What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Amy Liz
on 1/23/17 9:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! Happy Pats fan here, Super bowl bound, sorry Falcon fans!! Since it poured all day, the BBQ was not happening. I ended up using my air fryer for my bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers and hot sausages. Wow, I was really impressed, they were perfect.

QOTD - Morning person all the way! I'm up at 5am for work, so on the weekends, I try to stay in bed until it's at least light out, that's my queue to get up. I'm really motivated by my love of coffee.That also means that I go to bed early too. By 8:30 I can only keep one eye open. Thank goodness for DVR's, I don't have to miss my favorite TV shows.

2 months since surgery

B-coffee w/heavy cream and SF hazelnut syrup

S- L&F yogurt

L -P3 - ham, cheese and almonds

D-leftover jalapeno poppers, hot sausage from yesterday

V-on track

L-trying, having difficulty lately?

E-walking the dogs tonight

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

stacyrg
on 1/23/17 9:33 am
VSG on 05/12/14

Morning and happy Monday.  Glad to see you all did so well on AMAW.  Hopeful that I can participate in the Easter challenge.  The rain has finally eased up.  We had about 3 inches of rain yesterday.  The rain overflowed my pool.  I spent a good portion of the day drying Nikolai off since he loved to go outside.

DQOTD - I am most definitely a night person.  If I have to, I can get out of bed early and start my day, but I prefer to stay in bed until 6, get to work at 8:30 and have my day go from there.  I typically get to work at 8:30, wor****il 6:45 - 7:15 then go to the gym.  I take a class at 6:00 am on Thursday, but have an agreement with the instructor . . . she texts me to make sure my butt is out of bed!  I think I really became a night person when I was in law school since I was up sooooo late studying all the time.

Here's my plan:

B: Deli sliced roast beef (3.56 oz), 1 oz hummus

L: Turkey breast, 1/4 string beans and mushrooms

D: Ribeye

S: ?????  I didn't really bring anything.  I have a 1/2 a power crunch bar if need be.  Also, I'm planning on a SF hot chocolate at some point.

Totals without snacks: Cal. 657, Protein: 91g; Fat: 24g; Carbs: 18g (this is too low for me, particularly if I hit the gym.  I'll definitely have to add something in.

mamata2
on 1/23/17 12:46 pm

Law school ruins us in so many ways....

stacyrg
on 1/23/17 1:33 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Ha!  More than I care to admit!

Daisydoo02
on 1/23/17 1:25 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I so hear you on having to spend most of our day drying Nikolai off, I swear when it rains my two want to be out MORE.  Damn water dogs!!

Oh just had to share with you last night for the first time in forever I found the Cinnamon Somersaults at my local grocery store. Yup I bought a bag. Yup I AM ADDICTED. Holy crap those are good.  Any newbies reading this, DON'T GET THEM. That is a treat and I can't have them in my house, but I had to tell you how friggin amazing they are, made me think of you!

Have a great evening!

stacyrg
on 1/23/17 1:34 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

Yes, and Nikolai has a double coat, so in reality, I can never get him really dry.  

As for the somersaults, they're evil!  Luckily I have a hard time finding the cinnamon because they're my favorite!

catwoman7
on 1/23/17 7:59 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I was at a specialty grocery store once that had some samples of different flavors of Somersaults out for people to try.  I tried a couple.  Fabulous!  I could never buy them - they'd last about 10 minutes!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

mschwab
on 1/23/17 9:38 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Happy Monday Daisy and menu squad.  The end of last week and the weekend were super busy, and I didn't have any time to post, but I did try to read everyting in the evening.  CAMAW went great and I really feel like it reset me and cleaned out all of the carbs.  I am continuing it this week just to really drive the reset home.

I participated in the Women's March in Portland on Saturday, and it was beyond amazing.  We had over 100,000 people marching, and it was the most orderly, upbeat and respectful protest I have ever been involved in.  Everyone was so kind to each other, and even the police officers were laughing, joking and some wearing pink hats.  Very different from the protest the night before that was unpermitted and had 15,000 protesters.  As you can imagine, that went bad quickly and ended in tear gas.  The Women's March was an excellent example of peaceful protest, and a stunning example of democracy in action.  How lucky we are to live in a country where we are free to express our concerns in that manner.  Fantastic.

I also went to an amazing restaurant for dinner on Saturday night to celebrate a friend's birthday.  It's called La Moule and has the most incredible mussels.  They also had a pork rind appetizer that was fantastic.  Couldn't have been more delicious or more RNY friendly.

My dearest friend is having an RNY today.  She should be in surgery right now.  I am so happy for her, and proud of her for making the decision to improve her health.  I am going up to Seattle this weekend to stay with her.  I had hoped to be there Wednesday to pick her up from the hospital, but my schedule just would not cooperate.  I am sure you will all meet her soon.  I have been telling her how great all of you are, and encouraging her to read this thread for menu ideas.

QOTD:  I am naturally a night person that has been forced to become a day person in order to earn a living.  I still have a hard time getting to bed at a decent hour, but always wake up before the alarm that is set for 6:00.  Most mornings I am awake at 4:00, no matter what time I went to bed.  Last night I went to bed at midnight, and was wide awake at 4:00.  I hate it.  I used to be able to sleep in on weekends, but I cannot do that anymore.

Time Since Surgery:  2 years + 1 month

B:  Egg Beaters, Bacon and Mozzarella omelette

S:  Chicken Salad

L:  3-3/4 oz chicken thigh

S:  3 oz Deli turkey

D:  4 oz pulled pork

S:  Protein Hot Chocolate

Totals:  Calories 871, Carbs 7, Protein 92

Have a great day everyone.  I have my annual performance review in a 1/2 hour.  Eek!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

mamata2
on 1/23/17 12:48 pm

So proud of all the marchers!

conazza
on 1/23/17 9:49 am
RNY on 09/23/16

Hello Everyone,

Posting quickly on this busy Monday!

QOTD: I hate mornings!!!! I have to teach starting at 7:15 and I HATE getting up to my alarm. I function much better later in the day. 

B: decaf and protein hot chocolate, babybel

L: Tuna pouch and balsamic

D: Pork Chop

S: Grilled Chicken Tender

calories 516, protein 73, carbs 9, fat 21

Lap band: 2006. Revision to RNY 9/23/2016

8/2/17: Goal Reached: 135lbs. & 115lbs lost (5'3")

Pre-op: 250, SW 242, CW 125, GW 135

Pre-op: 9lb M1: 20lb M2: 11.5lb M3: 11.9 M4: 13.4 M5: 10.8 M6: 10.2 M7: 8.1 M8: 8.4 M9: 6.5 M10: 5.7 M11: 3.5 M12: 4.3

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 398 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 388 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 261 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 6 replies · 130 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?