What's on your Sunday menu, RNYers?

Scififiend
on 12/4/16 10:08 am
RNY on 10/11/16

Yay for painting!

QOTD: I wasn't a picky eater, but there were things I wouldn't/couldn't eat, and most of them are still no-nos for me. I hated cucumbers (still do), and nearly vomited at the dinner table when my parents made me eat a slice. I've always loved pickles, though. I don't care for melon, although I will eat a little on occasion. I keep hoping my tastes will change and I'll like it. Brussel sprouts are just gross and always have been. I didn't care for peas and spinach as a kid, but that was because they were the cheap canned version. 

Todays's menu:

B: Chocolate Cherry protein smoothie

L: Probably steak

D: Probably steak

Lunch and dinner will likely be steak. I have to work tonight, so it's easiest to just pick up a steak, give it a quick sear, and divide it into 2 oz portions.

Smoothie recipe, if anyone is curious:

1 c Plain, FF Chobani

1/2 c frozen cherries

2 scoops Syntrax Nectar Unflavored protein

3 T Splenda

2 T unsweetened cocoa powder

1 T vanilla extract

ice to personal preference

Fat: 1g, Carbs: 29g, Prot: 44g

It's a little over 1/2 my carb limit for the day, but it's a nice way to get my protein. I also sometimes omit the ice, let it blend and aerate for a bit, and freeze it into protein pops.

HW: 408, SW: 384, RNY: 10/11/16

catwoman7
on 12/4/16 8:20 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

chocolate and cherries are great together!  I used to occasionally blend frozen cherries with chocolate protein powder - and add a little cocoa to make it even more chocolate-y.  Yum!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 12/5/16 5:35 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Your shake sounds yummy!

I love cucumbers and pickles but they are hard on my pouch, now. The skin is too tough and I know that when I take a bite during a meal, it's likely to be my last bite. 

Oh and the boiled, plain brussel sprouts of my youth were nasty but as an adult I have discovered that roasting them with olive oil, garlic and Parmesan is deeeelishious! Thank you Pinterest!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

cc583
on 12/4/16 6:19 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Kudos to Grim & you! I'm definitely not a painter. It makes me sick ( severe headaches) even the fumeless.

QOTD: Nope, wasn't a picky eater.

B: 1 1/2 eggs with spinach, mushrooms, diced tomatoes and a little cheese. 1/2 slice rye toast

L: 2 oz chicken breast & 1/4 C sautéed peppers, onions & mushrooms

D: white chicken chili

S: FF Chobani

Cals 750, Carbs 49, Fat 25, Protein 68 

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Tri_harder
on 12/4/16 11:40 pm

My grandma was a cook for a wealthy family.  She taught my mom how to cook.  They can make anything taste wonderful.

I love decorating rooms.  I do all the painting, wallpapering, refinishing and remodeling myself.  I sew my own curtains, drapes and quilts.  I do have a handyman that does my plumbing and electrical. I love gardening. It is all great exercise.  My husband is too busy to do projects.  Tri 

B: Protein coffee and spinach souffle

S: salad: artichoke, black olive, green bean and cucumber in vinaigrette dressing

L: coconut shrimp, steamed broccoli and 1/2 baked yam

D: sirloin steak and homemade veggie soup

S: chicken breast with tomatoes and mozzarella cheese

wannabesupermomm
y

on 12/5/16 4:39 am - New York, NY
RNY on 10/25/16 with

I'm 6 weeks out and figured it was time to try and join the daily menu crowd :) Hopefully I'll remember to post throughout the week. 

QOTD: Nope, not in the least. I had certain aversions but I wouldn't call a 6 year old who's hesitant to try octopus or reindeer meat as picky :P Luckily my son isn't either, so our dinner possibilities are endless! 

Breakfast:

1 nespresso with SF Hazelnut creamer, 1 L&F Yogurt

Lunch: 

Amy's Organic Chili

Dinner: 

Steak 

Snack:

Babybel Light x 2

8 oz Skim milk 

Totals: 

600 cals, 30g carbs, 20g fat, 20g sugar

Have a good one!

RNY w/ Dr. George Fielding @ NYU 10/25/2016

LBL, BL, MASTOPEXY, FLANKPLASTY, BRACHIOPLASTY w/Dr. Joseph Capella @ Hackensack 07/11/2018

Stay tuned!

Queen JB
on 12/5/16 5:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Welcome! I hope you are feeling well at 6 weeks post-op!

Yes you should definitely post every day! I've been posting my menu since my first day home from the hospital, and it is truly one of the reasons that I think I've been successful. There is great accountability to the group, but you also get great feedback and great ideas. Plus I think just having a supportive community of people who "get it" is invaluable. 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)