What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers?

stacyrg
on 1/24/17 5:24 pm
VSG on 05/12/14

If I'm right, bran buds are a cereal that add crunch and fiber. 

cc583
on 1/24/17 5:42 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Thank you! :)

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Daisydoo02
on 1/24/17 6:04 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Hey Chris, here is what I eat in my yogurt. Basically fiber cereal.  Helps me a lot with going #2!

peachpie
on 1/24/17 9:32 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Afternoon folks. Crazy how the day slips by so fast while working. I seem to only want to EAT today. I don't usually eat lunch this early but I find I myself peeking over at my lunch bag quiet a bit. 

QOTD: Funny you say cottage cheese - I can't bring myself to eat it either. To many memories of being forced as a kid by my Mom to eat it as "diet food". Bacon is the #1 thing I can't east post op. It doesn't gross, me out- but how it makes me feel definitely grosses me out. 

20+ months out, 193 today

M1: 2 scrambled egg, turkey sausage crumbles, cheese

M2: greek yogurt, berries, cheerios, 2 oz lunch meat/cheese

M3: 6oz chili

M4: left over pork loin, mashed sweet potato 

M5: 4oz protein shake

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

karenp8
on 1/24/17 9:43 am - Brighton, IL

Quick post as we are camping and just stopped at home for a few minutes. Lily and I have been walking and walking every day since Saturday. We did 5 miles this morning and saw 3 deer,1 turkey and 2 eagles fishing in the lake. The woods look so different in the winter but are still beautiful. Post op 4 years 5 months and weight at 117 today. Here's the food plan B 3 bites the bone and 11/2 scrambled egg with cheese L 1/2 c chicken salad and tomato slices D 31/2 oz ribeye 1/2 c green beans S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar. I love camping because hubby does all the cooking for a change and I do cleanup. Later friends.

lykapal
on 1/24/17 9:55 am
RNY on 05/16/16

QOTD: Protein shakes! Ugh, unless it's the same thickness and consistency of milk or juice, I just can't swallow it. I can't tolerate thick liquids at all. So far the only protein drink I can manage is premier premade shakes. I tried Isopure, but the flavor is way too strong for now. I water down cranberry juice and V8 is too thick. And I LOVE V8 juice!

Some days I feel like I just need extra liquid, and today is one of those days.

Coffee: Regular coffee with 2 tbsp light cream (60, 0)

Breakfast: Quest cereal protein bar (120, 9)

Snack: Premier Protein, Chocolate (160, 30)

Lunch Turkey Bites (140, 13)

Snack:  Premier Protein, Chocolate (160, 30)

Dinner: TBD -Probably broth or another shake.

Protein Shakes: N/A

Calories: 560 Protein: 79 Carbs: 31 (will add dinner later)

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

CJ On Orcas
on 1/24/17 10:08 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Good morning DD2 and crew!

QOTD:  Tuna, egg salad. I used to just love devilleld eggs but the texture is so hard for me now.  And shrimp, and scallops.  Rubbery things just gross me out now.

B:  Premier Protein vanilla with lots of coffee

L:  Sausage Crack Slaw, 1 cup

D:  TJ chicken nuggets (4), pacific vegetables

S:  Dannon Light and Fit Blueberry

Totals:  651 calories 71 protein 43 carbs 22 fat

Patches are on, vitamins in.  OMG I have to start exercising.  Boy do I have loose skin.

Have a great day!

One Bad Beach
on 1/24/17 12:18 pm
RNY on 11/28/16

It's afternoon, and I'm just now getting around to posting.  It's been a super hectic day, but I'm making it.  The sun is shining, but the wind is blowing this West Texas dust and dirt.  Hellooooo, allergies!!! UGH!  I'm not having the best day.  I'm worried about one of our pigs.  I'm just counting the minutes until I can get home and check on her.  I really don't think she is going to make it, and I've tried everything. :'(

QOTD: Nothing that I can think of, really.  Protein shakes...I just can't get past the smell.  So gross.

I missed breakfast, and I didn't eat anything until lunch, so I am trying to cram in the protein.  So, not in menu format, but this is what I have planned today.

Time since RNY: 8 weeks

Weight this morning: 204

Food List:

string cheese, fiorucci salami and cheese, string cheese, cottage cheese, whole cashews, ribeye/A.1., venison jerky, and I already ate a sugar free candy, so it's added in here too!

Totals: 919 cal, 21 carb, 62 fat, 68 protein

L/V: over goal and all taken

E: Probably will have to bury the pig if she doesn't make it until I get home.  I'll do this while crying.  Please send good thought, prayers, or swing a chicken my way.  I'll be taking it pretty hard if.....

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244

Emiepie
on 1/24/17 12:31 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

So sorry about your pig. Hope everything works out.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

One Bad Beach
on 1/24/17 12:37 pm
RNY on 11/28/16

Thank you.  The worst part of it all is that she isn't just mine.  I know she's a show pig...I know where they end up, but my son....poor kid...she belongs to him, and she is the favorite of the five that we have.  I gave her some meds, which should have been hard....most pigs won't stand still or lie still for a shot, but she did this morning.  I gave her some electrolytes, but I don't know what else to do.  I called the vet, but haven't heard back from him.  He was supposed to go out to the house and see what he thought, but I can't confirm.  It's heart breaking.

"Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me." --Carol Burnett

RNY 11/28/2016

HW 285 - SW 244