pantyhose. Even in my days before becoming obese I despised panty hose!!! I'm with all who can't do tucked in, horizontal stripes or button down shirts!!

Today is 6 weeks out from surgery, had over estimated last week.

B:  Coffee w/ sf coffee-mate, Venison Chili w/ cheddar cheese

L:  Thin sliced Deli Ham w/ 1 motz. string cheese

D: Braised venison Steak, maybe bite of zucchini

S:  1/2 scoop Unjury Chicken broth

Cal:674   Prot:77    Carb: 35 

64 oz sf peach tea at my side

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Daisydoo02
on 10/20/16 4:42 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

It really has started to cool down here too, heard on the radio driving home that in our Northern part of the Province they are getting snow this weekend!  And I have done that before too forgot to close the windows when we went to bed and woke up to an ice cold house. LOL

Scrubs rock, the nice big shirts hide lots of flaws right!  And panty hose are the devils work I am sure LOL LOL

Great menu!!!!! Lots of Venison, your husband must be a hunter I take it ha ha

I LOVE LOVE LOVE peach flavored ANYTHING.  Crystal Light Iced Tea and Tevanna Peach tea from Starbucks are my two favs right now!!

NYMom222
on 10/20/16 5:01 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

If you love anything peach you should buy yourself some peach SF Peach syrup- Torani, davinci, Jordan's skinny..... Love making peach green tea Iced tea....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Patty R.
on 10/20/16 9:56 pm - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

My younger son is the hunter, usually gets a bear and a deer every year. He just came back from New Brunswick but no bear this year  :(

My husband Jim is a butcher; he "processes" wild game animals as a 2nd job during hunting season.

Peach tea is how I'm able to get all those liquids in!!! Hated venison as a kid but love it now. Maybe it was the way it was cooked!! Sorry Mom!!! LOL

Most Active
Recent Topics