Random whines-- pity party starts here

Karen9849
on 10/26/16 9:49 am

I hear that.  I just went out and bought all new clothes for work (size 14), and I'm liking the new me!

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

NYMom222
on 10/24/16 5:43 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

I drink way more 'warm drinks' since surgery than I did before. I think I find it much more satisfying than plain water.... find something that works for you that you can get when you are out. and Yes the further out you are sometimes this sucks... and as Hala said-- I can eat anything if I am willing to pay the consequences. Unfortunately food is social... and we have to play a balancing act. I had a wedding yesterday and grandchildren visiting this week. Tonight an 'ice cream party' happened. Yes I had some, took out a small bowl and not too much... balance.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

peachpie
on 10/24/16 7:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Last winter I tried a pack diet hot chocolate and that set off a major uproar in my pouch. I figured my pouch doesn't like hot & sweet (even artificial sweet-  even my cream of wheat this morning made it carry on a bit). I don't want to add it to my no list yet- just gotta find the right combo. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

seattledeb
on 10/25/16 3:39 am

Those packs don't work for me. I make mine with almond milk,cocoa (unsweet) and splenda.

This is the season people start piling on the snacks.  It's breads and pies and thinking about baking. We got 2 more months and then the masses will be on a diet until superbowl weekend (highest daily caloric intake of the year). It's been helpful for me over the years to realize how much is seasonal. Someone's gotta eat all those freshly made cider donuts but it doesn't have to be me this year. I don't have to follow the masses.

You are right. It's ongoing. I often have 2 voices going on in my head. And one of them will always love donuts.

Cosmos2112
on 10/24/16 6:43 pm

I hate to whine...but.  I'm still in the pre op stage. Two more months of visits. Due to my borderline BMI I can't lose more than 2#. I know, the violins are playing. I'm frustrated. I had to increase my long acting insulin to get my fastings down. I don't eat anything after 7pm. If I feel like I'm hungry, I brush my teeth. But only once, toothpaste is yucky.  That makes me lose my appetite. I walk a lot more. I'm not weighing every day, just 2x a week. I'm still good. I increased my protein like the NUT said. I just want to get rid of this damned diabetes! And sleep apnea, htn, cholestoral, joint pain. My body isn't doing well with my excess weight. 

missc_26
on 10/25/16 3:54 pm
VSG on 10/03/16

I had low bmi with comorbidities so I understand the struggle is real keeping above the line but also preparing yourself for a new lifestyle. Hang in there 

Go_Zippy
on 10/24/16 11:01 pm
RNY on 10/20/16

This post came at a good time. So sorry to hear of everyone's frustrations but am glad we can commiserate together. I just had surgery 5 days ago and am so sore (belly) and so tired of protein shakes and I'm having headaches when I lay down. And I gained 6 pounds post op - what's up with that???? I know the sore belly will get better so am just dealing with it. Any suggestions for savory protein shakes? The sweetness is making me gag at times - tried some buttermilk with pepper and dill weed (so you know how desperate I am). The headaches are ugly. Last night I thought maybe related to dehydration, tonight I wondered about BP (it was low in hospital, not so much now). I guess it's just a matter of time to figure it all out. 

One Bad Beach
on 10/25/16 7:02 am
RNY on 11/28/16

My NUT told me that extracts would become my best friend when it came to the protein drinks.  She told me that you can add instant coffee and pumpkin extract for a pumpkin spice or a use a choc shake and add almond and coconut extracts for an almond joy type taste.  You might look into this.  I know you're only five days post-op, so I don't know what stage your surgeon suggests, but this is something you can keep in mind to jazz it up a bit later on.  (She did suggest that I use alcohol-free extracts, and I see that a lot of people on here add sugar free Torani syrups)

Hang in there, because we all know that you can do it! 

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

mute
on 10/25/16 5:05 am
RNY on 03/23/15

OMG I am absurdly pissed about missing that number so closely! I can't even believe that. I demand a recount, UGH!

supershopper
on 10/25/16 6:03 am

I have these days also- I had a little one over the weekend when I made smores for DH with reese peanut butter cups as the chocolate component.

BUT instead, I had an adkins PB chocolate cup with no caloroe sugar free marshmallow dip and yogurt. it was YUMMY and I even 'cooked' it on the campfire so I wasn't left out.

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 82 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 364 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 360 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 306 views