What's on your Menu today (Monday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 1/23/17 3:31 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning menu crew! How is everyone? Did you have a good weekend? Mine was great, pretty low key, did some shopping, hiking the dogs and they got a bath.  Went to a butcher shop in town that one of the Juror's on hubby's team recommended. Expensive as heck but awesome. I picked up some Sweet Thai Coconut & Pineapple chicken sausages, OMG I Loved them, hubby hated them, he took two bites and said "gross, all yours," yay more for me cuz I loved them! They were sweet and has pieces of coconut & pineapple in them and I put a spicy Thai sauce on them, yummy!

QOTD: Are you a Night person or Day person?  Do you need an alarm to wake up or are you a get up when your body wakes you (3am, 4am, 5am)? Or can you stay up all night long and be energized and that is when you are at your best?  I am a bit weird (like you all didn't know that already LOL).  I know I am a night person. But due to work I am forced to be a day person. I get up daily between 4:45-5am, out of the house at 5:35am, train to work and at my desk just before 7am.  During the weekends or when I am on holidays, I start to feel energized at 10pm or later. That's when I want to vacuum, clean, do laundry, bake etc.  On weekends I end up staying up way to late and I sleep in on the weekends and then I am a sleepy zombie come Monday morning! UGH. On holidays I can get right back into a routine of staying up to 4 or 5am no problem, my body loves it, middle of the night is when I am at my best. One of the worst parts is my husband is 100% a day person, at 5am he is energized and ready to "get things done!!"  For 17 years we have had to work around when I am energized and raring to go around 9 or 10pm he is shutting down and getting ready for sleep if he is not asleep already.  Its been interesting to say the least.

Time since surgery: 3 years + 2 months

B: 6 vanilla hazelnut coffees with splenda & lactose free milk (1st coffee of the day has Restoralax) + 2 babybel Light

L: can of solid white tuna + 2 tbsp balsamic dressing

S: Liberte Vanilla Greek yogurt + 1 tbsp of Bran buds

D: 3oz of Thai chicken sausage + 1/4 cup of corn + 1 tsp butter

S: Liberte Vanilla Greek yogurt + 1 tbsp of Bran buds

S: 4 deli slices of oven roasted turkey breast + 1 tbsp honey mustard before bed

(I have not really been hungry in the AM and have been drinking a lot of coffee instead and I am hungry in the evenings so I am logging my food for you all as I would eat it, just FYI)

TOTALS: 979 calories, 105 protein 65 carbs

V: patches are on (multi, iron, B12, Vit D & Calcium)

L: coffee all day + water with SF cranberry juice

E: supposed to rain tonight so will not be taking the dogs out (freshly bathed) so on the agenda is housework!

AMAW/CAMAW results will be in a separate post.  Thanks again to all who participated, it was an awesome week! 

Be fabulous today 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

lykapal
on 1/23/17 3:52 am
RNY on 05/16/16

I am most definitely a day person. My body knows when it's 6am, and that means get up! I'm not the kind of person who can lay around in bed relaxing. I have to get up when I wake up. My husband is very much a night owl. We sleep together maybe 3 hours? He comes to bed at 2am almost every night and I'm up and outta bed by 5:30. I think it's really only a problem when we take a road trip. I want to get out of the house by 5am and he begs to sleep in until 10 or 11 so he's not tired on the road. I hate driving for more than a few hours at a time and I'm ready for a break before he's had enough sleep to take over. Frustrating!

Safe snacking, friends.

Coffee: Regular coffee with 2 tbsp light cream (60, 0)

Breakfast: 1 egg, 3 slices bacon (120, 9)

Snack: 8 oz Fairlife Milk (80, 13)

Lunch Turkey Bite and Cheese Stick (140, 13)

Snack: Greek Yogurt (80, 12)

Dinner: Chicken breast with marinara and pepperoni (314, 32)

Protein Shakes: Premier Protein, Chocolate (160, 30)

Calories: 954 Protein: 109 Carbs: 29

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Grim_Traveller
on 1/23/17 3:58 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Morning DD2! I'm with Roonie on this one. Anything with Thai in the name I wouldn't have touched. Don't go mixing crap in with my meat!

I had an extremely low key weekend. My brother visited, so there was a lot of hanging out, and bacon. And the football game last night. And, we watched Manchester By The Sea.

QOTD: I can be either a night or day person. These days I am generally up crazy early when JB goes to bed. For over 20 years I got up at 2 am to go to work. Some of those years I was up all night and then slept when I got home, or just the opposite.

Crazy eating yesterday. Basically, it was eat this crap in the refrigerator before it goes bad. It was lower calories and protein than usual, higher carbs, and higher fat percentage. So, this is not a normal menu either, but it's what I ate.

January 23, 2017

Foods Calories Carbs Fat Protein        
Breakfast
Bacon - Hearty Thick Cut Bacon, 2 slice 180 0g 14g 10g        
Chinese Food - Chicken Fingers, 4 Finger 232 20g 12g 12g        
Lunch
Chinese Food - Chicken Fingers, 3 Finger 174 15g 9g 9g                                                                      
Bacon - Hearty Thick Cut Bacon, 3 slice 270 0g 21g 15g        
Dinner
Bacon - Hearty Thick Cut Bacon, 2 slice 180 0g 14g 10g        
Chinese Food - Chicken Fingers, 4 Finger 232 20g 12g 12g        
Snacks
Quest Bar - Chocolate Brownie, 1 Bar 170 24g 6g 20g        
Bacon - Hearty Thick Cut Bacon, 3 slice 270 0g 21g 15g        
Chocolate Squares, 3 squares 165 15g 15g 2g        
TOTAL: 1,873 94g 124g 105g        

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Insert Fitness
on 1/23/17 4:02 am

Morning everyone! 

