Random whines-- pity party starts here

DebWLS83016
on 10/24/16 1:49 pm
RNY on 08/30/16

Today is my first time at this site.  When I read your post it made me cry because it was exactly what I'm feeling.  I just had RNY surgery on 8/30/16 - 8 weeks tomorrow.  I am having a rough time, especially missing the foods that I loved to eat.  And even what I am eating now doesn't always go down very good.  At this point I am very discouraged & wondering if I made a mistake in having the surgery; also wondering if I'll ever be able to eat somewhat normal ever again.  Thanks for sharing; it helped to know others have experienced the same feelings.

peachpie
on 10/24/16 7:44 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

For me, I was in robot mode early on-- my mind was fixated on what it would take to heal my body from surgery. But as I got confident the healing was past me and I was just living- these struggles pop up. The eating gets better- you will tolerate more, whether it be in variety, quantity or both. And you'll be so motivated by progress that while the struggle of the mind is always there- the choice of your heart will support the results you are seeing. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

DebWLS83016
on 10/27/16 12:55 pm
RNY on 08/30/16

Thank you.  It helps to know that things will get better.  I want to get to feeling like this was a right decision not a mistake.  Your words give me hope that I'll get there!

missc_26
on 10/25/16 3:37 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

Good on you for posting. You are most definitely not alone, while each person's journey is different there are so many common themes and so many head games that play out thru the journey. The journey never ends by the way, it's going to have highs and lows, then hopefully more highs than lows but if you need support you are in the right place. I'm only 3 weeks out from VSG myself and taking it one day at a time but OH has been a godsend.

I try to remind myself on the low days that I'm not "missing out" on food or fun but I am giving myself more opportunities for good health, be able to do fun things that I haven't been able to, and that I'm proud of myself for getting to where I am today. It is a brave decision to move forward to good health and learning to love ourselves more. Be gentle with yourself - you've got this and on the days you struggle holler and we will back you up.

Best wishes.

sarah66
on 10/26/16 12:08 am, edited 10/25/16 5:09 pm - CT
RNY on 08/05/08 with

It gets SO much better!  Hang in there!  I'm 8 years post op, but I remember those early deprivation feelings vividly.

teach2
on 10/24/16 1:52 pm
RNY on 12/23/14

Preach, Peach!

We've all been there, but how you handle it what makes you successful.

*****ing doesn't add weight.  I say, ***** away. 

Keep fighting!!

RNY on December 23, 2014 with Dr. Michael Greene

Start Weight- 225 Surgery Weight- 218 2 wk- 208 6 wk- 198 10 wk- 181 14wk-179 18 wk-172 21 wk- 168 25 wk- 162. 29 wk- 158. Mo 8 - 155

Mo 9- 150 Mo 10-148. Mo 12-145  CW 140

H.A.L.A B.
on 10/24/16 2:51 pm

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/24/16 2:51 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Whine away! The struggle is real!, & yeah the carb siren call can be especially loud some days & sipping on water when you want a pretzel sucks. Stay strong! I'm not sure if alternatives that are more bariatric friendly will help or makes you crave for the real thing.

For me I really like my sweets so so far I've been adding different flavored sf torani syrups to my sparkling water & it has really helped on the days when I wanted the real thing.

Sometimes buckling in & saying no is what ya gotta do sometimes & it sucks. Hopefully the further out we get the suckiness of it all will get less too. 

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Karen9849
on 10/24/16 2:57 pm

I'm  sorry you missed your goal.  I feel the pity party.  I'm almost five weeks post op, and I don't enjoy food AT ALL anymore.  I'm eating to stay alive.  Nothing interest me and I find myself eating 4 or 5 bites and calling it a day.  After I eat I am so uncomfortable that I never want to eat again.  I go back to work on Wednesday  and am afraid.  There is cake, candy and donuts everywhere.   I will not touch them because I am not testing the dumping waters at work.  Plus I've  been through  to much to cheat.  But I know I will be a miserable ***** watching everyone eat.  I have no clue what to bring for my meals because I hate everything.  I guess I did not realize it would be like this.  I was hoping it would get better in time, but I guess not.

At least we can come here and complain to each other.  

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

Kathyjs
on 10/25/16 2:21 pm

I am one of the lucky ones who watch people eat and eat annnndddd eat and think TG I can't do that/ don't want to do that. At 13 plus years except for ice cream I can eat what I want and I think mentally this really helps. But ....physically I can't eat much so the majority of the time I chose healthy foods but if I want chocolate, I have it. Miniature bar. No food is worth my size 8 blue jeans . 

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 88 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 368 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 365 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 307 views