What are you eating RNYers? Rockinâ?? New Years Eve edition

NYMom222
on 12/31/18 4:29 am, edited 12/31/18 4:49 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Happy Monday all!

So do you have any plans? I do not. Which I am totally OK with. I actually have a job interview/get to know you chat via Skype at 9am New Years Day with an IT company from India. They are looking for someone to field phone calls in the US on our time zone, as well as possibly write web content. We will see. My son connected us, so not totally random.

QOTD: Did you have any goals last year you accomplished? For me one was- No surgery. Which of course you don?t have total control over- The prior 5 years I had 8 major surgeries and I was done. Overdone. My other goal was to get up early every day. And I did it. Worked my way to 6am. Yes occasionally linger in bed but this was a huge challenge and change.

B: Fairlife latte/overnight oats and protein

L: butter chicken, butternut squash

D:teriyaki turkey meatballs, broccoli

S: protein, pumpkin muffin, peanut butter

ex: gym

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/31/18 4:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy New Years Eve! I can't believe that another year is finishing up. It is cold here this morning so Justice did a very quick out and now we are snuggling.

Good luck on the interview tomorrow. A friend's son-in-law had an interview on New Years Day a few years ago which I thought was odd, but he got the job and has loved it since then.

We are going out to an early dinner at 5 with friends, followed by champagne at their home. We will be home by 8-9 as DH will need to get to bed. Everyone is dressing up and wearing fur coats (all the other women inherited them from their mothers). I'll be chattering in my wool coat.

QOTD: I don't set annual goals, though I constantly set other goals in my head or on a list in my iPhone. And once something is on a list I have a compulsion to do it. I had a lot of things I wanted to get done in our Florida home and did get them accomplished (recovered furniture, skylight, paint/molding, new door, new appliances).

2 Years 9 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 1 month)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken

D: out to dinner - possibly scallop dish?

S: champagne, maybe some tastes of dessert

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Writergurl08
on 12/31/18 4:50 am
RNY on 02/15/18

Good morning! Yesterday I celebrated Christmas with my cousin, which basically meant we exchanged books (were both bookworms) and spend the day reading in our sweatpants and drinking hot beverages. She got me two books, one a YA trilogy conclusion, and the other is Darker, by EL James. Its the 2nd part of the 50 Shades books from Christians POV. I think the books are terrible (as in badly written) and have gone on many rants about them, so it's almost a joke...but I'm still going to read it lol.

qotd: well this year was the year I finally went through with surgery after contemplating it for years, always convincing myself instead that I could lose it on my own if I REALLY put my nose to the grindstone. Also, learning how to can and preserve food from my garden, especially foods we buy frequently otherwise, has been a fun new hobby.

Breakfast: meeting a friend for coffee at a Starbucks, I may have some egg bites also

lunch: chicken thigh

dinner: likely the same. I cooked up a few of them.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Julia S.
on 12/31/18 7:53 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Life is too short to waste it reading books you don't like, or that are poorly written. There are way too many good ones out there. I too am a bookworm. Too many books, not enough time!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Writergurl08
on 12/31/18 5:06 pm
RNY on 02/15/18

I'm still entertained by them enough to read them, I just cringe a lot when I hit an exceptionally stupid bit of prose. :P

I find myself cringing frequently.

HW: 340 SW: 329 Goal: 170

CW: 243

Surgeon: Dr. Kalyana Nandipati (Omaha, NE)

Partlypollyanna
on 12/31/18 12:33 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That sounds like a perfect day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

karenp8
on 12/31/18 4:52 am - Brighton, IL

No plans here either. I'll most likely be in bed by 10:30 anyway since Lily walks me early every morning to walk. So far today we've only done six tenths of a mile though and that was in pretty hard rain. I expected her to just potty in the yard but she started out and walked around the block. Hopefully the rain will stop at some point and we can get our long walk in--otherwise I'll hit the" dreadmill" down stairs. Accountability was good yesterday step and foodwise and weight today is 125.8. Heres todays food B 2/3 c earnest eats hot cereal with protein L 2 slices turkey 1 slice cheese D 4 ozs shrimp 1/4 c grits or less S meat stick. Off to find the first cup of coffee. I'll also aim for at least 100 ozs of fluids--yesterday I hit that goal. Bave a great day everyone and make some smart choices!

NYMom222
on 12/31/18 4:58 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I know it is meant to say Lily wakes me early. Instead it says - Lily walks me- I think that is probably true too.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

karenp8
on 12/31/18 5:07 am - Brighton, IL

Yes lots of days she totally does. If it was up to me--I'd still be in my warm bed snoozing!

Julia S.
on 12/31/18 7:55 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I love the "dreadmill" I know exactly what you mean!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 34 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 293 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 298 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views