Quick post today, as I'm a sucker who goes to a group strength class on the other side of the city and has to drive through rush hour on a Monday morning! It's near my sisters, so I'll pick her up on the way. I've learned not all instructors are equal, and this one is great, as she is able to offer corrections as she goes, and is great at reminding you as you go, where the weight should be, or where you should feel it. More like a yoga instructor actually. 

Qotd: definitely a morning person. I'm not even working right now, and I'm still up by 5-5:30 most mornings. My husband....is not. Poor guy has adjusted pretty well though over the past 10 years...

Menu:

B:protein shake

L: yogurt with bran buds I think, or maybe tuna, not really feeling either option right now...

S: some spicy salami with a piece of cheese

D: leftover Mississippi roast, and turnip. I have to say this is as tasty as people say. Although I was only able to eat 1.5 ounces for dinner last night. Curse you tiny tummy!! 

Have a great day everyone! I still need to catch up on yesterday's posts. Looks like the weekend crew is growing! Love it!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Queen JB
on 1/23/17 4:10 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Everyone! The weekend was great-- I am officially relaxed :) I think I got about 23 steps yesterday...yessss, haha. Today is a windy rainy day and there are going to be slick roads in parts of the state where the temperature is freezing. Since I am also waaaay behind on emails and other work, I have decided to forego 5 hours of commute times, and work from home today. Head down, focused. I am determined to be caught up by the end of the day! Got to make sure I stick to a menu and don't graze today, though, which will be easier from home. My routines have really been shaken over the last week and I need a "normal" day!

QOTD: The only way that you could consider me a "night person" is if you consider that most people consider it night, when I often wake up at 4am. I just do all of my best thinking in the morning--the earlier the better. It's nice because I know that if I am having a hard time wrapping my head around something, I just need to sleep on it, and in the morning I can put my best thoughts on it. But the problem is that after about 3pm, I am toast. And every minute that I am awake past 8pm, I'm pretty cranky! 

B: Cold Brew Coffee with Skim Milk and Sweetener & Hard Boiled Egg

S: Babybel Cheese & 1/4 c Almonds

L: 3 Turkey Meatballs with Pesto and Parmesan Cheese

S: Fage Blackberry Greek Yogurt

D: ?

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

catwoman7
on 1/23/17 9:45 am
RNY on 06/03/15

hmmm....I have some pesto in my freezer.  God knows how old it is, but I see it every time I open the door and think "I should do something with that....".  Having it with turkey meatballs is a great idea!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

alston87
on 1/23/17 4:18 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Although I am not so proud of some of the choices I made eating over the weekend....I am very proud to say that I got my hubby walking with me again! We went Saturday and Sunday. This makes me soooo happy.  He is MO and had multiple stents put in about 1.5 years ago after a heart attack so I really worry about him.  I am hoping he will decide to go with surgery after he sees me be successful with it.  I also realized that my 3 year old is a much better running partner than she was a few months ago.  She ran 1/2 mile with me before she resorted to riding on her Daddy's shoulders!

QOTD:  Definitely a day person.  I currently get up at 4:30 in the morning on weekdays so I can go to the gym before work.  I always set an alarm but typical don't need it because I wake up on my own.  On weekends I do force myself to go back to sleep but still I am up by 7:30 at the latest.  My 3 year old daughter won't sleep past 7:30 no matter what time she is put to bed!

B:  Premier protein shake

S: P3 pack

L:  Triple zero oikos yogurt and moon cheese

D:  chicken salad over lettuce

S:  1/2 banana and some PB2

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

ttfan
on 1/23/17 4:21 am
RNY on 08/15/16

They are predicting 3 to 6 then turning to sleet and freezing rain here over then next 48 hours, which is all well and good as long as the power doesn't go out!

I am definitely a day person, my inner clock has me up at 3 am every morning no matter what time I go to bed!

Breakfast
Bacon, 2 pieces
Egg Beaters, 0.5 cup
Lunch
Beanless Chili 0.5 cup
Hamburg, 2 oz
Dinner
Shrimps, 1.5 oz
Home Baked Cod Fish, 3 oz
lemon juice
Snacks
Jack Links - Teriyaki Meat Stick, 2 Stick

Totals cal 645 carbs 13 pro 76

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/23/17 4:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My weekend was quiet as I am still recuperating from PS. My SIL did come for dinner though (first company since surgery 12 days ago).  I also took a walk in the neighborhood yesterday for the first time,

QOTD: 30 years ago I would have said I was a night person. I liked to stay up late (and sleep late).  However, like you Daisy, I've been getting up early for work for years (4:30 up, 5:15 departure), so I also have to go to bed early (8:30). I find that I don't function well unless I get 7-8 hours of sleep.  So the interesting thing is that I've gotten so I enjoy the early morning when I'm at home and it is quiet.  So I still get up around 5 on off days.  Because of my surgery I am working from home for about 5 weeks.  I could be sleeping until 6:30 or so, but I'm not.  It will be interesting to see where my sleep schedule ends up after I retire at the end of the year.

B: eggbeaters and cottage cheese

L: tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: leftover lamb and root veggies

S: coffees, cheddar cheese, protein chips

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Pokemom
on 1/23/17 7:32 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I hope your recovery continues to go well.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views