What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Kakesie
on 12/4/16 7:23 pm
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks, Kelly!

catwoman7
on 12/4/16 6:55 am
RNY on 06/03/15

boy - sounds fabulous!!  Next thing we know, you'll be moving back into your condo and putting Grim's house on the rental market!!  Take (and post) some pictures if you can!!

QOTD:  I'm not sure if I was a picky eater or if I just hated my mother's (and the era's) cooking.  My mother never liked to cook, and back in those days she made all that mid-century fare that most everyone else was making:  meatloaf with canned veggies, pot roast with canned veggies, etc.  I HATED it and still won't touch stuff like that 'til this day.  I remember many nights sitting at the table 'til like 8:00 or 9:00 p.m. because my parents wouldn't let me leave until I tasted everything.  Nope.  Things I do remember liking:  chicken breasts baked in canned cream of mushroom soup (another mid-century staple, but that one was OK...), spaghetti, toasted cheese sandwiches, soup (we always had Lipton chicken noodle or French onion), tuna sandwiches.  I think I became a "foodie" as an adult because of my bad memories of the uninspiring food of my youth....

18 months out

B:  Greek yogurt with fresh raspberries

S:  iced protein mocha latte

L:  probably tuna with balsamic vinaigrette or 1 C cottage cheese (if I have any left in my work fridge...), baby carrots

D:  sirloin steak with mushroom sauce, chopped cabbage with miso-sesame dressing

probably another Greek yogurt or frozen pumpkin protein pop later on.....

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 12/4/16 7:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

whoops!  No formal exercise today because I'm working all day, but I plan to make a few rounds of the library every hour or so.

snowing today - boo!  I think this is the first time it's snowed this season - or at least during the day when I can see it.  And it's definitely the first time it's stuck to the ground.  Very weird for otherwise chilly Wisconsin!!

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/16 7:19 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning! JB, I love hearing about home renovations. I love to paint, walls not pictures. I'm waiting to heal up from my surgery and I'm going to paint my kitchen/dining room. I usually re-paint the inside of my house once a year. It gives me a chance to rearrange and I love how clean and fresh new paint makes my house feel! It's cheap therapy to me. 

QOTD- I was never a picky eater growing up. I grew up with addicts as parents and they had other priorities to spend their money on besides food. I was thankful that we had commodities and the food bank. i became very resourceful and I could fry anything! Lol My sister still jokes about me frying cheerios for us in the mornings to eat at the bus stop.

I am 11 days out from surgery and feeling really good with lots of energy. I'm still on all liquids. So today I'm going to focus on getting all my protein and fluids in. 

Have a a great day!

Grim_Traveller
on 12/4/16 9:04 am
RNY on 08/21/12

I have never been a picky eater. I eat 12 things, and as long as I get one of those, I'm not picky at all 

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Laura in Texas
on 12/4/16 9:31 am

QOTD: Yes, I was and still am a picky/weird eater. Smells and textures affect me greatly. My mom used to make me eat one bite of things until I started throwing up on my plate when she did (yes, I was THAT kid). I don't think I was trying to be manipulative. I seriously think the smell and texture of things truly made me nauseous. One of my kids is like me, the other will eat anything. I don't make mine eat what we do. Sometimes we as parents have to pick our battles.

My eating has been crappy this past week. My boyfriend was in town and we went out to eat a lot. I am poor so I take advantage of that when he is here 

Back on track this week. I am going to try to stay at my goal weight this holiday season. Usually I gain around 5 but lose it after January 1st. Fingers crossed for this year 

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Queen JB
on 12/5/16 5:30 am
RNY on 07/20/15

I've been eating out a lot, too because I don't have real food at my old condo (which is stupid--I could go get some!). It's so hard because restaurants add so many extra calories to everything! If I made the same recipe at home it wouldn't be nearly so bad. 

I am rooting for you to keep the weight steady at the holidays. I am starting the season about 3 pounds higher than I want to be (see restaurant rant, above) so I need to get my head screwed on tight and FOCUS!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/16 9:42 am

I knew if I didn't eat what was on the table. I wouldn't be eating. 

That is great Grim is helping you. He is a keeper for sure. 

B:Coffee and tons of it. Insides of a bagel sandwich 

L:No idea

D:Turkey chili

My kids were not picky. They just had to at least try it.

Daisydoo02
on 12/4/16 9:52 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Yay for home reno's and having a super talented boyfriend!  I am willing to hire him, what's the cost? Ribeye and bacon? LOL  Make sure you post for us before & after if you have them!

QOTD: as a kid I was a very picky eater!  VERY!  Every single night that I can remember I got the lecture of "when the timer on the stove goes off if you have not finished your dinner you can go to bed hungry." Ya I "went to bed hungry," but clearly my Mom was daft because after she went to bed I just sneaked into the kitchen and at a crap ton of cookies and bread, jokes on you Mom!  Now as a adult I love all food, all flavours, the spicier the better, all ethnicities of food I love.  I am willing to try anything once, but there are few things I just don't like the taste of and won't eat, I don't consider that picky, just I like what I like.   I won't eat liver, karela (bitter melon), potatoes due to my allergy, radish and beets.

I am feeling really lazy today, I literally don't have a plan at all. So not me!  I have had 3 coffees, 2 babybel half a banana with peanut butter and no real food and its lunch time.  What the hell?  So from here on out today I will plan:  lunch is leftover chicken chow mein, dinner tonight is taco night, snacks are babybel, protein hot chocolate and smartpop I think.  

Just about to take the dogs for a hike, then off to the mall to get SIL her bday gift for next weekend and might hit the gym later, not sure

Good luck on finishing most of the reno's today!!!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

catwoman7
on 12/4/16 8:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I can't do bitter melon, either.  My husband can eat it, but to me it tastes like quinine.  I can't handle really bitter things - or things with mustard-y undertastes.  Even some cruciferous vegetables taste mustard-y to me.  And watercress?  Ugh. So bitter.  I uploaded my DNA test results into a health program once.  I noticed I carry a gene that makes you extra-sensitive to bitterness (my husband does not have that gene).  I was a little surprised that that was a genetic thing and not just a personal taste preference - but not surprised that I have that gene!!