What's on your Sunday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 1/22/17 4:21 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning, Marvelous Menu Minions! 

Wow, yesterday was so ridiculously relaxing, I can hardly believe it. We sat around and talked and watched movies and all day... Ah amazing. I was sad not have gone to the Boston March, but after such a long week, it was nice to have an excuse to stay in and chill out. Also, Boston was expecting 90,000 people but ended up having 150,000! It was so crowded that they couldn't actually march and the train lines were overwhelmed, too, so it's just as well that we didn't go. 

Today should be equally relaxing! Grim's brother took off early this morning and we don't have much on the docket for the day. I need to put some time into getting back into a work routine (including a trip to the grocery store), but I'm more than happy to spend another quiet day at home :)

QOTD: Blankets or no blankets while you are sitting on the couch? Yesterday Grim heard a beep and ran downstairs to get 1 comforter and 2 wool blankets that were nice and warm from the drier. He threw them on me and I have never been happier. Never! Even in the summer, I love being under blankets when I am sitting on the couch. I don't even think it's about the warmth (although I like that, too!) but I like the feel of having the weight of a blanket on me. 

B: 3 peices of bacon and protein coffee

S: Greek Yogurt

L: Leftover Chinese Chicken Fingers 

D: Steak

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone! Make great choices!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/22/17 4:38 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! Go Patriots!

QOTD: I like blankets too as I am so much colder than I have ever been in my life previously. I am enjoying keeping them ready on the couch for me while recuperating from PS.  I'll probably clean up my "nest" this week (have already been returning pillows to beds), but it has been nice to just go to the couch and put the blankets over me (and have a good excuse to hog the couch).

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Asian pork (? Chef DS is cooking)

S: quest protein chips, cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Insert Fitness
on 1/22/17 4:40 am

Morning!

Quick post, we're off to my parents today to replace the belt on their dryer and have a visit. Haven't looked at the weather, but I think it'll be a good driving day.

qotd: definitely a blanket user. Summer not as much, but we always have some handy. I'm also a slipper wearer.

menu:

B:protein shake

L: brunch/lunch at my parents. It's always protein forward, so I'm sure I'll be fine there.

D putting a roast in the slow cooker. I'm trying a Mississippi roast, we'll see how that goes.

have a great day everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

catwoman7
on 1/22/17 7:33 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've been thinking about trying to make one of those Mississippi roasts as well.  One of these weekends...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

ttfan
on 1/22/17 4:44 am
RNY on 08/15/16

Preparing for a noreaster here!

I LOVE blankets, I have one over me most of the time...lol  I am always cold!

Breakfast
Egg Beaters, 0.25 cup
Hillshire FarmsTurkey Kielbasa, 3 oz
Lunch
Kraft American Cheese Slices 2%, 1 Slice
Greek yogurt - Yogurt 1.33 oz
Bumble Bee Tuna Fish, 1 can
Dinner
Hillshire Farm Beef Hot Links, 1 Link
Shrimps, 1.5 oz

Totals cal 573 carbs 16 pro 70

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Brandi Girl
on 1/22/17 4:52 am
WLS on 10/18/11

Good Morning! Blankets for sure! I don't know what it is, because I enjoy them even when I'm not really cold. The only part of it I don't like is when I sit with a blanket my 2 dogs jump into my lap and pass out! Then I feel trapped! Well, that is my excuse anyways for not getting up as much as I should on my days off.

B: coffee

L: another birthday party today so still unsure

D: left over chicken stew probably

OneBlueSock
on 1/22/17 4:54 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Good morning guys!

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days....I was under the weather for the last couple of days, but woke up feeling alright this morning if you don't count cranky joints!  I've been feeling....emotional I guess....about my upcoming surgery. I'm excited, but nervous.  I go for my cardiac clearance on Tuesday...and things are starting to feel more "real" if that makes sense.   This will be a revision, but this is the first time I'll be having major surgery since my son was born and that's messing with me.  He is one of the biggest reasons I'm on this journey....I don't just want to live to see him grow up, but I want to participate in it as well!  In addition to the surgery nerves....I've had the emotional roller coaster with my sister, and I have news about that.   The results of her biopsy were not what we expected....but in a GOOD way!  Instead of coming back lymphoma as her doctor expected....it turns out it's sarcoidosis.  I had to google it, but from what I've read it can mimic cancer on the PET scans and is a granuloma.   Now we don't know for sure yet, she's having surgery to remove the mass in her lung on Tuesday to test that and make sure it is related to the sarcoidosis, so I'm not fully excited yet, but cautiously optimistic.  I think if I could just cross all my fingers and toes until tuesday I'd consider it, but then I'd never get anything done!

Today we are heading down to visit with my FIL...I'm sure he'll have lots of questions about my upcoming surgery, it will be nice to see him.

QOTD:  Blankets all the way - with my thyroid issues I have trouble temperature regulating, I'm always cold...and I've heard it will get worse haha.   I also like weight on my lap - something I discovered when I went to therapy.  I almost always want a pillow or my bag sitting on my lap, I just find it comforting.  As I've journeyed through having a child on the autism spectrum, with his various sensory issues, I've noticed there are several things that I do that are similar....it's very interesting!  

MENU:

B: Protein Coffee, Protein Shake

S: Protein Shake

L: TBD

S: Almonds, string cheese

D: Salmon, Salad

Have a wonderful day guys, enjoy it!  

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Kakesie
on 1/22/17 5:14 am
RNY on 02/19/16

I'm glad you got some good news about your sister.  Keeping her in my prayers.

OneBlueSock
on 1/22/17 5:48 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Thank you, that means a lot! :)

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Emiepie
on 1/22/17 5:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I felt the same way prior to surgery. Hope you feel better soon! I'll still be thinking of your sister, that's great news to hear so far.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 458 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 415 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views