What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

yvonnef1964
on 12/4/16 5:07 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Sounds like Grim is doing good job. Glad you have him.

QOTD I wasnt a picky eater. We had to try it even if we didnt like it. I hated brussel sprouts as a kid and i had to eat 2 of them. I would hold my nose and chew quickly. When i became an adult, my grandma made some and my mom was like you need to eat some and i was like no i dont. I can eat them now.

B egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cheeseburger

D something with chicken

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange

Have a great day

karenp8
on 12/4/16 5:36 am - Brighton, IL

Hubby is the painter in our house. After years as an inspector for an airplane manufacturer he is far too particular for my painting skills. I just stay out of his way and let him do his thing be a useful I know it will look perfect when he is finished. No one has ever called me a picky eater--probably not a surprise since I needed WLS. The only food I don't like is chicken gizzard and heart. Not a big fan of their texture. Post op 4 years 3 months and weight at 117 today. Lily and I have our 3.2 miles in already even though it was raining throughout. Neither one of us melts at Least! Here's the food for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz cheesy links 1/2 c green beans D 31/2 oz strip steak 1/2 c broccoli S mission one chocolate chip cookie protein bar. I didn't drink enough yesterday because I was really busy and forgot so that is my goal for today. Have a great day everyone and make some amazing choices ! 

Insert Fitness
on 12/5/16 4:34 am

I haven't worked up the nerve to try chicken gizzards yet, and I'm pretty adventurous.... I have tried chicken heart. It was at a Portuguese restaurant. Not sure if it's how it was prepared, but it had a kind of bologna texture. It was fine, not my thing though.

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Emiepie
on 12/4/16 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good morning! I have time to post this morning before the gym. Sounds like you and Grim worked your booties off- rock stars! Yesterday we got so much done, including taking a few photos that will hopefully make a nice Christmas card. Today we have church, taking my mother in law to lunch and dropping Em off for a birthday party. 

QOTD: Yes, I was very picky! I needed burgers with only ketchup and cheese (no "salad" on my burger) and only liked a handful of veggies. I didn't even like mayo, mustard or things like gravy. I am lucky as a parent since Emily will pretty much try anything and eats a well rounded diet and really likes the avocado/black bean brownies and zucchini German chocolate cake.

Menu: B: latte, oatfit and turkey sausage, L: burrito bowl from Mexican restaurant (I. Will. NOT. EAT. CHIPS!!!!), S: latte, carbmaster yogurt and package of thin addictives, D: albacore tuna melt and carrots

Exercise- heading to the gym shortly to get in my 6 miles.

Water on track and will start vits with breakfast

Hope everyone has a great day!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Karen9849
on 12/4/16 5:42 am

Good Morning Everyone

That's great JB that you are getting so much accomplished, (yay Grim).  my husband hates painting.  I have been asking him to paint my bathroom for 6 months and still not done.

QOTD

I was raised by my elderly grandparents  and we were very poor.  You ate whatever was put in front of you and was happy to have it.  now I will eat almost everything, except Salmon, yuck.

Not sure what I'm having today I have 4 of my grandkids since yesterday and we are going out for the day.

B   premier protein shake

L   ?

D   ?

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

conazza
on 12/4/16 6:39 am
RNY on 09/23/16

Good Morning Everyone,

JB, sounds like you're both doing a great job getting your place ready to go!

QOTD: I wasn't a picky eater at all. The only thing I wouldn't eat as a kid or as an adult is liver! 

B: Scrambled egg, cheese and ham. Decaf coffee, half & half, equal, miralax and benefiber

L: Tuna pouch with balsamic

D: 2.5 oz pork chop, green beans

S: Face yogurt with SF toranni pumpkin pie syrup 

Calorie 522, Protein 68, Carbs 27, Fat 18

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

Kakesie
on 12/4/16 6:53 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning JB and menu gang!

How wonderful that you have Grim to help you get your apartment ready!  What a hard worker!

QOTD:  I was not a picky eater as a child.  We were expected to eat everything we were served and clean our plates as a kid.  My brother and I would eat the "yucky" stuff first to get it over with and save what we liked "best for last".  One time we choked down mustard greens that our mom served from a can.  After we had eaten them our parents took a bite of them and declared that they were bad and told us we didn't have to eat them, but it was too late, we had already finished ours.

My menu for today is very exciting ... NOT!  CLEAR LIQUIDS!  I am having an endoscopy and a colonoscopy tomorrow and have to drink only clear liquids all day today.  Fun, Fun, Fun!  

Coffee, tea, apple juice, white grape juice, chicken broth & sugar free jello.

Exercise:  Walking the dogs around the subdivision

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

~ Karen   

monkam
on 12/4/16 8:54 am
RNY on 02/16/15

Hope today goes fast for you and thinking of you for tests tomorrow. Just routine or have u been feeling bad? Too busy at work to keep up with weekday menu posts. All the best to you!

Kakesie
on 12/4/16 9:26 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thank you Monkam!  Just routine tests, no problems.  Thanks for the well wishes!  Good luck at work!

Emiepie
on 12/4/16 7:13 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope everything goes well tomorrow.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active